198four

Visa refused - Blue form with 221g given - Update

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife went for the interview today at the Pakistani embassy and her visa was denied because they said that some tax documents are missing. I am really confused now because I provided them with everything they asked for. They kept her passport and asked her to provide them with the documents. My question is...what happens now ? how long will it take after i submit the documents again? Would this mean that I have to reapply?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hopefully, they were specific as to what tax forms they needed. I would provide them again even if you already provided them. If they kept her passport this should be relatively simple to overcome.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hopefully, they were specific as to what tax forms they needed. I would provide them again even if you already provided them. If they kept her passport this should be relatively simple to overcome.

HI ,

first of all dont panic .. 221g is not not denying of visa .. it temporarily you are ineligible to receive the visa .. as you have got the blue form and they have asked you to submit documents then there is nothing to worry about .. just submit documents and hopefully she will get the visa .

thanks

Edited by t and k

HI ,

first of all dont panic .. 221g is not not denying of visa .. it temporarily you are ineligible to receive the visa .. as you have got the blue form and they have asked you to submit documents then there is nothing to worry about .. just submit documents and hopefully she will get the visa .

thanks

Thanks for the reply guys...if she submits the forms, will she get the visa right away? and will they interview her again?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks for the reply guys...if she submits the forms, will she get the visa right away? and will they interview her again?

Assuming her interview was successful then they will issue her the visa as soon as they receive the missing documents.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

to me your case looks like all they need from you is the tax transcripts .. n they need that to be sure that the beneficiary will not become a criminal for money in the usa .. and it looks like they are satisfied with your relationship and have no doubts on that ... so i think as soon as you will submit the tax papers within a week or two you will have the visa in hand .. and no there is no need of a second interview here .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

When she submits the documents dont' count on her getting the visa at that moment. They will have to review them and then issue the visa.

It definitely isnt a denial its just a wait until we get this other document

She wont' need another interview but it could be a week or so before they issue the visa once the docs are submitted

Did they request she submit the docs thru the courier?

Islamabad has a tendencey to ask for documents that they already have or maybe they misplaced them... we also had to submit a doc but we were asked to have a letter clarifying my household size... HUH??? we had it the i864 and lots of other info and docs that were sbmitted but they wanted a clear statement... so thats what we did....

You will be fine just do what they ask and maybe within a week or two after she will receive her visa!!! INSHALLAH

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

My wife went for an interview and received this from the embassy. I am still not clear if the visa has been denied and if the process will start over? Can you guys tell me how long it'll take? Sorry i already started a thread about this but i wanted you guys to take a look at it again because im attacking the paper they gave her.....if i submit these documents they requested, do you guys know how long it takes after that?

post-105304-0-26170200-1315576415_thumb.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you want to continue submit the requested documents, probably about a month. Don't know what was requested.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My wife went for an interview and received this from the embassy. I am still not clear if the visa has been denied and if the process will start over? Can you guys tell me how long it'll take? Sorry i already started a thread about this but i wanted you guys to take a look at it again because im attacking the paper they gave her.....if i submit these documents they requested, do you guys know how long it takes after that?

It looks to me like you need to provide the documentation they requested so that they can review your case again. I think that you will need a new sponsor as the income appears to be insufficient. I don't think your case has been denied since they are asking you to stay in touch with them. Unfortunately, I don't know how long the review process will take, but I would get them that required documentation right away. Good luck!

event.png

It looks to me like you need to provide the documentation they requested so that they can review your case again. I think that you will need a new sponsor as the income appears to be insufficient. I don't think your case has been denied since they are asking you to stay in touch with them. Unfortunately, I don't know how long the review process will take, but I would get them that required documentation right away. Good luck!

No it says the income is "sufficient" not "insufficient" just says the joint sponsors documentation is insufficient.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Just need to get the signature of the spouse and the requested documents, or proof that the financials are only from the person who is the co-sponsor. Shouldn't be a big deal, but there is no hard and fast rule on how long it takes the consulate to re-adjudicate the case. Could be a couple weeks, could be several months. Each consulate is different.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Since they have the passport I would recommend for her to submit it via courier service. Its a good thing that I checked your thread because I will be going through the same thing where my father will be co-sponsoring me but he filed jointly with my mother. Many have said here that its not necessary to provide documentation from the person that filed jointly with your main sponsor but based on your thread it seems that things have changed. I wonder if they will be needing the supporting documentation such as the joint sponsor (sponsor`s spouse) tax transcripts and W2s.

Edited by Erik And Anum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.