dchris

I-864 & DS-230 Packages

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Everywhere I've read that the Petitioner and Agent will receive I-864 & DS-230 "packages" after the IV bill is paid. It's in the "NVC Process Flowchart".

Today I called the NVC asking where our packages are and was informed that no package will be sent. We're supposed to just download the forms. There is no "package".

Is this accurate? Has anyone else had the same experience?

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Canada has Electronic Processing... Go to this Wiki as your process will be different that what you have read... http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

And you might want to search for all the posts from Saylin! She has this process down to a science and can probably help you out a lot!

02/06/2011 ~ MARRIED IN REPUBLIC OF GEORGIA

03/31/2011 ~ FILED I-130 & G325A (SENT TO CHICAGO LOCKBOX VIA UPS)

04/09/2011 ~ RECEIVED NOA1 IN MAIL :-)

07/11/2011 ~ APPROVED WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

07/29/2011 ~ NVC RECEIVED CASE

08/22/2011 ~ RECEIVED NVC CASE# AND IIN

08/24/2011 ~ EMAILED DS-3032 SENT VIA HUBBYS EMAIL ACCOUNT

08/25/2011 ~ RECEIVED 3 EMAILS FROM NVC

08/25/2011 ~ PAID AOS FEE $88.00

08/26/2011 ~ AOS FEE SHOWS "PAID" - RECEIPT PRINTED AND READY TO MAIL

08/30/2011 ~ AOS PACKAGE SENT FEDEX OVERNIGHT

09/01/2011 ~ IV BILL INVOICED AND PAID

09/06/2011 ~ AOS PACKAGE APPROVED

09/09/2011 ~ IV PACKAGE SENT TO NVC VIA FEDEX OVERNIGHT

09/15/2011 ~ CASE CLOSED

INTERVIEW DATE ~ 11/30/2011 - APPROVED

12/04/2011 ~ ENTERED USA THROUGH JFK AIRPORT

STILL WAITING FOR GREEN CARD......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Everywhere I've read that the Petitioner and Agent will receive I-864 & DS-230 "packages" after the IV bill is paid. It's in the "NVC Process Flowchart".

Today I called the NVC asking where our packages are and was informed that no package will be sent. We're supposed to just download the forms. There is no "package".

Thanks.

Nr 1 rule in this whole process: Never ever wait for the NVC to send you anything or to call you or to contact you. Be proactive! Download the forms, read the VJ guides and you'll be just fine! Good luck.

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Austria

Marriage: 2010-11-19

I-130 Sent : 2010-12-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-01-05

I-130 NOA2 : 2011-05-09

Received NVC Case Number on 5/21,

Sent DS-3032 and paid AOS bill on 5/21,

Paid IV Bill on 5/25

Sent both packages on 6/1

Packages arrived 6/6

SIF & CC 6/20

Medical 7/25

Interview 8/9

Received visa 8/16

Flight to the US 10/4 (POE = IAD)

Thanks.

Like others have said, don't wait for NVC to send you forms. I never received any forms to fill out.

And as a Canadian, you do NOT fill out the DS-230. You're required to fill out the DS-260.

Please read the wiki I wrote that's linked in my signature. It talks about the NVC process for Canadians in relation to electronic processing and online forms.

If you have any questions after reading the wiki, I'd be glad to help!

Timeline

Montreal is the only consulate which does spousal visas, so it's not a question of IF, but WHEN the beneficiary travels to Montreal. You still have to do the DS-260, no matter where in Canada you live.

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

Thanks for the information.

I was amazed because in the instructions for I-864 it even says that the form will me mailed. My link

Oh well, got it figured out now.

Well, there's just the default I-864. There's not a special I-864 for only those doing EP. That's why you have to be informed :)

Montreal is the only consulate which does spousal visas, so it's not a question of IF, but WHEN the beneficiary travels to Montreal. You still have to do the DS-260, no matter where in Canada you live.

good.gif

For IR-1/CR-1 applicants, the only consulate in Canada that does interviews is Montreal, exactly like CanadaLove said. It's only K-1 visa applicants that have two consulates (Vancouver and Montreal), and it depends where they live.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So are you saying that all Canadian spouses are forced to fly to Montreal for their interview? That seems hard to believe because it would be a significant hardship for many families, but oh well.

So are you saying that all Canadian spouses are forced to fly to Montreal for their interview? That seems hard to believe because it would be a significant hardship for many families, but oh well.

Yup, exactly. So, for those living all the way in the west in BC, have to fly to Montreal for their interview. Even if they live right next to the Vancouver consulate. Montreal is the only consulate in Canada that handles spousal visas, so...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Same is true for all countries. Each country has just one US Consulate which processes immigration visas. In China all cases are processed in Guangzhou.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.