Dave and Shannon

New 2011 LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

447 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

It could take a while if it got sent to CSC. Do you have your EAD?

No EAD. nothing yet. Still awaiting it all.

11-03-08 ~ First met in USA

11-15-09 ~ Got Engaged

03-14-11 ~ Mailed I-129F/K-1

03-16-11 ~ NOA1

07-01-11 ~ Police Cert Received

07-12-11 ~ NOA2

07-28-11 ~ Medical Passed

08-02-11 ~ Packet 3 Received

09-01-11 ~ P3 Sent

09-07-11 ~ Packet 4 Received

09-13-11 ~ Interview/APPROVAL!

Timeline

No EAD. nothing yet. Still awaiting it all.

my ead card came a week before my green card haha... not sure how long... we filed the 23rd of sept and i got all approved november... so whole process took 3 months or so.. and ours got sent to CSC too.. so you should hear something soon you would think..

event.png

Timeline

Our was filed mid November. So shouldn't be to long, I hope soon. I'm dying to work.

11-03-08 ~ First met in USA

11-15-09 ~ Got Engaged

03-14-11 ~ Mailed I-129F/K-1

03-16-11 ~ NOA1

07-01-11 ~ Police Cert Received

07-12-11 ~ NOA2

07-28-11 ~ Medical Passed

08-02-11 ~ Packet 3 Received

09-01-11 ~ P3 Sent

09-07-11 ~ Packet 4 Received

09-13-11 ~ Interview/APPROVAL!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Flights booked back to AUS for a couple of months... rofl. Employment contract earning infinitely more than US Companies helped, but it was certainly a tough decision.

In the interest of a working future, I feel it's for the best ;D

ps. no it is not my intention to "lose" my US permanent residency :)

The Long Wait...

Unmarried Son of US Citizen OVER 21

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

Your I-130 was approved in 1448 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

05/04/10 - Received I-864 Bill

23/04/10 - IV Fee Bill Received

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

11/06/10 - July 2010 Bulletin shows PD Current - WOOT!

14/06/10 - Operator and AVR Update to say CASE COMPLETE 10/6/10

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

07/07/10 @ 11:00am - Medical - COMPLETE

03/08/10 @ 9:00am 11:00am - Interview!(SYD) - APPROVED!

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

24/09/2010 - Welcome Letter from USCIS!

25/09/2010 - Green Card Arrived

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Flights booked back to AUS for a couple of months... rofl. Employment contract earning infinitely more than US Companies helped, but it was certainly a tough decision.

In the interest of a working future, I feel it's for the best ;D

ps. no it is not my intention to "lose" my US permanent residency :)

Best of luck with both.

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I had my first job interview in the US today...and i got the job pending drug test :D Okay, so it's only at Walmart...but still...i got a job :D

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I had my first job interview in the US today...and i got the job pending drug test :D Okay, so it's only at Walmart...but still...i got a job :D

Congrats!! A job is a job! You gotta start somewhere!

Timeline

hehe yeppppp :D And thank you :) Atleast it's in the Jewelry department, nice change from working with food which i've been doing for the last six years. Just means i need to remember to use the American spelling of jewelry...can't have someone who can't even spell their job title, lol.

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Timeline

I got a RFE today for them loosing my packet and not having any medical records of me.... FUN FUN lol

Now my question is that i do have copies of my full medical conducted in australia about 6 months ago, can i just send in those copies or do i need to have a brand new exam.

Anyone who has been through this can help Please........

Timeline

I got a RFE today for them loosing my packet and not having any medical records of me.... FUN FUN lol

Now my question is that i do have copies of my full medical conducted in australia about 6 months ago, can i just send in those copies or do i need to have a brand new exam.

Anyone who has been through this can help Please........

Send the copies of your medical. That should be sufficient.

Timeline

Are you sure that should be alright ? as it asking for another medical ?

What is the exact wording?

Timeline

What is the exact wording?

" You entered the united states using a vaild K-1 Nonimmigrant visa. All USCIS records relating to you have been reviewed. The U.S. department of state medical forms DS-2053, DS-3024 and DS-3026 are not in any of those records. You have only included a copy of form DS-3025, Vaccination documentation worksheet.

Please have a medical exam conducted and submit a properly completed and signed form I-693( with original signatures), report of medical examination and vaccination record."

thats the exact wording..

Any help ?

Thanks for you effort though. Much appreciated !!

Edited by Sean86

Timeline

" You entered the united states using a vaild K-1 Nonimmigrant visa. All USCIS records relating to you have been reviewed. The U.S. department of state medical forms DS-2053, DS-3024 and DS-3026 are not in any of those records. You have only included a copy of form DS-3025, Vaccination documentation worksheet.

Please have a medical exam conducted and submit a properly completed and signed form I-693( with original signatures), report of medical examination and vaccination record."

thats the exact wording..

Any help ?

Thanks for you effort though. Much appreciated !!

Yep then you should be totally fine sending a copy of your medical and I would include a cover sheet that says "Please find attached, a copy of report from the medical exam conducted for my K1 visa in XX Australia. The original medical should have been in my "A file" handed over at XXX (name of POE) when I entered the US on my K1 visa on XXX".

You could also try making an INFOPASS and asking THEM to check your A file. You could try involving your congressperson/senator and asking them to tell USCIS to check your A file. Or if you're really worried just do a new medical. You should be fine sending a copy of your K1 medical but sometimes USCIS doesn't know it's ####### from it's elbow.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Just popping in to say G'day, has been so long since i logged in had to check my notebook for my password LOL. It has been so great to not have to worry about any paperwork for nearly 12 months and just relax, I know my ROC is not due until March next year but wanted to check my time line to find out when i do need to submit it.

Life has been great here in North East Tennessee, winter has been very mild as this time last year we had snow and i was wearing long johns. We just had two weeks in Honolulu, where we met up with My Mum and Middle Sister for 2 weeks hols in the Sun, Sand and Surf, reminded me of home ie Gold Coast. Reminded me why i was so happy to leave that place, too many people, traffic out the wazoo and life was too fast, but boy did enjoy the 82 degree weather.

Living here is so relaxed, I live in a fairly small community compared to the Gold Coast, we have two acres about 10 miles outside of town, we have a small town about 10 mins away where we can get milk n bread and stuff if we run out, take away's are just up at the Interstate Exit about 15 mins away.

Wanted to send out Howdy's to Vanessa and Tony, Carey and Lynjers hope you gals are as happy as a pig in mud as I am LOL.

Bex why are u going home??????/

Love and Light to all

Kaye and Leonard

Our Timeline

I-751 Removal of Conditions

Date Filed : 2013-01-08

NOA Date : 2013-01-14

RFE(s) : NA

Bio. Appt. : 2013-02-06

Interview Date : NA

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-06-27

Approved : Yes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.