SuperDuper!

Crossing the street in Vietnam

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Whats the Average Lifespan for a Pedestrian.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

.......................and some people desire to move back and live in that society................................yawning...................................good luck and wish ya the best trying not to be killed in traffic and no one cares (literally since in that society it's much cheaper to kill an injured person than keeping that person alive)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

crossed far busier in VN and that guy in the vid is a noob.... if he had a real set he would have actually walked rather than slithered. pedestrians are far safer that the folks on motorbikes.. I have only seen a few peds hit, but alot of peoplegetting hit on motorbikes.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

yea that street is nothing...key is to just keep going and don't stop while making eye contact with the drivers.

one thing I always wonder when I see white or black people in hcm...why? There aremuch better places to travel or sightsee. Why would you want to be stuck in vietnam? They must really love adventures.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

yea that street is nothing...key is to just keep going and don't stop while making eye contact with the drivers.

one thing I always wonder when I see white or black people in hcm...why? There aremuch better places to travel or sightsee. Why would you want to be stuck in vietnam? They must really love adventures.

Wow!!!! :blink:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

we have alot of caucasian members here so i knew some might take the statement the wrong way...but yes most of them look miserable to me and not having any fun walking about in the harsh weather. unless you're a vietnam war buff, have family ties, or some business to be there...i don't see the reason to visit that hellhole (spoken with fondest term of endearment). it's always super muggy hot, super dirty, noisy, unsafe, people looking to rip you off everywhere etc.

i wouldn't be caught dead in iraq or afghanistan...and that's about the equivalent of vietnam to white folks imo in term of culture shock and comfort.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

we have alot of caucasian members here so i knew some might take the statement the wrong way...but yes most of them look miserable to me and not having any fun walking about in the harsh weather. unless you're a vietnam war buff, have family ties, or some business to be there...i don't see the reason to visit that hellhole (spoken with fondest term of endearment). it's always super muggy hot, super dirty, noisy, unsafe, people looking to rip you off everywhere etc.

i wouldn't be caught dead in iraq or afghanistan...and that's about the equivalent of vietnam to white folks imo in term of culture shock and comfort.

I love you guys and always respect your individual perpectives about VN but come on..you guys ran off of a simple crossing-the-street video to ridicule your "mother land" like that is very very sad...if there is nothing positive to say then don't..respect the differences and always love your own kinds :P

Timeline

Nobody has fun in harsh weather, but visiting Vietnam IS an adventure for a white bread American. It's completely and radically different from the US, so much that it might as well be another planet. By and large, the people are very friendly to foreign tourists. Yeah, I know... they just love your money. Well, the French also love your money but they're not shy about treating you like dirt while overcharging you for stale bread and undercooked meat. I wasn't in Paris for ten minutes before I hated the place, and my feelings never changed. I haven't stayed in Vietnam more than a few weeks at a time, but so far it hasn't been long enough for me to get tired of it.

If I had to live in Vietnam for an extended period of time then I'd probably feel the same way you do, but visiting occasionally for a few weeks at a time really is like an adventure for me. :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Tha'ts so funny because I cross the streets the same way he does! When it comes to crossing streets in VN, I am a total wuss!! :rofl:

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Sounds like a very educated statement :rolleyes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.