Miss smarty pants

Gift suggestions

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I'd suggest something they can hang up on a wall maybe. Something that defines your state?? My in-law are from Wyoming and are originally from South Africa, they have family all over the world so as gifts they send out large tapestry type thing with 'Wyoming' 'Cheyenne' 'America' on them and picture that define the state, you can hang them on the walls and they look really nice. They have them in their house too and I've been to family in South Africa who have them and I really like them. They'll be able to hang it up and think of you and their son.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi all! Going back to see my hubby again in a few days. I already have presents for my hubby and his brother. Any suggestions for my in laws?

Hmmmm well when i went back to amman, i brought my mother in-law like a lotion set...and his sister some perfume... why dont you just ask? ask him...or give her a call and ask her... whenever I go back i do, she loves the vitamins from walmart lol so that is usually what she wants... I would just ask him if you want it to be a surprise

I'd suggest something they can hang up on a wall maybe. Something that defines your state?? My in-law are from Wyoming and are originally from South Africa, they have family all over the world so as gifts they send out large tapestry type thing with 'Wyoming' 'Cheyenne' 'America' on them and picture that define the state, you can hang them on the walls and they look really nice. They have them in their house too and I've been to family in South Africa who have them and I really like them. They'll be able to hang it up and think of you and their son.

think 'arab' lol... beauty products, lotion, perfume, even makeup...trust me

XOXO JOJO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hmmmm well when i went back to amman, i brought my mother in-law like a lotion set...and his sister some perfume... why dont you just ask? ask him...or give her a call and ask her... whenever I go back i do, she loves the vitamins from walmart lol so that is usually what she wants... I would just ask him if you want it to be a surprise

I bought lotion(butter shea) for my mother in law, american scarfs, and my father in law I found a great hanky that had the great ganpa on it. My hubby I bought him our footbal tean cap. i am going to see my husband soon too. Have a great time!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

At the Chicago airport I bought sweatshirts and tee-shirts for the brothers and my husband. For the mom and sister and Father I bought a snow globe and coffee cups. All had the Chicago logo.

The second time I met the family I just brought mom and sister perfume sets. Hard to not smash in my luggage. LOL

Have a nice time.

Are you done with NVC yet? I am still waiting for Case closed.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

why dont you just ask? ask him...or give her a call and ask her...

I did ask him. He said the old....'i dunno'. And when I ask her she said she doesn't need anything....just she said she is happy I will come. LOL. Now.....I KNOW they expect gifts....and gifts I will bring. I'm just deciding what that will be. :)

Timeline

Are you done with NVC yet? I am still waiting for Case closed.

I am intentionally delaying NVC. Actually, in order to keep myself from going bonkers while waiting over ten months for my NOA2, I had booked and paid for trips every two to three months to Morocco all the way to March. In hindsight, that seems a bit far out. Anyway, I figured since the trips are booked and paid for, I might as well go and enjoy them. So I'm taking my best friend this month and my daughter in December. This way I get to see more of Morocco anyway before he comes. And it will help my friend and my daughter understand where he comes from a little.

I will probably finish up at NVC after Christmas. I already had sent my hubby to get police certificates and all, but I forgot they will expire so he will have to do them again anyway. It's ok. I waited over ten months on them. They can wait three now on me. :)

Edited by Moroccan-Wife

Timeline

I am intentionally delaying NVC. Actually, in order to keep myself from going bonkers while waiting over ten months for my NOA2, I had booked and paid for trips every two to three months to Morocco all the way to March. In hindsight, that seems a bit far out. Anyway, I figured since the trips are booked and paid for, I might as well go and enjoy them. So I'm taking my best friend this month and my daughter in December. This way I get to see more of Morocco anyway before he comes. And it will help my friend and my daughter understand where he comes from a little.

I will probably finish up at NVC after Christmas. I already had sent my hubby to get police certificates and all, but I forgot they will expire so he will have to do them again anyway. It's ok. I waited over ten months on them. They can wait three now on me. :)

good luck with the gifts!! im going in dec as you know and am curious as to what to take abedine's family as well!! im getting his aunt makeup brushes and makeup becuase she does makeup for other moroccan weddings, his mother i have no clue!!! soo good luck!! abedine always says perfume when i ask them about gifts..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello everyone...these are not "gifts" but i take them over on every trip...

the things that i take when i go to see my family is...

#!. ADVIL!!!!! EVERYONE TAKES HANDFULS OF THIS HOME AND ALWAYS SAYS "THANK YOU FOR THE MAGIC PILL THAT TAKES CARE OF EVERYTHING!!!"

i get the JUGS from costco! hahahahahha...just get the IBUPROFEN. its the same and you get alot more.

#2. ZIPLOC BAGS!!!! o m g. its a miracle bag for everybody and they keep them for years using them over and over!

#3. MICROWAVE POPCORN! THEY LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4.SUDAFED.....a must have.

#5. PEPTO BISMAL! i feel like a drug runner hahahahahahahaa...

#6. every few years i take a new watch for my fiances parents and earrings or a little bracelet for his sister. i dont like to check my bags so i take things that TSA wont make me remove and throw away...so liquids for me is OUT. but i did take colognes and perfumes before....

#7 HALLOWEEN SIZE BAGS OF CHOCOLATE MIXED CANDYS ....snickers, almond joy, reeses...butterfingers...THEY ALL GUARD THEIR STASHES hahahahahhaahhaha! everybody loves candy!!!!

what i like about taking these medications and ziploc bags and smaller jewelrys is that my bag doesnt weigh a ton.

happy visiting everyone!!!!!!

"trust in what you love, continue to do it and it will take you where you need to go...."

event.png

Timeline

#7 HALLOWEEN SIZE BAGS OF CHOCOLATE MIXED CANDYS ....snickers, almond joy, reeses...butterfingers...THEY ALL GUARD THEIR STASHES hahahahahhaahhaha! everybody loves candy!!!!

what i like about taking these medications and ziploc bags and smaller jewelrys is that my bag doesnt weigh a ton.

Oh. Good idea about the Halloween candy! 'Tis the season, too so it's everywhere! I can definitely do that!

Timeline

#!. ADVIL!!!!! EVERYONE TAKES HANDFULS OF THIS HOME AND ALWAYS SAYS "THANK YOU FOR THE MAGIC PILL THAT TAKES CARE OF EVERYTHING!!!"

i get the JUGS from costco! hahahahahha...just get the IBUPROFEN. its the same and you get alot more.

#2. ZIPLOC BAGS!!!! o m g. its a miracle bag for everybody and they keep them for years using them over and over!

#3. MICROWAVE POPCORN! THEY LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4.SUDAFED.....a must have.

#5. PEPTO BISMAL! i feel like a drug runner hahahahahahahaa...

#6. every few years i take a new watch for my fiances parents and earrings or a little bracelet for his sister. i dont like to check my bags so i take things that TSA wont make me remove and throw away...so liquids for me is OUT. but i did take colognes and perfumes before....

Thanks!! abedine had asked me to take like advil and sudafed and things like that. i have a list call Hajji Family list for me to take with me when i go! haha i asked him to write down anything and let me know but i guess with him only knowing things from there he doesnt think of much that he would use because he has never used them before! if ya think of anything else its greatly appreciated!! thanks alot!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I check a bag and take my future mil lots of body washes, lotions, facial cleansers... But she helps out by "window shopping" with my fiance for her stuff first. She always wants the same type stuff, though. It's very hard to find these things in Egypt (I assume Morocco is similar) without paying a premium for them.

Great idea about Ziploc bags! I couldn't understand how anyone does anything without them the first time I went over to Egypt. I've never taken any for my fiance's family, but I think I will next trip!

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.