Nagishkaw

Update on the denial

163 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Has anyone considered that the denial was the result of the evidence submitted or lack of evidence submitted to prove the hardship?

I thought it was clear the reason was because they hadn't met. I think she was the one to even say it.

i have to agree with everyone here. The hardship cases are CLEARLY almost impossible...which you'd know if you did you research. As someone else has said...if Fiona and Andrew, two copmletely wheelchair bound amazing people could do it...I mean I know it's not always easy...but It's not impossible.

The thing is, research would have shown Jabree that...before she set her hopes on getting them to approve the hardship thing..I mean, honestly.

This is just me, but I couldn't marry someone i'd never even MET once...but I don't want to start a different argument here.

Also - Prayer and nicey nice posts are great...but they won't get her petition approved...ya know? Reality is severely underrated

Edited by CarolineM

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
There's a LOAD of factors to take into consideration in these relationship - in fact now that I'm on the 'other side of the fence' it's my opinion that getting the visa itself is the least of these. There's a whole lot of life left over after the 'visa journey' is over.

:yes: I'd dare to venture that at least in our particular case, the stress and obsticles have been greater in the year that we've actually been living together here in the US than it was during the visa process.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
the stress and obsticles have been greater in the year that we've actually been living together here in the US than it was during the visa process.

Very true! I mean the first year of marriage is hard! It's adjusting...it's AWESOME and wonderful but it's not all perfect!!

Edited by CarolineM

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

This thread doesn't help anyone- not Jabree, not anyone in the process, and certainly not anyone about to submit a petition.

Exactly the point made earlier--why start it if no information is going to be supplied that will be of help to anyone.

I kind of disagree. If you veer from the topic just a bit you get into the very valuable (I think) point of discussing just what the essence of these relationships entail. Something I think everybody should consider before they ask someone to give up their family and their homeland to move to America.

This thread doesn't help anyone- not Jabree, not anyone in the process, and certainly not anyone about to submit a petition.

Exactly the point made earlier--why start it if no information is going to be supplied that will be of help to anyone.

I kind of disagree. If you veer from the topic just a bit you get into the very valuable (I think) point of discussing just what the essence of these relationships entail. Something I think everybody should consider before they ask someone to give up their family and their homeland to move to America.

Good point.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Has anyone considered that the denial was the result of the evidence submitted or lack of evidence submitted to prove the hardship?

I thought it was clear the reason was because they hadn't met. I think she was the one to even say it.

I think the denial was because they had not met, but Jabree and her fiance also did not understand the waiver process to receive the exemption from this requirement. Thus they were not denied the waiver.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Other Timeline

I think the denial was because they had not met, but Jabree and her fiance also did not understand the waiver process to receive the exemption from this requirement. Thus they were not denied the waiver.

So, now that it's a bit more clear, perhaps they should realize that their chances of being granted the waiver are slim and none.

And thus focus their efforts on meeting face to face.

Not only to meet DOS requirements, but also to decide if being together is REALLY what is best for their lives.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Timeline

So, now that it's a bit more clear, perhaps they should realize that their chances of being granted the waiver are slim and none.

And thus focus their efforts on meeting face to face.

Not only to meet DOS requirements, but also to decide if being together is REALLY what is best for their lives.

ITA. They may meet and find that there are no feelings after all. I personally think it borders on insane to marry someone you've never met. (I know people from certain cultures do it, but we don't! I never would.)

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

I have understood the reason that hardship is so hard to prove is because if you cannot meet in person to fulfill the 2-year prior requirement, how do you plan on being reunited once the visa is issued?

If both parties have medical conditions that prevent them from traveling to meet, than presumably those same conditions would prevent them from reuniting.

If you cannot find the money now, how do you find it then?

And while it is very difficult for ME/NA males to get tourist visas, it is *not* impossible. It does require strong ties to your home country. If you don't have those ties, I don't think the USCIS considers it their problem.

And while it is very difficult for ME/NA males to get tourist visas, it is *not* impossible. It does require strong ties to your home country. If you don't have those ties, I don't think the USCIS considers it their problem.

Actually, if you look through the appeal denials, you'll see that they do look at whether the non USC had applied for and was denied visas for the US as well as nearby countries that would allow for a meeting. It can make a difference if it can also be shown that the USC absolutely cannot travel the distance to any location that the non USC could travel to. It can be a rather long and expensive road for the non USC to apply for and be denied visas to all possibilities.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

11/09/2005 Medical

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/17/2005 Wedding

02/09/2006 NOA

07/24/2006 GC arrived

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

Actually, if you look through the appeal denials, you'll see that they do look at whether the non USC had applied for and was denied visas for the US as well as nearby countries that would allow for a meeting. It can make a difference if it can also be shown that the USC absolutely cannot travel the distance to any location that the non USC could travel to. It can be a rather long and expensive road for the non USC to apply for and be denied visas to all possibilities.

I should have said the tourist visas to the U.S. From what I know, they want to see that third countries have been considered/attempted. Some of the nearby countries while difficult are not as stringent as the United States in giving out tourist visas.

Timeline

Yes. Could she not have gotten to canada without flying and had him come see her???

I mean...maybe it's just me

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Yes. Could she not have gotten to canada without flying and had him come see her???

I mean...maybe it's just me

We don't know if it's a flying problem

We don't know if it's a cultural/religous problem

We don't know if its's a medical problem

We don't know

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

11/09/2005 Medical

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/17/2005 Wedding

02/09/2006 NOA

07/24/2006 GC arrived

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.