pavlos

K-1 Administrative processing based on illegal residency

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malta
Timeline

Hello good visajourney members. i have a question which i would like if you could all provide me with an insight on. I am currently in the process of acquiring a K-1 visa and my case is right now at the embassy. I have already had an interview with the consular officer and my case is in Administrative processing. Here are the facts of the case. I am a Ghanian citizen who lives in Malta. My immigration status in Malta is currently out of status by one year. Now, the consular officer refused to issue me with the visa because that i am out of status living in Malta. and so he said i am in AP until he knows what to do. and then he give me white AP letter. Mind you, i researched very well to find out if a valid residency in a foreign country is among the requirements for an immigrant visa into the US but it never stated that it was. My question is what could be the worst case scenario in this case. Could i be denied the immigrant visa on the fact that i am residing illegally in a foreign country? What could happen to my case now that it is already at the embassy. Thank you all

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

from what i undertand.. your k1 will get processed to your country embassy that you are a citizen.. so that would be ghana.. no? did you put you were citizen of Malta..?

it seems like it could raise flags, if you are in another country illegally and then trying to get visa to USA.. i don't know, maybe it is not that strange.. .. i am new here also.. :)

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malta
Timeline

from what i undertand.. your k1 will get processed to your country embassy that you are a citizen.. so that would be ghana.. no? did you put you were citizen of Malta..?

it seems like it could raise flags, if you are in another country illegally and then trying to get visa to USA.. i don't know, maybe it is not that strange.. .. i am new here also.. :)

No i never put i am Malta citizen. I am from Ghana. Does it mean that the USembassy in Malta will send the petition to the embassy in Ghana or will they send it back to the US or NVC? What possible decision can the Consular officer make now. thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No i never put i am Malta citizen. I am from Ghana. Does it mean that the USembassy in Malta will send the petition to the embassy in Ghana or will they send it back to the US or NVC? What possible decision can the Consular officer make now. thank you

Seems to be the country where you are currently a legal citizen is where the US Consulate would interview you for the K1 visa. That would not be Malta. You are in Malta, illegally, correct? Is there a reason why are you are not in Ghana? It would raise a red flag, unless, you have some documentation from the government stating your reasoning for being in Malta.

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-29

NOA2 Approved: 2011-10-01

NOA2 Paper Recv: 2011-10-03

NVC Recv: 2011-10-17

NVC to Embassy Sent: 2011-10-19

Embassy Recv Packet: 2011-10-21

Packet 3.5 Recv'ed: 2011-11-03

Packet 3.5 Sent: 2011-11-05

Interview Date: 2011-12-19

K1 Issued 2012-01-13

POE 2012 -03-14

Marriage 2012-03-19

SSN Received 2012-04-09

Filing AOS 2012-04-11

Biometrics Completed 2012-05-17

EAD Card Received 2012-07-02

Green Card Interview 2012-08-02

Card in Hand 2012-08-14

DONE WITH K1!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello good visajourney members. i have a question which i would like if you could all provide me with an insight on. I am currently in the process of acquiring a K-1 visa and my case is right now at the embassy. I have already had an interview with the consular officer and my case is in Administrative processing. Here are the facts of the case. I am a Ghanian citizen who lives in Malta. My immigration status in Malta is currently out of status by one year. Now, the consular officer refused to issue me with the visa because that i am out of status living in Malta. and so he said i am in AP until he knows what to do. and then he give me white AP letter. Mind you, i researched very well to find out if a valid residency in a foreign country is among the requirements for an immigrant visa into the US but it never stated that it was. My question is what could be the worst case scenario in this case. Could i be denied the immigrant visa on the fact that i am residing illegally in a foreign country? What could happen to my case now that it is already at the embassy. Thank you all

As to your question regarding what happens next... If the Consular denies your visa the package will be returned to NVC and forwarded to USCIS where the petition will most likely die upon its expiration date. The case file will not be sent the Ghana Embassy.

The Consular has the final decision regarding your petition and can deny for any reason he deems pertinant to the case. Being out of status in the country you are interviewing in does not bode well for you. The only thing you can do now is wait for the notification from the Embassy.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

And you think absence of evidence is evidence of absence? It isn't. Legal residency is required for THAT consulate to be the issuing location. I suspect that when all is said and done they are going to send your case to Ghana for visa issuance, hopefully before your petition approval expires. I could be wrong and maybe they will make an exception.

a K-1 visa is NOT an immigrant visa, it is a NON-immigrant visa. The visa itself does NOT allow immigration to the US, it allows a marriage and application for adjustment of status based on that marriage.

As to your question regarding what happens next... If the Consular denies your visa the package will be returned to NVC and forwarded to USCIS where the petition will most likely die upon its expiration date. The case file will not be sent the Ghana Embassy.

The Consular has the final decision regarding your petition and can deny for any reason he deems pertinant to the case. Being out of status in the country you are interviewing in does not bode well for you. The only thing you can do now is wait for the notification from the Embassy.

Yes, or this.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.