scitrek1

Question for Spouse's interview (VENEZUELA Embassy)

4 posts in this topic

:help: If anyone has the answer pleae let me know. I was wondering if they allow the spouse to enter into the interview (even if I was to say nothing) or will my wife have to do it alone. Is it better to join the spouse during the interview. Her interview will be in CARACAS VENEZUELA and I just want to know if I could be there with her when she interviews. Also, If I was there will they interview me as well? Any information you have would be appreciated

Thanks.

We have been approved and have the I797 notification... awaiting for something from NVC. Then we start the next phase. WOO HOOO!! :yes::thumbs:

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

My understanding is you can go to the Embassy with the spouse, but you cant actually be 'in' the interview. Out of curiosity how long ago did you initially file? I too married a woman from Caracas (in July), and we submitted our I-130 last month =). Its really difficult because the plane tickets to Caracas have gotten out of control from the US! I checked for going this month and some of them were like $2500 =(.

08-27-2011 - I-130 package received by the Chicago Lockbox

08-30-2011 - Received electronic NOA

02-24-2012 - NOA2

03-06-2012 - Received first notification of NOA2 (in mail, website not updated and no txt/email)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Unless things have changed, you will be able to go through the entire process with your fiancee. Yes, you can participate in the interview. Ask questions when you get to the embassy. Do not stand in the long lines, those people are looking for non-immigrant visas. (I know, a K1 is non-immigrant, but it is for immigration. Government speak!) Make sure you have all of your paperwork and duplicates and know where everything is in the folders you take. Be positive. Enjoy Caracas.

Found this on the Caracas Embassy site under preparing for the interview: "The Petitioner is welcome to appear for the applicant’s personal interview, although it is not required unless specifically requested by a consular officer."

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.