tolowyn

Medical Review

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone. So i had my medical done today with Medisys in Montreal and thought that i'd give you guys the run down of how it all went. First let me say, for any of you that are stressing over this, SO DONT!!! it was such a breeze! My appointment was for 10:30 but we got there for 10:00. I went with my dad, i suggest having someone go with you because it just gives you someone to talk to and helps pass the time. I'll be honest i was stressed and worried about this all night and this morning. Parking is a little tricky tho, i suggest taking the metro or buss, or just park in one of the many parking lots scattered downtown because paying for parking on the street comes up to the same price as using one of the lots.

So i walked in and registered. All the receptionist wanted was my passport, medicare card, the sheet from packet 4 with my case number, and vaccination booklet. I gave all this to her, she handed me a clip board with one sheet (two sided) paper of questions on it.Before i had a chance to sit down ad write my name on the sheet, i was called in to get the chest x-rays done. I walked into a room and the nurse person told me to go into a room, take off my shirt and bra and necklace and put on the gown and they'd call me. I then followed her in to have the x-rays taken and then back into the room to wait another minute while they looked at the x-ray to make sure it was ok and then i could get dressed again.

Back to the waiting room for another long wait. Where i had a chance to finish filling out the form. Ok let me say, before i went for the medical, having to fill out this form and not knowing what questions were going to be on was really freaking me. Seriously, dont sweat over this! They are just question like have u ever had a stroke, heart attack, TB, any STD's, suicide attempts, diabetes, any sort of drug or alcohol abuse, surgery's, hospitalization, allergies, chicken pox, tobacco use, asthma, what medications are you taking. thats really pretty much it. I handed in the form and waited for the Dr. to call me.

Once in his office he reviewed this form with me, asked me why im taking the medication im taking, and verified the surgery's i had said that i had done and what the reason was for the my most recent hospital stay. He then put me behind a curtain and told me to take everything except underwear and socks off, and put the gown on. He came in looked in my ears, my throat, and my eyes, reflexes, took blood pressure, listened to my breathing, felt my abdomen and asked if i had n e pain i said no. He then told me to stand up, checked my spine if it was straight asked if i have any back pain, i said no. Then he told me to get dressed and go back out to wait. I had brought notes from my dr. explaining medical conditions and the list of medication im on and the medication itself but he didnt want to see it. I went back to the waiting room for another looooong wait.

Honestly the waiting is the hardest part. Finally i was then called into another nurses room, where she weighed me, took my height, told me to stand behind the black line and read the second to last line on an eye chart with my glasses on, then told me to take them off and read whatever smallest line i could see without my glasses. Then she took a blood sample to test for Syphilis, and told me all my shots were up to date. i said but i havnt had the flu vaccine is that ok, she said yup we dont start that in Canada yet we start later then they do in the U.S. i was like oh ok. I was then sent back again to the waiting room until the receptionist called me to pay. I paid the 215$ with no extra fees because i had no vaccines needed. She asked if i knew the address and direction to get to my interview, i said i think so, so she gave me a map and directions anyways and told me some of the closest hotels to stay at and that i could come pick up the results the day before the interview so i didnt lose anything. And that was that! easy! the whole thing took about 2 and a half hours. So defiantly bring a book and some snacks, and lots of toys and coloring books if your going with kids cuz there's nothing to do there. Staff is all very friendly. And its a really nice clean place.And really dont stress it!!

Interview in 13 days now yaaay!!!

Good luck to all of you out there!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.