rixx

what a day. sept 27 interview

7 posts in this topic

hi guys!!

i just wanna share to you guys my experience today. since you all know that we have tropical storm pedring in the philippines, my husband and i were waiting for any announcements from the embassy since last night if they'll be open or what. i waited for the announcement until dawn and the weather was getting worse.. but no postponement or whatsoever. so my husband and i decided to go for the interview. we're scheduled at 6am so we were there before 6. the rain was really scary and we can see from the embassy the strong waves from manila bay. at around 7am, all immigrant visa for interview that day were called to go inside. there, they told us that they can't accommodate us today and to just give them our mobile numbers plus email address. then they will be the ones to reschedule our interview!! :( they're not sure when they can reschedule it and to just wait for the call. i feel bad for those who stay in a hotel just for the interview because they don't know if they're going home to their province or what. then when we went just outside the building, the flood started to come in the embassy. it was knee deep when we were able to get out the embassy. it was really freaky cos the winds are so strong and the water current were like a tsunami. good thing we were able to go home...

the people there and i have the same sentiments, they should have given us chance for interview since we got stuck there but instead, they told us to leave cos they're going to close the embassy. :( with those strong winds and rain you just have to face the fear and pray to God that you get home safely. whew.

according to their tweet, the embassy will be close until tomorrow. so i really don't know when they can accommodate us.

well anyway, i guess i just have to wait for their call.

praying for everyone's safety!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow. Thanks for the update from the front lines. How unlucky you were but for the people in the hotels, some with only one day of money and the plane flights.. that would be so bad. I am sorry for such a bad day.

Timeline

they should have given us chance for interview since we got stuck there but instead, they told us to leave cos they're going to close the embassy. :( with those strong winds and rain you just have to face the fear and pray to God that you get home safely.

Just to think positively at it, it's better to miss an interview than to risk your life after that. US Embassy is next to Manila Bay so better safe while its still early than sorry.

Happy New Year!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow! well im sure they are doing what they can for your and their safety. hopefully you will get that call soon :star:

Jen

"Canadian in Georgia"

Timeline

hi guys!!

i just wanna share to you guys my experience today. since you all know that we have tropical storm pedring in the philippines, my husband and i were waiting for any announcements from the embassy since last night if they'll be open or what. i waited for the announcement until dawn and the weather was getting worse.. but no postponement or whatsoever. so my husband and i decided to go for the interview. we're scheduled at 6am so we were there before 6. the rain was really scary and we can see from the embassy the strong waves from manila bay. at around 7am, all immigrant visa for interview that day were called to go inside. there, they told us that they can't accommodate us today and to just give them our mobile numbers plus email address. then they will be the ones to reschedule our interview!! :( they're not sure when they can reschedule it and to just wait for the call. i feel bad for those who stay in a hotel just for the interview because they don't know if they're going home to their province or what. then when we went just outside the building, the flood started to come in the embassy. it was knee deep when we were able to get out the embassy. it was really freaky cos the winds are so strong and the water current were like a tsunami. good thing we were able to go home...

the people there and i have the same sentiments, they should have given us chance for interview since we got stuck there but instead, they told us to leave cos they're going to close the embassy. :( with those strong winds and rain you just have to face the fear and pray to God that you get home safely. whew.

according to their tweet, the embassy will be close until tomorrow. so i really don't know when they can accommodate us.

well anyway, i guess i just have to wait for their call.

praying for everyone's safety!

[/quote

It is good then at least the US Embassy thought of "safety first". Don't worry you will be notified ASAP by the embassy. Just take it easy and HOPE for the best to come ! God bless you !:)

Agree, safety first. Good luck, hope you'll hear something from embassy soon. Don't worry every thing will be alright. God is good all the time. :thumbs:

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

Timeline

Yes it was bad. Roxas Ave was underwater maybe 3.5 feet and its on the other side of the embassy from the bay. To make matters worse aside from the normal airline closures during a typhoon PAL striking ground workers performed a work stoppage yesterday, basically grounding the entire airline. Our hotel told us not to expect any flights to be available until Oct 1. What a mess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.