Jose Garcia

Saying hi and asking questions…

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello everybody… first time writing here…

First of all, I wanted to say thank you to everybody who has help to put together what VJ is…a great site with a lot of good people, information, guides and a great board to post questions.

I have a couple of questions, but will provide some background first…

• We filed for K-1 in early August 2011

• Received NOA-1 around Aug, 09

• Beneficiary is from Venezuela

• Case being processed by the VSC

Maybe more background info will be needed for the following questions… don’t know, but here are our questions:

Because of an already needed trip of my fiancée to Caracas by mid November (she needs to take care of some things over there), we wanted to be proactive and get as much paperwork done as possible (police background checks and medical exams if possible) and about that is the question… can she get the medical exams be done even before the NOA-2 has been received?

She’ll be in Caracas from mid November until just before Christmas. We would really like to have received the NOA-2 at a time that allows her to get the interview done while she’s there but we understand that she might have to go back for that because of the time that is taking applications going through VSC

Now, I already emailed with the US embassy in Caracas and they told me that documents are valid if being issued within a year of the interview date. So, from that point of view, everything looks good…

The many questions (all related to the same situation) are:

• In the medical forms (DS-2053/3024/3025/3026), is there info needed (case number, etc) that is only available after NOA-2 and/or NVC have processed the case?

• Do the doctors in Venezuela send the info directly to the embassy or is it given to the beneficiary to take with them for the interview?

• About the forms, I already have an appointment for her with one of the doctors in the pool for Caracas and the doc said she will need… among other things, hardcopies of the forms (indicated above), but all I can find in the net are “outdated” forms (all of them indicate expiration date 09/30/2010). Are these the latest and greatest?

We’re just trying to be proactive but be sure that we’re not getting ahead of ourselves at the same time… thanks again and sorry for the long post…

Cheers…

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It could take 5-6 months to process the NOA2.

Thats just the first part of processing.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.