jenny89

Help I-864

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone !

My English isn't good . I'll try my best :) . My husband filled I-864 for co-sign but he forgot count the person who was co-signed in past . Now I don't know what I can do . I interviewed and got pink . Waiting for visa . When I backed home check it again , I found this mistake . I'm afraid this .

Thank you !

From the instructions on page 7 of the I-864:

"Item 21f - Enter the number of lawful permanent residents whom you are currently obligated to support based on your previous submission of Form I-864 as a petitioning, substitute, or joint sponsor, or of Form I-864EZ as a petitioning sponsor. Include only those persons who have already immigrated to the United States. Do not include anyone for whom your obligation to support has ended through the sponsored immigrant's acquisition of U.S. citizenship, death, abandonment of lawful permanent residence in the United States, acquisition of 40 quarters of earned or credited work in the United States, or obtaining a new grant of adjustment of status while in removal proceedings based on a new affidavit of support, if one is required."

So if any of the above 'bold' items applies to the previous person he listed in his co-signed in the past then you should be ok.

Since you've already being approved..wait to get your visa and if it comes up..try to explain it to Consulate.

Mistake like that happens..and that household size portion of the I-864 kinda confuses some people before...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone !

My English isn't good . I'll try my best :) . My husband filled I-864 for co-sign but he forgot count the person who was co-signed in past . Now I don't know what I can do . I interviewed and got pink . Waiting for visa . When I backed home check it again , I found this mistake . I'm afraid this .

Thank you !

Don't worry about it. Mistakes on the forms are only relevant if they give false information about a material fact. If he would still have had sufficient income to qualify as a sponsor even if the missing information had been provided then the missing fact isn't material, and therefore not relevant. Also, missing or erroneous information on the I-864 doesn't make it any less enforceable. The consulate is satisfied they've got a sufficient sponsor who signed an enforceable contract. The requirements of INA 213A have been met.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.