Girl from Celebes

My father doesn't put family name

10 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I'm on processing for Fiancee visa, start filling petition by my boyfriend. I have trouble about family name. Some people in my country (Indonesia) don't put family name on legal papers. I came only with single name, don't have middle name either. When I made passport, I use my birth certificate that only my father name,also single name, make it my family name on passport.

But I have trouble when they have asked for my father family name that he never carried on legal papers even he has had it. What should I put on my father's family name?. He was deceased so long time ago. Do I need to prepared my fathers legal papers? Thank you. I need the information as soon as fast.

Best wishes

confuse girl

Edited by jengpaseogirl

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Dear all,

I'm on processing for Fiancee visa, start filling petition by my boyfriend. I have trouble about family name. Some people in my country (Indonesia) don't put family name on legal papers. I came only with single name, don't have middle name either. When I made passport, I use my birth certificate that only my father name,also single name, make it my family name on passport.

But I have trouble when they have asked for my father family name that he never carried on legal papers even he has had it. What should I put on my father's family name?. He was deceased so long time ago. Do I need to prepared my fathers legal papers? Thank you. I need the information as soon as fast.

Best wishes

confuse girl

Are you the petitioner or beneficiary? The petitioner fills out 129f and if this is for the beneficiary part then you would just put the family name that is on your passport. You don't need anything from your deceased father papers.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

just put the name that you have on your legal paper such as birth certificate or passport..its okay just have one name or no family name..some advises from other people experience they put NONE on the middle name and family name..that also what you do on your dad's name column.. and just put N/A DECEASED on City/country column.. no need to give death certificate of your father..

If your father doesn't have a last name, and is just named, say "Joe," then just put that name. You might want to explain in a separate page that he does not have a last name, and perhaps additionally explain that he is Joe, son of X parents. There is no need to make up a last name if he never took one on. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Are you the petitioner or beneficiary? The petitioner fills out 129f and if this is for the beneficiary part then you would just put the family name that is on your passport. You don't need anything from your deceased father papers.

My boyfriend says, (he reads the rules), it is for biographic information. The biographic information attached to I-129F (he's the petitioner), one from me and one from my boyfriend that need to send to USCIS. Also 2 photographs passport need to send with the documents. The column that needs my father's family name on biographic information (g-325a).

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

just put the name that you have on your legal paper such as birth certificate or passport..its okay just have one name or no family name..some advises from other people experience they put NONE on the middle name and family name..that also what you do on your dad's name column.. and just put N/A DECEASED on City/country column.. no need to give death certificate of your father..

Hi,

Thank you for the information, I need the explanation to attached g-325a paper to I-129F. Did u have to fill g-325a file before? It says that my bf and I have to fill g-325a (biographic information) to attached to I-129F and 2 passport photographs size before send it to USCIS.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

If your father doesn't have a last name, and is just named, say "Joe," then just put that name. You might want to explain in a separate page that he does not have a last name, and perhaps additionally explain that he is Joe, son of X parents. There is no need to make up a last name if he never took one on. Good luck.

Thank you,

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh OK it's the 325 you are doing then yes you just put the one name that you have and maybe on a separate piece of paper explaining the situation.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Hi,

Thank you for the information, I need the explanation to attached g-325a paper to I-129F. Did u have to fill g-325a file before? It says that my bf and I have to fill g-325a (biographic information) to attached to I-129F and 2 passport photographs size before send it to USCIS.

yes i we all are did the same thing with G-325a..and thats what i did,,exactly what you said..both of you fill G-325a..with photograps too..

yes i we all are did the same thing with G-325a..and thats what i did,,exactly what you said..both of you fill G-325a..with photograps too..

thank you for the explanation. I am really appreciated it..

Oh OK it's the 325 you are doing then yes you just put the one name that you have and maybe on a separate piece of paper explaining the situation.

Thank you so much for the info..

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.