NoneYa

Beneficiary Quiting her Job - any impact

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

To be honest.. they can keep it if they are that much of a low life to do that. :angry:

It gives the family something to do while they are waiting for their first remittance from the US. My wife never got her final settlement, and every time the family asks for more money than what the wife has already sent them, I tell her to remind them that they can go get that money anytime they feel up to it. :lol:

Edited by Crusty Old Perv

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Ultimately once she moves to the US she will have no job for many months. I don't think anybody will care at the interview.

Edited by newlyweds2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd get her to just say "Look, I am unavailable those days, you'd better find somebody to cover because I can not, and will not be here". Employers can be jerks sometimes, especially in customer service jobs, and you've got to be firm. Tell them you're taking those days off, don't ask. Don't call in sick, don't quit. She'll want her money to save for her trip until she has a work permit, and like others have said, just in case something goes wrong or gets delayed. Burned bridges are difficult to repair.

Her next job will be Domestic Goddess. (L)

:lol::lol:

01/27/2011 - Trevor's N400 submitted
02/18/2011 - Married
04/02/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received - priority date 03/30/2011
07/08/2011 - Trevor is now a USC - called USCIS to request upgrade of the petition.
08/02/2011 - NOA2
09/08/2011 - LND case number received, medical booked
09/26/2011 - Case complete at NVC
09/30/2011 - Interview date assigned
11/08/2011 - Interview - approved!!
11/10/2011 - Visa in hand
12/04/2011 - POE in Atlanta
12/12/2011 - SSN number received in mail
12/12/2011 - Welcome notice received
01/06/2012 - Green card received
09/06/2013 - File for Removal of Conditions
10/01/2013 - Biometrics for ROC
02/03/2014 - Card production email received

02/17/2014 - 2nd card production email received

02/28/2014 - 10 year Green card received

Make sure she has a family member collect her final pay. Employers in the Philippines are notorious about not giving things like separation pay and 13th month pay to emigrating employees.

I don't know what information u got for you to come up with such bad impression about employers here in my country but I disagree with you..13th month pay and back pays are given just that it takes time.. one has to go through the process to collect monies. No matter how low life is in here,.employees are still protected with labor laws.

I had my interview yesterday at manila embassy and I am on a sick leave for more than a month now LOL..It was not asked during my interview..although the pre-screener was conversational about my earning, I guess she read I work in a call center as sales agent and filipino knows that is a high paying job here but NO did't ask my work status whatsoever. It is not practical to quit job until visa is on hand unless of course you are willing to support her financially all through out even should visa got denied.. :) :) :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My finacee in the Philippines will have trouble getting time off for the medical/interview.

I told her if it comes down to it, she must quit her job. I also told her a steady job looks better for us. My question is, is there any impact if the beneficiary is unemployed, maybe there is but I have told her that she can tell the interviewer that she had to quit because she can't get time off.

No should'nt matter. There income doesnt count for anything anyway when it comes to approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know what information u got for you to come up with such bad impression about employers here in my country but I disagree with you..13th month pay and back pays are given just that it takes time.. one has to go through the process to collect monies. No matter how low life is in here,.employees are still protected with labor laws.

I had my interview yesterday at manila embassy and I am on a sick leave for more than a month now LOL..It was not asked during my interview..although the pre-screener was conversational about my earning, I guess she read I work in a call center as sales agent and filipino knows that is a high paying job here but NO did't ask my work status whatsoever. It is not practical to quit job until visa is on hand unless of course you are willing to support her financially all through out even should visa got denied.. :) :) :)

I am willing to support her remotely in her country for years to come into the future if need be. We both have a committment to each other. I do what I say I will do. She is THE ONE for me. This is my soulmate that I have been looking for. No doubts. :thumbs:

Edited by DaleFlorida

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My finacee in the Philippines will have trouble getting time off for the medical/interview.

I told her if it comes down to it, she must quit her job. I also told her a steady job looks better for us. My question is, is there any impact if the beneficiary is unemployed, maybe there is but I have told her that she can tell the interviewer that she had to quit because she can't get time off.

NO..it doesn't matter even if she didn't work her entire life, it still does not matter!

She is migrating to US b'coz of ONLY one reason, she wants to marry and stay with you!

Everything else is irrelevant!

Timeline

I'd get her to just say "Look, I am unavailable those days, you'd better find somebody to cover because I can not, and will not be here". Employers can be jerks sometimes, especially in customer service jobs, and you've got to be firm. Tell them you're taking those days off, don't ask. Don't call in sick, don't quit. She'll want her money to save for her trip until she has a work permit, and like others have said, just in case something goes wrong or gets delayed. Burned bridges are difficult to repair.

Thank you. I think this is the one I will advise her to use. There will be 500 people waiting in line for her job but they will not be her. If they are so short sighted that they will deny her a few days off and let her go, then she doesn't need to be supporting their bottom line either. I don't like calling in sick. That is not truthful. :innocent: I think putting this in writing and delivering it to her supervisor will allow them to make the decision.

Supporting her will not be a big burden on me. She will be busy as soon as the NO2 gets here and I want to visit her again. Sometimes work just gets in the way of life, doesn't it ?

I don't know what information u got for you to come up with such bad impression about employers here in my country

I married a Filipina and she has lots of Filipina friends.

but I disagree with you..13th month pay and back pays are given just that it takes time.. one has to go through the process to collect monies. No matter how low life is in here,.employees are still protected with labor laws.

Why should employees have to go through an extraordinary process to get monies they are entitled to? Wouldn't an honest employer pay their employees promptly upon separation? :unsure:

Timeline

hiya guys,

there are two things to ask you,which is more important her job or going to get a vis???and yes there are many kinds of excuses to make so she can attend the medical and interview,think about the one that will work,she stil need to have a good relationship with boses because once she approve for visa she would have to have a letter from employer stating that she has a good moral and good character while at work"some kind of letter that need to show at departure that she is done working in philippines and no more obligations and dept something like that...

so anyways,if she convince her bosses that she is sick in that way she can attend the medical/interview but she has to show medical to the bosses that she was really sick(some medical clinic(doctor can arrange that)no worries,

tell her to prepare her stuff for medical during her spare time,and stuff for interview that way she can answer those forms correctly,hmmmmm good luck buddy

Timeline

hiya guys,

there are two things to ask you,which is more important her job or going to get a vis???and yes there are many kinds of excuses to make so she can attend the medical and interview,think about the one that will work,she stil need to have a good relationship with boses because once she approve for visa she would have to have a letter from employer stating that she has a good moral and good character while at work"some kind of letter that need to show at departure that she is done working in philippines and no more obligations and dept something like that...

so anyways,if she convince her bosses that she is sick in that way she can attend the medical/interview but she has to show medical to the bosses that she was really sick(some medical clinic(doctor can arrange that)no worries,

tell her to prepare her stuff for medical during her spare time,and stuff for interview that way she can answer those forms correctly,hmmmmm good luck buddy

This is news to me about the letter ? I would like more information on that if anybody else knows anything about a letter from the employer?

This is news to me about the letter ? I would like more information on that if anybody else knows anything about a letter from the employer?

No such thing is required. But there is the CFO sticker...

hiya guys,

:blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, I've NEVER heard about an employer needing to give a letter to the beneficiary of the Visa, after the fact. That's the petitioner's job.

And the visa is definitely more important than the job. Work comes and goes. Can't say the same about somebody you want to spend your life with.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.