B&Q

VISA APPROVED interview questions and info

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

As far as questions asked during the interview I think it has a lot to do with the interviewer and the information provided. She said she had a very nice young woman so that is half the battle. Since I also applied for her son there were 2 interview. I managed to open a joint bank account, worked at the same job for the last few years and filed a W-7 with a joint tax return. For the W-7 you must submit the original notarized copy of her complete passport and pray they don't loose it :wacko: (have her send both notarized copies, you usually get 2) Email W-7 and page for signatures on the 1040, let her sign and email back. That worked. I also provided a notarized letter from her son's father stating he agreed to allow him to immigrate which is required anyway and should be included in initial application or with NVC. She said she interviewed in Chinese without that being a problem. Her interview was short. She said 5 minutes but it was probably less. The questions she remembered:

How did we meet?

When did we marry?

Where does he live?

Maybe 1 or 2 other nonconsequential ones.I believe they have usually decided before the interview (at least for the married person, but that is my guess).

The questions asked of my son (15 y/o):

How old are you (him)?

Did I meet him?

Does he love me? (bad question but I guess I would have children say yes)

What is his favorite subject?

She did say she saw some others that took 10 to 15 minutes for the interview but of course no one knows the circumstances for that.

Hope that was a help.

Bruce and Qi

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for the input especially with the child part.

How did you meet? and Where did you meet? are two of the MOST popular questions I have seen.

Congrats!!!

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

Timeline

I looked at your time line. From the time you paid the IV fee at NVC, to NVC case complete, there was a time gap of three months. Why was there such a long delay? When did you email out the DS-230 package?

Timeline

I looked at your time line. From the time you paid the IV fee at NVC, to NVC case complete, there was a time gap of three months. Why was there such a long delay? When did you email out the DS-230 package?

I went back from April 2nd to April 14th for a honeymoon trip. Called myself taking a break from all the paper. Had to make calls to get GZO #'s. It was funny 1 day after OPTIN I got a case number for the child and was waiting for my wife's. Kept getting told I had to wait 20 days. Finally got someone to look up the case and she just gave me my wife's GZO #. Fee processing only took a minute. The I handed in everything without waiting for them including the P-3. Started getting true and false RFE's. Told to wait the 20 days. Beware of false RFE's. True one's will have an attachment. I inverted my son's and wife's birth year. His 1996 hers 1969. Then they claimed they did not have paper work. Not knowing I kept emailing :bonk:. Finally I just kept calling and asking for the supervisor and pretended to be crying :lol: She broke down and got with the supervisor putting the files together and said she would call me back (yeah right). Low and behold she did :wow: , told me to give her a few days to clear it up and next thing I know I got an email saying my son's case was completed and a day or two later my wife's. GOD BLESS THIS LADY :innocent: It was July 19th at that point. Case in point keep calling back after you speak to a "government worker". You will get results.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.