kristinanddan09

I-134 questions about form

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I know I'm a little bit ahead of myself, but I think that I can fill out what I can, and get answers when I can so I know when the time comes.

Under question 7 in type of business, I'm a pharmacy technician, is this what I would put there? I wasn't sure if it should be Pharmacy or Pharmacy technician.

And when it asks you for an annual income, is this going to be on my tax forms? And do we put on there what we have in a checking account? I also do have stocks, do I have to list every single one I have? I have a guy that does ours for us. I get a statement every few months, but i'm not sure if that is what I'm going to need or not.

And if his interview is in 2012, does that mean the poverty guidelines are going to change? Would the amount that is currently $18,387 have to equal my annual income? I read that if you don't have enough you can use money you have in things like stocks, and make sure you have the difference between what you earn and the amount of the poverty level enough for 5 years?

What is cash surrendered?

Sorry, I just want to make sure I get all the money info correct. And thanks !

K-1 Visa Timeline

9/8/2011 - Mailed off I-129F
9/13/2011 - NOA1
1/30/2012 - Approved!
2/14/2012 - Daniels Medical Appt
3/22/2012 - Interview Day - Approved!!! <3

AOS/EAD Timeline

06/07/2012 - Arrived via USPS
06/12/2012 - Received text for NOA
07/19/2012 - Biometrics
09/12/2012 - Interview Date
09/12/2012 - Approved for Green Card! See ya in 2 years !!!

I-751

08/21/2014 - Mailed

09/16/2014 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Question 7 states you are "employed as or engaged in the business of". Since you're an employee you would describe your position - pharmacy technician.

For annual income you can put either your annualized gross income based on your current pay (e.g., multiply your gross paycheck by the number of paychecks you receive in a year), or you can put the total income from your most recent tax return. Total income is line 22 of the 1040.

If you qualify on income alone then you don't need to list bank account balances, stock values, life insurance, real estate, or any other personal property. If you do list any of that stuff then you must include proof that you own it and proof of it's value. For this reasons it's a major pain in the backside to list any assets, so don't list them if your income alone is sufficient.

The poverty guidelines may or may not change. It depends on what happens to the Consumer Price Index. The poverty guidelines that will apply are the ones that are current when your affidavit of support is reviewed by the consular officer. If your income is below 125% of the poverty guidelines for your household size (including the immigrant) then you can usually get a joint sponsor who is qualified for their own household size (including the immigrant) to submit an affidavit of support along with yours. Some consulates rarely accept joint sponsors with the I-134, but most will. You could also try to qualify on your own by supplementing your income with assets (as described above).

Assets count for 1/3 the value of income if the sponsored immigrant is your spouse, which includes a K1 beneficiary. This means if your income is short by $2000 then you'll need at least $6000 in assets to make up the shortage. Assets count for 1/5 the value of income in every other case (for a joint sponsor, for example). The difference, as far as I can tell, is based on how long before the immigrant will be eligible to become a US citizen.

"Cash surrendered" applies to life insurance policies that can be cashed out before you die. This applies mostly to whole life plans as opposed to term life plans. Most term life plans have no cash surrender value.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

thank you very much, I appreciate your help

K-1 Visa Timeline

9/8/2011 - Mailed off I-129F
9/13/2011 - NOA1
1/30/2012 - Approved!
2/14/2012 - Daniels Medical Appt
3/22/2012 - Interview Day - Approved!!! <3

AOS/EAD Timeline

06/07/2012 - Arrived via USPS
06/12/2012 - Received text for NOA
07/19/2012 - Biometrics
09/12/2012 - Interview Date
09/12/2012 - Approved for Green Card! See ya in 2 years !!!

I-751

08/21/2014 - Mailed

09/16/2014 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.