Dave and Shannon

New 2011 LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

447 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

in Arizona you can get it with your EAD. I never did, just got a state ID card but the lady said i could get a DL if i wanted, but it would expire when my EAD expires.

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Your dating timeline is so close to ours XD Only opposite because our first meeting was in Australia when I went to visit my Ben, and he used the working holiday visa to live in the US :3 And instead of WV we are in VA xD

Ben already has a drivers licence from when he was here, do you think he can renew it when he gets back here?

What is it about the name Ben...Three Ben's with ties to Australia going through AOS at the moment :blink:

Timeline

I have some very exciting news (for me anyway :D)... Last night mum admitted she's been working overtime to save to come and visit (which is why I've been having trouble catching her on the phone) as a surprise and just this week she finally has enough :D So she's looking at coming in August for my birthday :D :D :D She's going to keep saving so she has a little spending money (not a lot 'cause the ticket is gunna cost around $2K with insurance). I'm VERY excited!! I arrived in Sept 2009, and went home in Sept 2010 (back to US in Nov 2010) and haven't seen her since. She's NEVER met Tony in person (only online), she's never seen our house in person, she's never met her granddaughters (my 2 puppies :D). She's only ever been to NZ, never had such a long flight so I'll be writing a LONG "how to" including pictures for her (she'll POE at LAX). I'm also going to make sure she has her phone able to call me if she has any issues or even just to call and let me know she got through POE.

I'm not too worried about POE honestly, she has a mortgage, she'll have a new granddaughter (her first grandchild and actual human granddaughter :D) and she'll have the contract or whatever it's call for Dad being in a nursing home. I'm thinking she should also get letters from her bosses (she has 2 jobs) but I don't think they're the end of the world. She's a little concerned about her HRT and arthritis pain meds so she's gunna see a doc about a letter saying she's on pain pills for a medical condition.

It's very exciting!! I'm sure she's nervous 'cause wow, first trip to the US, first trip that's required a passport so she's getting that done too (when she went to NZ it was in the 70's so no passport required).

Anyway... YAY!! Very excited. In fact I still get teary thinking about it :D

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

I have some very exciting news (for me anyway :D)... Last night mum admitted she's been working overtime to save to come and visit (which is why I've been having trouble catching her on the phone) as a surprise and just this week she finally has enough :D So she's looking at coming in August for my birthday :D :D :D She's going to keep saving so she has a little spending money (not a lot 'cause the ticket is gunna cost around $2K with insurance). I'm VERY excited!! I arrived in Sept 2009, and went home in Sept 2010 (back to US in Nov 2010) and haven't seen her since. She's NEVER met Tony in person (only online), she's never seen our house in person, she's never met her granddaughters (my 2 puppies :D). She's only ever been to NZ, never had such a long flight so I'll be writing a LONG "how to" including pictures for her (she'll POE at LAX). I'm also going to make sure she has her phone able to call me if she has any issues or even just to call and let me know she got through POE.

I'm not too worried about POE honestly, she has a mortgage, she'll have a new granddaughter (her first grandchild and actual human granddaughter :D) and she'll have the contract or whatever it's call for Dad being in a nursing home. I'm thinking she should also get letters from her bosses (she has 2 jobs) but I don't think they're the end of the world. She's a little concerned about her HRT and arthritis pain meds so she's gunna see a doc about a letter saying she's on pain pills for a medical condition.

It's very exciting!! I'm sure she's nervous 'cause wow, first trip to the US, first trip that's required a passport so she's getting that done too (when she went to NZ it was in the 70's so no passport required).

That's great news!

Timeline

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

That's great news!

Very :D :D :D Thanks :)

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

I know right!!! :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wonderful news. :)

I too suffer from arthritis so I'm dreading the trip back home to OZ when I have to make it to visit my parents. Tell your mum to try to get an aisle seat on the plane so she can get up and move around often. That will help.

I hate those terrible twins - Arthur & Ritis (arthritis) - they follow me around from time to time. :devil:

Edited by kennard

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Wonderful news. :)

I too suffer from arthritis so I'm dreading the trip back home to OZ when I have to make it to visit my parents. Tell your mum to try to get an aisle seat on the plane so she can get up and move around often. That will help.

Thanks and yep! She actually reminded me and asked if she could pick her seat. I told her to make sure she booked it when she booked the flight, and then checked it when she checked in. She's really worried about it actually. Also worried about getting into trouble for her pain meds... I know she's allowed a certain amount (codeine) but I also want to make sure she has her doctors note. it would suck to have them confiscated.

Do you mind me asking how bad the flight was? Do you have any tips I can give her? She knows about the walking around (and I suggested down the back near the doors and toilets) but do you think a pillow to sit on, or a back support or something would help? Should she take drugs prior to the flight (not drowsy ones 'cause I'm terrified of her getting confused when they change flights)?

Filed: Timeline

I haven't flown for a few years now but I found the Aussie summer was hard as we had storms leaving Sydney which made for a rough flight. August is good - not summer storm weather. It was about a 14 hour flight. Drink plenty of water throughout the flight cause the air conditioners dehydrate which adds to jetlag. Take a small pocket sized tube of moisturiser with carry on in hand bag and use it on hands and face often throughout the flight as it too will help to rehydrate. They will supply a pillow on board for her and she can use it as she sees fit. If necessary she may be able to ask for a second one if needed. She can also take an inflatable neck pillow which she can use wherever needed as well. As long as she has a prescription or note from her doctor for the pain meds she should be able to carry a few of those on board with her (enough for the flight and a couple extra - the rest goes into her check-in luggage). She should probably just take the drugs at prescribed times but if the time to take pills is at check in time I would wait until she's on the plane to avoid any disorientation rather than before check-in. There are always people to help with any problems she may have. Just tell her to ask any airport terminal official or steward/stewardess for help or to answer any questions she may have at any stage of her journey.

Oh a question and an important one - Does she have a pacemaker? I ask this because my mother just had a pacemaker put in and cannot fly here now...at least not for a year or more and even then to be assessed. Also does she have any hip replacement or other "bionic" body parts/replacements? Those questions asked so you can be aware of security procedures as they set off alarms and in the case of pacemaker cannot go through electronic security as it messes with the pacemaker itself. Any heart condition or diabetes or other health issues?...and is she a vegetarian cause she can request vegetarian or special meals at time of booking.

Don't hesitate to ask me any questions. Will help if I can. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks and yep! She actually reminded me and asked if she could pick her seat. I told her to make sure she booked it when she booked the flight, and then checked it when she checked in. She's really worried about it actually. Also worried about getting into trouble for her pain meds... I know she's allowed a certain amount (codeine) but I also want to make sure she has her doctors note. it would suck to have them confiscated.

Do you mind me asking how bad the flight was? Do you have any tips I can give her? She knows about the walking around (and I suggested down the back near the doors and toilets) but do you think a pillow to sit on, or a back support or something would help? Should she take drugs prior to the flight (not drowsy ones 'cause I'm terrified of her getting confused when they change flights)?

My parents came here last week they going to stay for 2 more weeks... enjoying their company... seeing them after 6 months its nice :dance:

Hi there fellow Aussies! My name's Kat, I'm brand new and completely overwhelmed. Hoping to move to the US in July & marry my fiance. Am I able to stay there? Or do I have to come back? Is this really going to be as complicated as I fear?

If you intend to enter the US to marry and stay there, you will need a fiance visa first. If your fiance hasn't petitioned you yet, then there is not enough time. It usually takes 6-8 months from the filing of the petition to the approval of the visa (the petition and the visa are two separate processes).

Otherwise you will need to go there, get married, then return to Australia and your husband can petition you for a spousal visa.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I'm approved :dance: I received the green card production email/text this afternoon after my interview this morning. WooHoo

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.