Patch97777

I-134 Affidavit of Support

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm filling for the K-1 Fiancée Visa and currently I don't meet the financial requirements for the I-134 Affidavit of Support since I'm a college student. Could I have a relative fill out this form and sign it for me, they're willing to provide this support?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm filling for the K-1 Fiancée Visa and currently I don't meet the financial requirements for the I-134 Affidavit of Support since I'm a college student. Could I have a relative fill out this form and sign it for me, they're willing to provide this support?

You must fill out your own I-134 as you are the primary sponsor. If you have not worked or filed taxes, write an explanation statement about why you did not have to legally file taxes for 2010. Your co-sponsor will fill out their own I-134, and provide supporting documents (2010 tax transcript or tax returns with all schedules, W-2s and 1099s, employer letter stating position and salary, and a few of their most recent pay stubs), plus proof of being a US citizen or permanent resident. They must be making at least 125% of the poverty level to cover their household size + the beneficiary.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No.. Its actually 100% poverty line for i-134 and 125% poverty line for i-864 when adjusting status...

I have to disagree with this since the Petitioner is in school and not military. It will be 125% of the poverty line and not 100%. Members confuse what is needed and what they think . Say Jay is correct. Just me!

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

No.. Its actually 100% poverty line for i-134 and 125% poverty line for i-864 when adjusting status...

No, actually a lot of consulates follow the guidelines for the I-864 and expect the sponsor to have at least 125% of the poverty level, since this is what they will need to have anyway once they arrive in the US, marry and file for AOS.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

You must fill out your own I-134 as you are the primary sponsor. If you have not worked or filed taxes, write an explanation statement about why you did not have to legally file taxes for 2010. Your co-sponsor will fill out their own I-134, and provide supporting documents (2010 tax transcript or tax returns with all schedules, W-2s and 1099s, employer letter stating position and salary, and a few of their most recent pay stubs), plus proof of being a US citizen or permanent resident. They must be making at least 125% of the poverty level to cover their household size + the beneficiary.

How do I find out the poverty level? Is it federal or state poverty level?

Timeline

How do I find out the poverty level? Is it federal or state poverty level?

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

You don't say which Embassy you are going through. Not all Embassies accept cosponsors. For example, the U.S. Embassy Manila accepts cosponsors only on a case-by-case basis.

• 1 month later...

You don't say which Embassy you are going through. Not all Embassies accept cosponsors. For example, the U.S. Embassy Manila accepts cosponsors only on a case-by-case basis.

It's the Romanian Embassy in Bucharest, if my relative is single would the poverty line be 18,387 a year?

Edited by Patch97777

Timeline

It's the Romanian Embassy in Bucharest, if my relative is single would the poverty line be 18,387 a year?

If your co-sponsor is single and has no other dependents, then yes. They only need to have $18,387 which is for 2 people, himself and the immigrant.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

One last question, when I file the I-134 with a co-sponsor, do I have to send in my banking information as well or having my co-sponsor send in their banking information suffices?

No banking information needed unless you're trying to declare bank assets. You only need you and your cosponsor's Income Tax Returns (as well as W2s, Schedule C if self employed), preferably for up to 3 years (so 2008, 2009, and 2010).

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What do you mean "Filing for the K-1" A petition? I-129f? You do not need the affidavit for that, you need it for the interview in a few months. If, at that time you need a co-sponsor a relative can co-sponsor which means you BOTH fill one of these out. Provided the consulate allows co-sponsors. Check the consulate website or the regional forums here.

It is not an issue for the petition

One last question, when I file the I-134 with a co-sponsor, do I have to send in my banking information as well or having my co-sponsor send in their banking information suffices?

You BOTH do an affidavit and you BOTH attach whatever evidence to the I-134 you need to prove your fiancee will not become a public charge. ALL documentation is optional. The more you attach the better

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.