maxxell

k-1 ongoing relationship help

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

hi guys thanks for the answers got another question am about to start my K-1 soon this week but been collecting details as with the proof of current ongoing relationship whats most important to include and up to how far back i should provide the info. As for me we do alot on facebook communication and yahoo chats so should i include all that and what about the phone and texts how far back and how many is adequate without it being too much coz i have tones of phone records and texts .Guys please i would appreciate your help thanks good people.

hi guys thanks for the answers got another question am about to start my K-1 soon this week but been collecting details as with the proof of current ongoing relationship whats most important to include and up to how far back i should provide the info. As for me we do alot on facebook communication and yahoo chats so should i include all that and what about the phone and texts how far back and how many is adequate without it being too much coz i have tones of phone records and texts .Guys please i would appreciate your help thanks good people.

In our K-1 packet I didn't provide proof of our ongoing relationship. All I provided was my boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel and ATM receipts from my visit.

However, many people think that a petition should include this information and best advice to keep the petition "light" so to speak would be to include bits and pieces basically. Chat logs, phone records, etc. from the beginning of your relationship, maybe a quarter of the way through, half way, three quarters, and something recent. Just gap it out a little, that way they see the contact over an extended period, but not in great detail. As far as email and facebook, you could just show an inbox printout, that is what we did for the interview.

Ultimatly though, you have to include in your petition what YOU wish. You are paying them money, you should include what you like. If it helps you sleep better at night knowing you sent them 50 pages of proof, then do it. It's your petition, do it your way, just making sure to include exactly what the have asked for and everything else is extra to make you feel better.

Best of luck to you! :thumbs:

Edited by I+H

12-27-2010: I-129F arrived at USCIS sent packet on 12/23

12-29-2010: Notice date on NOA1

12-31-2010: Check cleared

01-02-2011: NOA1 received via SMS & E-Mail

01-06-2011: NOA1 hardcopy received via USPS[/color]

2-17-2011:Touched

04/12/2011:NOA2!!!!!

4-18-11: Received by NVC

4-20-11: Left NVC

4-24-11: Received by the consulate in Abu Dhabi

4-27-11:Received both packet 3 & 4 via e-mail from Abu Dhabi

7-25-11:Interview date-Administrative Processing

8-3-11:Administrative Processing ended - APPROVED!!!!!! :D

8-25-11:POE-SFO

9-10-11:Married!!!

9-26-11:Sent AOS Packet

10-6-11:Received NOA1s via text and E-mail

10-9-11:NOA1 hardcopies received, along with biometrics appointment letter

10-25-11:Biometrics Appointment

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

In our K-1 packet I didn't provide proof of our ongoing relationship. All I provided was my boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel and ATM receipts from my visit.

I'll second that : ) All of it is proof of having met/been in the same country at the same time which is what USCIS is asking right now. Pictures of the 2 of you are secondary evidence. Chat logs and call logs are not proof og having met.

Depending on the country you're from I'd say chatlogs and other stuff doesn't show proof of having met but it will establish a timeline. I'd wait up with ongoing relationship until you get to the embassy stage, and if you get a chance to at that time, back your story up with either chatlogs, call logs or pictures ("how did you meet" is a common question).

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Pictures of the 2 of you are secondary evidence.

Good eye! I forgot about pictures. :innocent: Pictures are good :thumbs:

12-27-2010: I-129F arrived at USCIS sent packet on 12/23

12-29-2010: Notice date on NOA1

12-31-2010: Check cleared

01-02-2011: NOA1 received via SMS & E-Mail

01-06-2011: NOA1 hardcopy received via USPS[/color]

2-17-2011:Touched

04/12/2011:NOA2!!!!!

4-18-11: Received by NVC

4-20-11: Left NVC

4-24-11: Received by the consulate in Abu Dhabi

4-27-11:Received both packet 3 & 4 via e-mail from Abu Dhabi

7-25-11:Interview date-Administrative Processing

8-3-11:Administrative Processing ended - APPROVED!!!!!! :D

8-25-11:POE-SFO

9-10-11:Married!!!

9-26-11:Sent AOS Packet

10-6-11:Received NOA1s via text and E-mail

10-9-11:NOA1 hardcopies received, along with biometrics appointment letter

10-25-11:Biometrics Appointment

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi!!!

You can submit boarding passes, passport stamps, pictures, hotel and ATM receipts, all the things that may proves that you've met in person and a genuine relationship. In our case we choose a period of time (June-september 2011) and we sent everything we could find during that period. About the pics, we put the date and place, to the back of every photo submited.

Good luck!!!

Henry & Andrea

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

i really appreciate soo much guys am startin the process and you guys are perfect examples and Good to you all too thanks

[quote name='I+H' timestamp='1316572595' post='491

However, many people think that a petition should include this information and best advice to keep the petition "light" so to speak would be to include bits and pieces basically. Chat logs, phone records, etc. from the beginning of your relationship, maybe a quarter of the way through, half way, three quarters, and something recent. Just gap it out a little, that way they see the contact over an extended period, but not in great detail. As far as email and facebook, you could just show an inbox printout, that is what we did for the interview.

Ultimatly though, you have to include in your petition what YOU wish. You are paying them money, you should include what you like. If it helps you sleep better at night knowing you sent them 50 pages of proof, then do it. It's your petition, do it your way, just making sure to include exactly what the have asked for and everything else is extra to make you feel better.

Best of luck to you! :thumbs:

thanks guys really appreciate will do my homework with that and keep updates over here too thanks alot appreciated and Good luck to you all too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.