Mike&Rach

US passport photos near the embassy?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can anyone tell me where is best to go and how much it is?

I can get it done near here for £18 for 2 but if they have it cheaper in London I'll get it the day before down there.

K1 Visa

Mar 28th 2011 - I-129F posted.

Mar 31st 11 - Delivered.

Apr 5th 11 - NOA1 (email).

Apr 8th 11 - NOA1 hardcopy received - dated 4/4/11

June 24th 11 - NOA2 hardcopy received - dated 20/6/11

July 19th 11 - Case number given

Aug 5th 11 - Packet 3 letter received

Aug 13th 11 - Police certificate received

Aug 15th 11 - Medical booked for 22 Aug @ 9.50am

Aug 16th 11 - Packet 3 returned & Visa fee paid

Aug 22nd 11 - Medical complete

Oct 7th - Interview - Approved =)

Nov 14th - POE Chicago

Jan 8th 2012 - Wedding ♥

AOS

Mar 24th 2012 - Package posted to Chicago PO Box

Mar 29th 2012 - NOA1 by email

Any snappy snaps will do it and some are open on sundays which is handy. cant remember the price though but seem to remember them being a bit more expensive...if not there's a place opposite charing cross station in central london that does them cheap. its on the opposite side of the road going towards aldwych, you can see the sign the sign advertising their deals on google street view but the actual store is down a set of steps

Filed: Timeline

Can anyone tell me where is best to go and how much it is?

I can get it done near here for £18 for 2 but if they have it cheaper in London I'll get it the day before down there.

Those are very expensive photos.

You can make your own for a lot less. Take a picture of yourself against a white wall or background. Upload the photo to www.epassportphoto.com. Use their tools to get the right dimensions. Do not make an order on this site - click "no thanks" on the page for making an order. "No thanks" takes you to a page where you can download the passport photos. There will be six passport photos on a 10 cm by 15 cm print. Have it printed up at your local photo developer. Cost is less than 18 pounds since you will only be paying the developer for a 10x15cm print.

Edited by Jojo92122

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Wow that is expensive!! Can't you just go to your local high street to a photo shop and get them done?? Thats what I did and I got like 6 for about 8 pounds, you can do them yourself but if you get them done properly you know they're right. Don't go to a UK booth because they're not big enough go to a proper shop where they take them with a digital camera and adjust them accordingly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I went to goulds pharmacy and the contrast was not great. I bought 4 and all the embassy did was take one of my photos and photograph it, then hand me it back. On the visa it shows thinner than a UK passport photo.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2011-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-03-01

I-129F RFE(s) : 2011-06-04

RFE Reply(s) : 2011-06-07

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-17

Packet 3 Received : 2011-08-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-08-10

Packet 4 Received : 2011-09-08

Interview Date : 2011-09-26 APPROVED

Visa in Hand : 2011-09-30 9.20am

POE (salt lake city) : 2011-10-06

wedding : 2011-11-01

Its almost over!!!

i used Goulds too, they were good enough for my purposes and they are 2 for £5.00 or 4 for £7.50

My Journey Uk To Usa

K1
I-129f Sent:- 19-Aug-2010
Date of Entry-27-May-2011
Date Married-24-June-2011

AOS
AOS/EAD Sent:08-Aug-2011
Green Card Received: 16-Nov-2011

ROC

i-751 Sent 01-Nov-2013

i-751 NOA1 04-Nov-2013

i-751 Biometrics App. 08-Nov-2013

i-751 Biometrics Completed 29-Nov-2013

Nearly there, and for those who are just starting the k1 it is a long wait but once it is over the time feels well spent

Timeline

Thanks everyone.

I'll probably go to Goulds and get them done if I dont get chance to make my own or check somewhere else in town.

K1 Visa

Mar 28th 2011 - I-129F posted.

Mar 31st 11 - Delivered.

Apr 5th 11 - NOA1 (email).

Apr 8th 11 - NOA1 hardcopy received - dated 4/4/11

June 24th 11 - NOA2 hardcopy received - dated 20/6/11

July 19th 11 - Case number given

Aug 5th 11 - Packet 3 letter received

Aug 13th 11 - Police certificate received

Aug 15th 11 - Medical booked for 22 Aug @ 9.50am

Aug 16th 11 - Packet 3 returned & Visa fee paid

Aug 22nd 11 - Medical complete

Oct 7th - Interview - Approved =)

Nov 14th - POE Chicago

Jan 8th 2012 - Wedding ♥

AOS

Mar 24th 2012 - Package posted to Chicago PO Box

Mar 29th 2012 - NOA1 by email

Timeline

You probably wouldnt want to wait, but there is a photo booth in the embassy itself I noticed. This is probably for people who dont have the right colour or dimensions on the photots they brought with them. If my memeory serves me they were 5pounds. I printed them out myself on gloss photo paper and they were accepted fine. Use the online tools as jojo siad (although I didnt, I dont it with some jiggery pockery in microsoft word!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.