so_lucky

Our Timeline

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Everybody! I've been lurking here for over a year now and finally i'm here to ask for your opinions/ideas/suggestions, please. Below is our timeline to give you a full background of our story. Please take time to read. Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

mid-2000: We met in NC, classmates in a university

Oct. 2000: started dating (exclusive)

Apr. 2001 : She left for home country

Apr 2001: started Long Distance Relationship (LDR) for few months

end of 2001: got sick alone few times, she decided to end the relationship coz she thought i needed somebody to take care of me and she

couldn't go back to US anytime soon, encouraged me to find somebody else

October 2002: I fell in love with another girl and got married until early 2006

Mar 2006 : marriage failed, moved out of our home and ready to start the divorce process

July 2006: Started talking to ex-girlfriend again, chatting daily, talking on the phone, etc. like before

Dec 2006: Divorce was finalized, single again with no kids

Apr 2007: came to her country, met the entire family (in person) for the first time (talked to all of them many times 5 years ago)

Apr 2007 - February 2011 : on LDR (again, like we used to)

Mar 2011: met in Dubai (we were both tourists) and I proposed and she said "yes"

Now, i wanted to start the K1 process and hoping to get together again for good as soon as possible but fiancee is worried that USCIS will find it "inappropriate" for us to date when i was still married (started dating in july 2006, few months after i separated with ex-wife and started divorce proceedings but officially got divorced in dec 2006).

Do you think visa will be denied due to "inappropriate relationship" such as mentioned above? What are our chances?

We know all the requirements and we're both confident that we have more than enough of what the USCIS requires. I make more than what's required in the poverty guideline, we both have good-paying, stable jobs, chat logs, plane tickets, boarding passes, pictures with both families and friends, emails, snail mails, cards, phone records, bank statement, employment certificate. we got tons of emails, pics, chat logs, cards n letters for the past 11 years we have known each other.

The only thing that worries her is that thing mentioned above. other than that, we're more than ok. She wants us to settle somewhere else but I would really like it if we can stay in the US as my job is there and everything else that we need.

She never over-stayed in both her US trips, never committed a crime, healthy and also a licensed professional.

Please help me convince her that we have a BIG CHANCE of getting the visa.

Thanks everyone for reading!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Seriously, there is no problem. A lot of people are in all kinds of situations.

You guys had a relationship before and kept in touch and reconnected after all of that time... it seriously doesn't make a difference, as long as you can prove your relationship (which you can!), don't stress. Go ahead and file as quickly as possible. This whole process takes way more time than any of us can handle..lol.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!!!

A

April 21st, 2011 - Civil union in the US

July 30th, 2011 - Wedding Ceremony in Paris with friends and family

-----Visa Journey-----

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: France

I-130 Sent: 2011-05-13

I-130 NOA1: 2011-05-18

I-130 NOA2: 2011-09-01

Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC received case: 2011-09-12

Case # assigned : 2011-09-28

AOS Bill invoiced and Paid : 2011-09-30

DS-3032 Accepted: 2011-09-30

AOS Bill PAID: 2011-10-03

IV Bill invoiced and paid: 2011-10-03

AOS package sent: 2011-10-04

IV Bill PAID: 2011-10-05

IV Package sent: 2011-10-05

AOS Package Delivered : 2011-10-05

IV Package Delivered : 2011-10-06

AOS bill "PAID": 2011-10-07

I-864 reviewed NO RFEs: 2011-10-11

RFE "Birth Certificate not original or certified copy"...um... it is though: 2011-10-13

Birth Certificate to be under review by supervisor...waiting.....: 2011-10-13

IV bill "PAID": 2011-10-14

CASE COMPLETE!!!!! : 2011-10-19

Interview Date Assigned: 2011-11-02

Case sent out to Embassy: 2011-11-03

U.S. EMBASSY PARIS:

Medical: 2011-11-22 PASSED

Interview Date: 2011-12-21 APPROVED!!!!!!!

POE : 2011-12-31

SS card: 2012-1-10

Thanks a lot! I will ask her to log in and read your post coz if i just tell her she might not believe me. :D

Seriously, there is no problem. A lot of people are in all kinds of situations.

You guys had a relationship before and kept in touch and reconnected after all of that time... it seriously doesn't make a difference, as long as you can prove your relationship (which you can!), don't stress. Go ahead and file as quickly as possible. This whole process takes way more time than any of us can handle..lol.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!!!

A

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello Everybody! I've been lurking here for over a year now and finally i'm here to ask for your opinions/ideas/suggestions, please. Below is our timeline to give you a full background of our story. Please take time to read. Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

mid-2000: We met in NC, classmates in a university

Oct. 2000: started dating (exclusive)

Apr. 2001 : She left for home country

Apr 2001: started Long Distance Relationship (LDR) for few months

end of 2001: got sick alone few times, she decided to end the relationship coz she thought i needed somebody to take care of me and she

couldn't go back to US anytime soon, encouraged me to find somebody else

October 2002: I fell in love with another girl and got married until early 2006

Mar 2006 : marriage failed, moved out of our home and ready to start the divorce process

July 2006: Started talking to ex-girlfriend again, chatting daily, talking on the phone, etc. like before

Dec 2006: Divorce was finalized, single again with no kids

Apr 2007: came to her country, met the entire family (in person) for the first time (talked to all of them many times 5 years ago)

Apr 2007 - February 2011 : on LDR (again, like we used to)

Mar 2011: met in Dubai (we were both tourists) and I proposed and she said "yes"

Now, i wanted to start the K1 process and hoping to get together again for good as soon as possible but fiancee is worried that USCIS will find it "inappropriate" for us to date when i was still married (started dating in july 2006, few months after i separated with ex-wife and started divorce proceedings but officially got divorced in dec 2006).

Do you think visa will be denied due to "inappropriate relationship" such as mentioned above? What are our chances?

We know all the requirements and we're both confident that we have more than enough of what the USCIS requires. I make more than what's required in the poverty guideline, we both have good-paying, stable jobs, chat logs, plane tickets, boarding passes, pictures with both families and friends, emails, snail mails, cards, phone records, bank statement, employment certificate. we got tons of emails, pics, chat logs, cards n letters for the past 11 years we have known each other.

The only thing that worries her is that thing mentioned above. other than that, we're more than ok. She wants us to settle somewhere else but I would really like it if we can stay in the US as my job is there and everything else that we need.

She never over-stayed in both her US trips, never committed a crime, healthy and also a licensed professional.

Please help me convince her that we have a BIG CHANCE of getting the visa.

Thanks everyone for reading!

compared to some other situations i've seen you have absolutly nothing to worry about. You Are solid my friend =)

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

• 2 weeks later...

hello VJ friends,

I am back and would like to inform you that we have officially submitted our K1 petition yesterday. Thanks to all of you who helped me convince her...

We both can't wait to start our lives together... after 11 long years...

Thank you again for your help. We do appreciate them. God bless us all!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I personally think it's good to address the concerns and that your fiance paid attention to it so you may overcome it before filing or not being surprised by those things. Having that said, I wish you a hopefully speedy journey : )

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.