Filipe

Infopass for stamp?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello there.

I am in the middle of the I-751 process, i went for finger prints two weeks ago.

My passport and driver license will expire in October and i will be left with no valid identification I.D.

I have the 1 year extension letter but i don't have my GC, reason that i will not post here, USCIS is inform of the situation.

Should i make a info pass to get a stamp in my passport so i can renew my driver license? I am taking care of my passport but it will take awhile till i get it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Now I'm not sure of every state but getting a new license requires a lot but to renew isn't the license itself enough? I don't remember ever having to provide another form of ID to renew. Of course the extension letter is necessary but I would call your license agency first

USA NATURALIZATION CITIZEN :-------------------------------------------------------
08-13-2014 - N-400 mailed priority Phoenix lockbox
08-1x-2014 - N-400 package accepted

08-20-2014 - Check cashed

09-xx-2014 - NOA bio-metrics appointment

09-18-2014 - Bio-metrics appointment Columbus office

09-22-2014 - NOA letter scheduled interview 10-30-2014

10-30-2014 - Naturalization interview and test Columbus Ohio office.

Application changed to five year as mark reached while waiting for interview

Passed civic test and interview recommends approval !!!

10-30-2014 - NOA hand letter stating recommendation for approval and wait for letter of approval and oath
11-13-2014 - Case Status updated "We scheduled your oath ceremony"

11-14-2014 - NOA letter final interview and oath Tuesday 11-25-2014

11-25-2014 - Final red tape and oath ceremony Columbus, Ohio Officially a US Citizen!!!

- Applied US Passport at local post office

08-2016 - Received 10 year Q2 visa to visit China as a US citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Now I'm not sure of every state but getting a new license requires a lot but to renew isn't the license itself enough? I don't remember ever having to provide another form of ID to renew. Of course the extension letter is necessary but I would call your license agency first

Here in New Jersey the same amount of information is required to renew as to get a new licence. I just renewed mine this week and had no issues with my expired green card and the extension letter (along with the other ID they required :) )

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: Timeline

Here in NJ you need the 6 points thing. I have all of them except for the GC. I will make a info pass to get the stamp if it's ok with them, otherwise i will be left with no I.D till i get my new GC or my passport.

The funny thing is all of my photo I.Ds expire next month.

My concern is that i think that i will be called for an interview because i am doing this with a waiver. Another interesting point is that my relation went bad right on the 90 days period. So i need to renew my driver's license ASAP because i might need it for the interview.

Should get the RFE soon for my divorce decree.

Thanks to every one!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oops - sorry, just re-read that you don't have your green card anymore. It looks like the I-551 stamp is your only alternative now unless you can find your green card. You may run into some problem with USCIS as well if you haven't filed to replace the card officially - not just filing to remove conditions. It will be up to the officer with whom you speak on your Infopass appointment.

Re: all of your photo ID expiring next month . . . it looks like they may all be tied in to your official immigration status date - which also expires next month. The receipt letter is valid for all work and travel purposes but it is supposed to be used in conjunction with the expired/expiring green card.

Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.