nica_chica3

EXPEDITE WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I received an email last night saying my case had been updated. So I check and I see this message:

Post Decision Activity

On September 14, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

I can't believe it!!! God is sooo good!! I almost cry every time I think about it!!!! So Exciting! I wasn't expecting it so fast so I'm not even ready for the NVC, but I'm starting today!!!! Can any other expediters tell me approximately how long it took for their case to get to the NVC? Will it still take the excruciating month to get sent & processed into their system (that seems to be the growing trend) or will it possibly be faster???

Also, do I send the exact same expedite evidence I sent to USCIS to NVC when requesting the expedite??

USCIS **40 Days**

8/1/11 - I-130 Mailed (USPS Priority)

8/5/11 - NOA1 via text/email

8/15/11 - Requested Expedite

9/2/11 - Sent in Expedite Evidence

9/14/11 - I-130 Approved (Online Status)

9/17/11 - NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC **45 Days**

10/1/11 - NVC Case # Assigned

10/4/11 - Paid I-864 Bill

10/6/11 - Paid IV Bill

10/31/11 - Sent I-864 & IV Packets (USPS Express)

11/7/11 - Received False RFE Email (Requesting IV Packet)

11/8/11 - Case Completed

11/14/11 - Interview Date Assigned (for 12/28/11)

11/15/11 - Case Forwarded on to Managua

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The expedite does not transfer, you have to request it at NVC and at the US embassy.

They can choose to keep expediting it or not. It is completely up to them.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

The expedite does not transfer, you have to request it at NVC and at the US embassy.

They can choose to keep expediting it or not. It is completely up to them.

I knew the expedite does not transfer. My question was do I send the same exact thing I sent to USCIS to NVC in hopes of getting the expedite.

USCIS **40 Days**

NVC **45 Days**

10/6/11 - Paid IV Bill

11/8/11 - Case Completed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Yes you will have to re-request the expedite at NVC. Depending on your reasons for expediting you may or may not want to request it at the NVC level. I expedited mine at the USCIS level and once it was approved it sat FOREVER at CSC before being sent to NVC. Then NVC took a month to input it. Once it was input into the system we have flied through it in like 2 weeks! So I did not do a NVC expedite request. Not sure that it would have done anything to speed it up as it was already super fast. Plus you cant request the expedite until it is in NVC's system.

My recommendation is to get in touch with your foreign spouse and have them start gathering all of the documents. Get an extra certified copy of everything made too in case something gets lost in the process. Have them fill out a DS-230 and sign it. Send that and all of the documents to you (the USC and/or agent) and you will save yourself time later! That is my version of an expedite at NVC! I personally wouldn't even bother expediting at NVC.

02/06/2011 ~ MARRIED IN REPUBLIC OF GEORGIA

03/31/2011 ~ FILED I-130 & G325A (SENT TO CHICAGO LOCKBOX VIA UPS)

04/09/2011 ~ RECEIVED NOA1 IN MAIL :-)

07/11/2011 ~ APPROVED WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

07/29/2011 ~ NVC RECEIVED CASE

08/22/2011 ~ RECEIVED NVC CASE# AND IIN

08/24/2011 ~ EMAILED DS-3032 SENT VIA HUBBYS EMAIL ACCOUNT

08/25/2011 ~ RECEIVED 3 EMAILS FROM NVC

08/25/2011 ~ PAID AOS FEE $88.00

08/26/2011 ~ AOS FEE SHOWS "PAID" - RECEIPT PRINTED AND READY TO MAIL

08/30/2011 ~ AOS PACKAGE SENT FEDEX OVERNIGHT

09/01/2011 ~ IV BILL INVOICED AND PAID

09/06/2011 ~ AOS PACKAGE APPROVED

09/09/2011 ~ IV PACKAGE SENT TO NVC VIA FEDEX OVERNIGHT

09/15/2011 ~ CASE CLOSED

INTERVIEW DATE ~ 11/30/2011 - APPROVED

12/04/2011 ~ ENTERED USA THROUGH JFK AIRPORT

STILL WAITING FOR GREEN CARD......

I knew the expedite does not transfer. My question was do I send the same exact thing I sent to USCIS to NVC in hopes of getting the expedite.

after we receive our case no. after almost a month from our noa2. we request for expedite,but then they tell us that we should send all the doc's needed before they will decide for our expedite..but as soon as we got our case no. everything seems so fast well it will be fast if you already complete in all doc's needed in nvc.and also we just gave the same thing we gave to uscis for expedite..so hoping as soon as you get your case no. you already complete in all doc's needed for nvc..:) once nvc approve your expedite you should keep calling embassy too and tell them your case have been expedite in uscs and nvc and you should get interview soon..god bless to your journey..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats on your approval!!! Wish you good luck for the rest of the journey. If you can please let me know what is the procedure for requesting expedite I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Timeline

Congrats on your approval!!! Wish you good luck for the rest of the journey. If you can please let me know what is the procedure for requesting expedite I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Thanks!!

I actually sent my expedite request in with my I-130 packet. Then I called to check the status after a week or so and apparently they didn't pay attention to the request. So the lady I spoke with on the phone took the request down by phone so I had to explain my situation to her (mine was on the grounds of Financial Hardship). A little later that same day I received an email from USCIS requesting a letter from my doctor stating my diagnosis and prognosis. It took two weeks for my doctor to finally do the letter, but I faxed my letters and evidence to the attention of the Officer they told me in the email. I never heard anything back, so I called a week later to verify they had received the fax, but they told me I had to wait 15 days and then call back for the status. Well, I couldn't just wait around, so I found an email address online for the actual CSC and so I emailed them just asking for verification that they received the fax. I got a response from that email about 3-4 days later saying they did receive it and had pulled my case for further review. Then, the next day (yesterday) I received a text saying my case had been updated. So I check online & it said they have approved my I-130!!

Not sure if you actually want the details of my specific expedite, but I don't mind to give them. I think it helps others see if their situation is favorable for an expedite.

I requested it on terms of financial hardship. I have outstanding medical bills from having back problems that total around $1100. And I'm pregnant, so I have prenatal bills coming in (although I did not send any in) and I actually have a condition called placenta previa with my pregnancy that could lead to bedrest if it doesn't correct itself. And also because I'm pregnant, once I have the baby I will have 3 months off from work where I don't get paid. So the evidence I sent in was a letter from my doctor stating my back problem and the medical bills from that, a letter from my ob-gyn stating that I was indeed pregnant and how much their office charges for prenatal care and she mentioned the condition I have, then I printed an article from American Pregnancy that explained the condition, and I also sent in a letter from my employer stating the medical leave policy we have at work (it's without pay) along with the page from our employee manual. I sent all of that along with the email they sent me requesting evidence.

Best of luck if you try for the expedite! I am still in shock (in a good way) that it was approved!! In my opinion, it's worth a shot!!!

USCIS **40 Days**

NVC **45 Days**

10/6/11 - Paid IV Bill

11/8/11 - Case Completed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks!!

I actually sent my expedite request in with my I-130 packet. Then I called to check the status after a week or so and apparently they didn't pay attention to the request. So the lady I spoke with on the phone took the request down by phone so I had to explain my situation to her (mine was on the grounds of Financial Hardship). A little later that same day I received an email from USCIS requesting a letter from my doctor stating my diagnosis and prognosis. It took two weeks for my doctor to finally do the letter, but I faxed my letters and evidence to the attention of the Officer they told me in the email. I never heard anything back, so I called a week later to verify they had received the fax, but they told me I had to wait 15 days and then call back for the status. Well, I couldn't just wait around, so I found an email address online for the actual CSC and so I emailed them just asking for verification that they received the fax. I got a response from that email about 3-4 days later saying they did receive it and had pulled my case for further review. Then, the next day (yesterday) I received a text saying my case had been updated. So I check online & it said they have approved my I-130!!

Not sure if you actually want the details of my specific expedite, but I don't mind to give them. I think it helps others see if their situation is favorable for an expedite.

I requested it on terms of financial hardship. I have outstanding medical bills from having back problems that total around $1100. And I'm pregnant, so I have prenatal bills coming in (although I did not send any in) and I actually have a condition called placenta previa with my pregnancy that could lead to bedrest if it doesn't correct itself. And also because I'm pregnant, once I have the baby I will have 3 months off from work where I don't get paid. So the evidence I sent in was a letter from my doctor stating my back problem and the medical bills from that, a letter from my ob-gyn stating that I was indeed pregnant and how much their office charges for prenatal care and she mentioned the condition I have, then I printed an article from American Pregnancy that explained the condition, and I also sent in a letter from my employer stating the medical leave policy we have at work (it's without pay) along with the page from our employee manual. I sent all of that along with the email they sent me requesting evidence.

Best of luck if you try for the expedite! I am still in shock (in a good way) that it was approved!! In my opinion, it's worth a shot!!!

Thank you so much for the reply. God bless you and May you dont get any problems in your pregnancy and be soon with your husband.

I will try to get expedite on Humanitarian basis- my husband lives in Karachi, Pakistan where there is a high rate of target killings. It is very dangerous to live there and I am very frightened for my husband's life. The proof I can provide are the news articles that describes the situation and also I have travel warning from Dept of State website.

I will give it a try, I dont know if I will get expedite approved but I will give it a shot anyways. Hopefully I will get approved INSHALLAH.

Thanks

I can't believe it!!! God is sooo good!! I almost cry every time I think about it!!!! So Exciting! I wasn't expecting it so fast so I'm not even ready for the NVC, but I'm starting today!!!! Can any other expediters tell me approximately how long it took for their case to get to the NVC? Will it still take the excruciating month to get sent & processed into their system (that seems to be the growing trend) or will it possibly be faster???

Also, do I send the exact same expedite evidence I sent to USCIS to NVC when requesting the expedite??

Great! I just did this! You need to call NVC at (603) 334-0700, when the recording starts, press 1, then 5 to be directed to an operator. Check to see if they have received your file from USCIS, if they have your file, then mention that you have request to expedite due to ...humanitarian reasons?! Then, hopefully they would say to email the Supervisor “name” at nvcinquiry@state.gov. Of course you have to tweak your letter a little bit as this is a different department now. From USCIS to NVC around 12 business days give or take!? So, just relax for now, take care and God bless!

09/06/07: Went to the Philippines to marry my fiancee.

11/29/07: Wedding Day!

11/30/10: Going back to US, to get my wife!

05-06/11: Sent & Received Congressman's letter & advice.

06/23/11: Found and joined... VisaJourney.com!

06/27/11: Filing “Form I-130 IR-1” and Expediting it with Humanitarian cover letter.

07/08/11: Mailed I-130 to P.O. Box 804525, Attn. EXPEDITE I-130 SPOUSE, Chicago, IL.

07/18/11: Received Hardcopy Form I-797C or NOA1 in mail, receipt date 7/13/11 and priority date 7/12/11.

08/08/11: Called USCIS 800 number to check on status.

08/23/11: Request for Expedite Approved. Received NOA2 dated 08/23/11.

09/09/11: Called NVC they got my file from USCIS.

09/13/11: Received NVC Case# & IIN# (via email) & emailed DS-3032 from PI to NVC.

09/14/11: AOS Fee Paid Online (status PAID on 9/15 also at this time IV Fee Bill Generated)

09/16/11: IV Fee Bill Paid Online (status PAID on 9/19 and printed Barcoded Coversheets)

09/20/11: Express mail both the I-864s AOS and IV DS-230 (arrived 9/21 NVC)

09/27/11: Case completed file shipped to USEManila; arrived 10/3

10/13/11: Medical passed/completed today but still NO interview date yet?

10/16/11: Called USEManila file ready! Called Appt. Services set up Interview Date for 11/9/11.

11/09/11: Interview. But had to comply with 221g, re-verification forms CENOMAR/NBI.

12/02/11: Visa approved but delivered 12/7/11.

12/12/11: POE – Detroit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks!!

I told you it will work!

Filed: Timeline

Yes you can expedite your case at NVC and Embassy stage but their approving it is solely on their discretion, you have to follow the instruction on VJ and get your NVC case number and generate and pay for your AOS then you have to fill for expedite...just the way you did at the USCIS, if they approve it...because their approving it mean that the embassy where your relative is to be interviewed have already approved it, so NVC and the embassy discusses the expedition and if you are eligible, NVC will inform you about that...and forward it immediately to the embassy...who will then give you an appointment based on the expedition. On my case...getting my NVC and going to the embassy takes like 2 months. They may ask you to pay the visa fee at the embassy.

Congrats on the expedite!

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.