Oksana & Max

Proof of ongoing relationship for K-1 Interview.

63 posts in this topic

I have a question about proof of ongoing relationship for K-1 interview.

Here is what I have

1. Google chats

2. Skype logs

3. Calling Cards - I am using calling cards to call my fiancee, and talk to her at least twice a day. Unfortunately calling cards don't track the number you call as there is no billing nothing. Is just reciepts will suffice? Or what should I do?

Any other suggestions please.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is what I have

1. Google chats

2. Skype logs

3. Calling Cards - I am using calling cards to call my fiancee, and talk to her at least twice a day. Unfortunately calling cards don't track the number you call as there is no billing nothing. Is just reciepts will suffice? Or what should I do?

#3 is meaningless without the log...

try uniontelecard.com... good rates and call logging

YMMV

#3 is meaningless without the log...

try uniontelecard.com... good rates and call logging

They might do call logging, but rates are the worth I have ever seen. Charging for connection and maintenance seriously in 21st century??? Don't think I would go for it.

Hopefully someone else can provide a better information.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Timeline

They might do call logging, but rates are the worth I have ever seen. Charging for connection and maintenance seriously in 21st century??? Don't think I would go for it.

Hopefully someone else can provide a better information.

they have clean cards, what fab rate are you paying?

BTW, thanks for the slam...

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

they have clean cards, what fab rate are you paying?

I am paying 7.9c p/m with no connection fee / maintenance fee / and rounding to one minute.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I am paying 7.9c p/m with no connection fee / maintenance fee / and rounding to one minute.

do you want logging or not? don't need to use it every day but use it often enough to show a pattern ... clean card @.10 p/m

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you seem to have enough but you can also do:

*Snapshots on video calls

*text messages

Ricky & Ria

USPI.png

Service Center :California Service Center

I-129F Sent :2011-03-26

I-129F NOA1 :2011-04-01

I-129F NOA2 :2011-06-21 (81 days from NOA1 date)

NVC Received : 2011-07-25

Interview: 2011-08-22 APPROVED

Un4Tp8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Here is what I have

1. Google chats

2. Skype logs

That's it? No photos, no receipts from the meeting? No letters or cards sent? No receipts from a gift sent?

No emails?

You need to tell the story of your relationship; what you send them should make it obvious to the consular officer.

It is suggested to generate different types of evidence just to be sure you have enough.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Here is what I have

1. Google chats

2. Skype logs

I had the same problem with the calling cards. I actually almost got dnied becauseI coun't show real eveidence of an on going relaionship due to the fact that is they only way we used to contact eachother. Though I did not have any chat logs nor skype logs. But to get calling card logs go to the calling card website explain you immigration dilemma. I had sent a very professional yet heartfelt email and sure enough with in the same day they sent the calling logs. But a week later I showed up on the emabassy's door step with the chat logs in hand we were approved at the end of the day. (They had sent me an email asking for more proof) I had previously sent bank records to show I was purchasing them and also the emailed receipts from the calling card company. Though we had not seen eachother for quite some time. A bit epensive to go to see eachother (trying not to be in debt before we get marrie) But I had also sent in photos of us together and this was not enough proof for them. I had also included hotel receipts and airline stubs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here are some better examples:

EMAILS

PICTURES W/ DATE STAMP

TRY CALLING FROM YOU CELLPHONE IF YOU CAN, HIGHLIGHT THE PHONE NUMBER YOU CALL FOR THE PHONE CARD AND STAPLE A COUPLE PHONE CARDS TO THE LOG THAT YOUR PHONE COMPANY PROVIDES

LETTERS

TRAVEL RECEIPTS

Be creative, basically what you guys do day to day, try to show this in the form of hard proof. If not you will regret it when you get a RFE or denied =/

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

That's it? No photos, no receipts from the meeting? No letters or cards sent? No receipts from a gift sent?

No emails?

You need to tell the story of your relationship; what you send them should make it obvious to the consular officer.

It is suggested to generate different types of evidence just to be sure you have enough.

Let me clarify it.

I do have emails, pictures and iteneraries when we met, as well as CC statements for Car Rental and everything else. Which this is what I sent to the USCIS, I will bring it in as well, I am talking about the evidence from the time I applied for the I-129F till the interview.

However my pictures don't have date stamps, they were taking on the camera that doesn't do that, so what should I do???

event.png

event.png

Here are some better examples:

EMAILS

PICTURES W/ DATE STAMP

TRY CALLING FROM YOU CELLPHONE IF YOU CAN, HIGHLIGHT THE PHONE NUMBER YOU CALL FOR THE PHONE CARD AND STAPLE A COUPLE PHONE CARDS TO THE LOG THAT YOUR PHONE COMPANY PROVIDES

LETTERS

TRAVEL RECEIPTS

Be creative, basically what you guys do day to day, try to show this in the form of hard proof. If not you will regret it when you get a RFE or denied =/

What we do day to day is talk on the phone since we are far away from each other.

I don't have picture w/ date stamp, as not every camera gives this option.

Calling from the cellphone is to expensive as it is like $3.00 a minute, I think it is a little bit ridicoulus paying a money like that.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is what I have

1. Google chats

2. Skype logs

Ever heard of Magicjack? You can call anybody in the US and Canada for as long as you want and just pay a very cheap yearly rate. You can get a screenshot there. It shows the date, time and length of conversation

If you're talking though chat, Skype, make sure it shows the call logs.

I do not use Skype but if you are taking the screenshot of your conversation, make sure it shows the date.

Email- sort it according to the sender. Make a screenshot too.

Snail mail- of course the one with a stamp.

Airline Ticket and boarding pass-photocopy

Stamped part of the passport of the petitioner-

Chat- try to get a screenshot of your web conversation that has a yahoo news on the side where it shows a date.

Credit card statement of the petitioner (if you can)

Happy New Year!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Here is what I have

1. Google chats

2. Skype logs

why dont you use skype to make all your call. you can get a skype to go number which will allow you to make calls from your cell/land phone at skype rates. you can get your call logs when you use skype to go number. you can also use an application that can get you all your call logs from skype. i think skype is cheaper and more convenient.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Let me clarify it.

I do have emails, pictures and iteneraries when we met, as well as CC statements for Car Rental and everything else. Which this is what I sent to the USCIS, I will bring it in as well, I am talking about the evidence from the time I applied for the I-129F till the interview.

However my pictures don't have date stamps, they were taking on the camera that doesn't do that, so what should I do???

Write on the back of the pictures; names of ones in picture and date taken.

I gave each picture a number(with a white pen I think), then added a seperate sheet of paper with date, location(if remembered) and names of the ones in picture along with each number for the pictures without printed dates. I didn't add a ton of pictures, just 6 or 7. You can also just print them on standard paper and add text under the pictures so you'll have 2 pictures on each paper.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.