David and Elena

Vaccinations

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiance has received her Visa in Russia as of today and is scheduled to enter the US with her son on October 8th. She and her son were a couple Vaccinations short but were given the visa. Question: Will they be allowed entry into the US and then be able to get any missing vaccinations prior to AOS? She is wondering if she will have to go a day early to Moscow and get the vaccinations before leaving for the US? They will not administer the vaccinations in her hometown as they say she is current on Russian requirements. VJ'er advice will be most appreciated as we don't want a problem at POE! Thanks!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She will enter the USA and need to get the shots for AOS.

She will bring her vaccination sheet from the medical to the civil surgeon with the vaccination portion of the 693 form and they will transcribe the vaccinations from one to the other. They will give the missing shots and put them onto the 693.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

A note to others that have not done this yet. If you get all the vaccinations done at the medical you can turn in the I-3025 with your AOS packet and usually skip the problem of finding a civil surgeon here and paying a couple of hundred dollars for the update.

Worked for a lot of us.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

A note to others that have not done this yet. If you get all the vaccinations done at the medical you can turn in the I-3025 with your AOS packet and usually skip the problem of finding a civil surgeon here and paying a couple of hundred dollars for the update.

Worked for a lot of us.

And... another not to others.....a lot of folks did the above and got an RFE for the 693. From my readings it runs about 40% don't neet and 60% get an RFE. Submitting the 3025 AND the 693 almost never pulls an RFE....unless USCIS loses something....but that's a different story.

Nice article on CNN.com titled "Stupid Voters cause Broken Government"

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiance has received her Visa in Russia as of today and is scheduled to enter the US with her son on October 8th. She and her son were a couple Vaccinations short but were given the visa. Question: Will they be allowed entry into the US and then be able to get any missing vaccinations prior to AOS? She is wondering if she will have to go a day early to Moscow and get the vaccinations before leaving for the US? They will not administer the vaccinations in her hometown as they say she is current on Russian requirements. VJ'er advice will be most appreciated as we don't want a problem at POE! Thanks!!

YES she will be allowed to enter. She will NEED to get the vaccinations before filing for the AOS and will need an I-693 completed by a civil surgeon here in the US. She can get the vaccinations anywhere, here, there, your family doctor or the civil surgeon. Matters not where you get the vaccines.

Google "civil surgeons (your state)" and call around. These guys tend to be parasites adn want to slam you for fees. They can charge whatever they want so check around. Some will say that they require an additional exam (and fee for this) It is not required by law but they may refuse to sign off on the vaccines if you do not hand over the cash. It is a pure and simple shake down.

Just remember, no matter what they say, you are NOT required to have another medical exam if it is within one year of the exam she had overseas. Call around, be prepared to drive a few hours if necessary.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

And... another not to others.....a lot of folks did the above and got an RFE for the 693. From my readings it runs about 40% don't neet and 60% get an RFE. Submitting the 3025 AND the 693 almost never pulls an RFE....unless USCIS loses something....but that's a different story.

I have heard the same but did not research it. We got all the vaccines overseas before the medical and got the DS 3025 signed off and successfully did the AOS for three people with just that.

In one case I helped with, it was rejected because the DS 3025 form has a box which says "vaccinations complete" and it was not checked. So if you get the DS-3025 DO NOT LEAVE the medical clinic without having that little box checked. (if your vaccinations are complete)

On another note, this was an issue that bothered me a lot and I eventually got in contact with Senator Patrick Leahy. Alla and I met with him and then worked with his office staff to add wording in his legislation that would make it possible for ANY licensed US doctor to sign off on an I-693 and eliminate the need for a CS. Too bad he attached it to his Leahy-Menendez amnesty bill which went down in flames. We met with him again and he has promised that he will add it as an amedment on some upcoming legislation in the future. Senators often add an amenedment to a bill that looks like it will pass...like ornaments on a Christmas tree. I hope he will.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I have a question conserning this. If we send DS-3025 and get an RFE asking for I-693, will a copy of DS-3025 be enough for a civil surgeon? Or shall we send a copy of DS-3025 and keep the original?

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

If she can get the vaccinations in Russia, do it and make sure you get a translation of all her shots and probably all of her important medical history. You will probably save in the long run. As stated before, the civil surgeon requirement is a racket and some of these people charge outrageous fees for doing nothing. :angry: In my wife's case, she required the TB test according to the civil surgeon. This guy was so old that when he pinched her skin to inject the test, he missed her skin completely and sprayed the injection all over her arm. So, do yourself a favor and shop around. :thumbs: The USCIS web site has listing of civil surgeons in your area.

On the otherhand, Lena has brought her Russian vac record to the US. We will be going to a civil surgeon I have known personally for years soon.

Question 1: can we translate the doc into English?

Question 2: no DS-3025 - am I to understand that the civil surgeon will complete the I-693? Will the I-693 suffice as the proper vac document to be included for our AOS?

Thanks a bunch!

Lena and Igor

P.S. Boy does she miss the mietro in Kharkov

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

Timeline

Certainly will not work if the vaccinations are not complete. I have seen this tried before...

and at this point in the process an RFE doesn't mean much.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

A quick update on vaccination records for people in Russia; it is Very Important to get a copy of your vaccination records from the medical you have in Moscow. I think it is $20 per person to get the English copy that they put into (or are supposed to put into) the medical package that goes to the embassy. When Liliya arrived her package from the embassy did not have the vaccination records. Without this document in the package the CDC agent is supposed to send you to a local (local to the POE) civil surgeon to do a new medical. This would be the same medical as they had in Moscow. We were lucky that we had the extra copies and could provide them for the Officer in Charge. Below is a copy of the email he sent to me asking for some clarification on the missing document.

Robert,

Out of curiosity, did the physician keep this vaccination sheet separate from the other medical paperwork, or was it separated at the embassy, or by someone else? I have noticed this on several immigrants who arrive from Russia.

Thank you.

Thomas George, MPH

Officer in Charge

CDC Houston Quarantine Station - George Bush Intercontinental Airport

CDC Dallas Quarantine Station - Dallas/Ft.Worth International Airport

Division of Global Migration and Quarantine

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

1070663.jpg

As others have said, YES they will be granted entry without the vaccinations and then YES they do need the proper vaccinations before AOS.

If you can, make sure they have DS-3025 (vaccination record) with them. This is an American form and they may or may not have it. I know the packet is sealed and it may or may not be in there. They should not open it. But, what they can do is get the doctor in Russia to make them one for a small fee if they don't have one already. If they have one, no worries.

If they don't have one, they may run into problems at the civil surgeon. My wife had a heck of a time tracking hers down and then still had to get the chicken pox test and a few other shots because it wasn't signed off on her sheet. Luckily, the civil surgeon only charged us like $45 or something so it wasn't outrageous but we spent the better part of three or four days tracking down clinics and getting shots, etc. If she would've had all that checked off before getting here we wouldn't have needed to do anything.

I have a question conserning this. If we send DS-3025 and get an RFE asking for I-693, will a copy of DS-3025 be enough for a civil surgeon? Or shall we send a copy of DS-3025 and keep the original?

If you have a DS-3025 you should include that in the packet. When you go to the civil surgeon's office he'll basically look over the immunizations to make sure they're correct and then sign off on everything. As others have said, you DO NOT have to have another examination although they'll probably insist on doing something like pulse and blood pressure, listen to breathing - a basic check up. (Don't pay for it! Make sure you have an agreed upon price before going and pay cash only after receiving the documents you need.)

They'll give you a packet with all the info in it. It may or may not be sealed. We asked for copies of everything and then sent the originals. Keep copies!

Folks, it can't be said enough, MAKE COPIES OF EVERYTHING!!!

On the otherhand, Lena has brought her Russian vac record to the US. We will be going to a civil surgeon I have known personally for years soon.

Question 1: can we translate the doc into English?

Question 2: no DS-3025 - am I to understand that the civil surgeon will complete the I-693? Will the I-693 suffice as the proper vac document to be included for our AOS?

Thanks a bunch!

Lena and Igor

P.S. Boy does she miss the mietro in Kharkov

A quick update on vaccination records for people in Russia; it is Very Important to get a copy of your vaccination records from the medical you have in Moscow. I think it is $20 per person to get the English copy that they put into (or are supposed to put into) the medical package that goes to the embassy. When Liliya arrived her package from the embassy did not have the vaccination records. Without this document in the package the CDC agent is supposed to send you to a local (local to the POE) civil surgeon to do a new medical. This would be the same medical as they had in Moscow. We were lucky that we had the extra copies and could provide them for the Officer in Charge. Below is a copy of the email he sent to me asking for some clarification on the missing document.

Robert,

Out of curiosity, did the physician keep this vaccination sheet separate from the other medical paperwork, or was it separated at the embassy, or by someone else? I have noticed this on several immigrants who arrive from Russia.

Thank you.

Thomas George, MPH

Officer in Charge

CDC Houston Quarantine Station - George Bush Intercontinental Airport

CDC Dallas Quarantine Station - Dallas/Ft.Worth International Airport

Division of Global Migration and Quarantine

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

This is something that seems to happen quite often. I don't believe Moscow requires it to be in the packet for medical and that's why it's not in there when they arrive at POE.

As such, it's important for any beneficiary to know they need to bring one with them. It's not absolutely required for entry but it is needed later. It's an American form and they should be able to secure one before they leave home.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

If you have a DS-3025 you should include that in the packet. When you go to the civil surgeon's office he'll basically look over the immunizations to make sure they're correct and then sign off on everything. As others have said, you DO NOT have to have another examination although they'll probably insist on doing something like pulse and blood pressure, listen to breathing - a basic check up. (Don't pay for it! Make sure you have an agreed upon price before going and pay cash only after receiving the documents you need.)

They'll give you a packet with all the info in it. It may or may not be sealed. We asked for copies of everything and then sent the originals. Keep copies!

I have the DS-3025 and I have all the vaccinations, so we were just thinking aout sending this form in the packet, like others said. We decided though that if we have an RFE - cause as it was also said above, sometimes people get an RFE even if the vaccinations are complete - we're going to a civil surgeon. I'm just a little concerned whether a copy of DS-3025 will be enough for the civil surgeon in that case... I also have my vaccination records in Russian - I guess, I can translateit, if something happens.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

Yes a copy should be good enough, you should always keep the original.

I have the DS-3025 and I have all the vaccinations, so we were just thinking aout sending this form in the packet, like others said. We decided though that if we have an RFE - cause as it was also said above, sometimes people get an RFE even if the vaccinations are complete - we're going to a civil surgeon. I'm just a little concerned whether a copy of DS-3025 will be enough for the civil surgeon in that case... I also have my vaccination records in Russian - I guess, I can translateit, if something happens.

Copy is fine. You are doing it right, Go with the Ds-3025 and go to a CS only if you need to. Call around and check out prices before you go to one, if needed.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.