jessicaDiana

Im unsure of police certificate in canada...

3 posts in this topic

hello all vjers!

so today i went to the canadian royal mounted police today to get my police certificate. i went in and i asked for a name check all throughout canada/criminal record check (ive never been outside my country before). the lady at the front desk asked me "why what do you need it for?" and i said i need it for my k-1 marriage visa i applied for to go to the U.S. the lady at the desk did not seem to know what in the world i had meant. she asked me if i was looking for a "police certificate" instead. I said yes thats what i was looking for but i thought a police certificate and a name check were the same thing. ive never had a criminal record before, i thought i did because i was red flagged at an airport before wth my fingerprints and photo taken but it never went on my record or anything so i know i didnt need any fingerprints at the police department done to show i had a criminal record.

ive read this site requirements for the k-1 visa and ive done the research, but im not seeming to understand if i got the proper requirements today. the lady today charged me $52 for the police certificate, i got 2 signed copies of it and a canadian stamp on them. did i get the proper information at the police department? and also, the woman at the desk couldnt tell me when police certificates are valid for. i explained i am getting documents ready early for my visa/interview and would like to know how long my certificate is valid for and she said she didnt know. i asked 3 times to be sure.

me and my fiance filed at VSC. its day 77 and we have been seeing people just days before us get there NOA2 on igors list so thats why today i went in to get my police certificate early.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should of waited till you had your NOA2.

Police certificate is valid for 1 year only.

K-1s are extremely backed up at Montreal and people have been waiting over a month for interviews.

The police certificate needs to state no record found and a search of the nation wide name check done.

I payed about 40$ for my 1 green sheet I filled out, they put it in a printer that printed it out saying no record and she stamped it with an embossed stamper.

- Airport finger printing has nothing to do with criminal record.

- You do not need finger printing for police certificates done unless you have a criminal record.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Also this should be in the Canada forum. Considering its a bout Police certificates from Canada.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.