RandyN

Montreal Interviews

173 posts in this topic

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All those still waiting for Montreal Interviews......I had sent an email to Montreal asking about there being no appts and when would they be accomodating those of us waiting........and they responded... "The Consulate General in Montreal is committed to scheduling immigrant visa interview appointments as soon as possible after the applicant’s file is documentarily ready. The Consulate General works closely with the National Visa Center and CSC Visa Information Services, our appointment system contractor, to determine the number and category of immigrant visa cases that are ready for interview, and ensure there are adequate appointments available. The calendar is reviewed several times per month, and additional appointment slots may be added as available visa numbers change. If there are no appointments available, applicants are requested to re-try in a few days, as it is likely additional appointment slots will be opened."

So let's hope since the last block of appts was opened up on Sept 14th (congrats to those who got appts then) - that maybe they will be releasing some appointments very soon. And if anyone does get an appt please, please let the rest of us know through this topic - we will all be so grateful. I have a really good feeling that appointments will be opened up sometime this week folks. :) Laura (I don't know how much more refreshing I can take... :wacko:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All those still waiting for Montreal Interviews......I had sent an email to Montreal asking about there being no appts and when would they be accomodating those of us waiting........and they responded... "The Consulate General in Montreal is committed to scheduling immigrant visa interview appointments as soon as possible after the applicant’s file is documentarily ready. The Consulate General works closely with the National Visa Center and CSC Visa Information Services, our appointment system contractor, to determine the number and category of immigrant visa cases that are ready for interview, and ensure there are adequate appointments available. The calendar is reviewed several times per month, and additional appointment slots may be added as available visa numbers change. If there are no appointments available, applicants are requested to re-try in a few days, as it is likely additional appointment slots will be opened."

So let's hope since the last block of appts was opened up on Sept 14th (congrats to those who got appts then) - that maybe they will be releasing some appointments very soon. And if anyone does get an appt please, please let the rest of us know through this topic - we will all be so grateful. I have a really good feeling that appointments will be opened up sometime this week folks. :) Laura (I don't know how much more refreshing I can take... :wacko:

Good to see that they replied to you. I am getting so tired of the refreshing too :( I really hope something opens up soon!!!! And I hope I am at home this time to actually get an appointment, I missed the last batch due to being at work :(

K-1 Visa

October 8, 2010: Engaged
March 10, 2011: Filed Petition
March 14, 2011: NOA 1
June 23, 2011: NOA 2
July 19, 2011: Packet 3 received
August 1, 2011: Packet 4 received
November 29, 2011: Interview at Montreal (Approved)
December 8, 2011: Placed into AP (lasted 72 days)
February 22, 2012: Visa in hand!
February 24, 2012: POE (Peace Bridge)
March 9, 2012: Married!

AOS Journey

March 14, 2012: Mailed I-485 (AOS)
May 24, 2012: I-485 NOA
June 18, 2012: Biometrics

March 15, 2013: Service Request

March 27, 2013: Service Request Response

April 26, 2013: APPROVAL!

May 7, 2013: GC Recieved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Add me to the list to notify! I have been trying for 8 weeks :(

I <3 MARC

* AUGUST 2008 - met online

* MARCH 2009 - start dating

* MAY 27, 2009 - Said "I Love You"

* SEPTEMBER 18, 2009 - met in person

* JUNE 18, 2010 – He Proposed!

* JULY 26, 2010 – He returned to Canada to start the visa process

* SEPTEMBER 2010 - I-129-F Application (k-1) sent

* OCTOBER 3-9, 2010 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* DECEMBER 27- JANUARY 4, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* FEBRUARY 15-22, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* APRIL 2011- Packet 3 Received

* JUNE 3-9 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* JULY 2011 – Sent Packet 3 to Montreal

* AUGUST 1, 2011 - Packet 4 Received

* AUGUST 5, 2011 – MRV Fee Paid – tried to schedule and apt. – None available.

* SEPTEMBER 30 - OCTOBER 5, 2011 - To Canada to Visit Marc

* OCTOBER 13, 2011 - Interview FINALLY Scheduled

* NOVEMBER 17, 2011 - Medical Exam

* ARRIVED IN CANADA TO GO TO THE INTERVIEW WITH MARC

* NOVEMBER 22, 2011 - Interview in Montreal

* DECEMBER 2, 2011 - POE - Houlton, Maine

* DECEMBER 14, 2011 - Courthouse Wedding.

* FEBRUARY 25, 2012 - The "REAL WEDDING"!!

0gIzm5.png

Timeline

It seems like there are at least 20 of us waiting (that are posting anyway). I am sure there are MORE! We neeeeeeeeeeed a BIG block of appointments to open up so no one is sad when they miss out like a few weeks ago. I just cried and cried when I got back from my lunch break that day and found out what happened. I was happy for those who got appointments but so so very sad for Marc and I. Come on MONTREAL!!

I <3 MARC

0gIzm5.png

Add me to the list to notify! I have been trying for 8 weeks :(

So everyone still waiting - I know many of us are trying at all hours of the day and night and it appears we do have good coverage as a group as to when Montreal opens up blocks of times. Let's make sure we post immediately whomever gets that first appointment! And then we can all meetup in Montreal ..........and get off the "refresh" craze. So glad I joined this site!! :)

Those of us waiting and checking the system daily for Montreal interviews are wondering something..............we saw the last block of appointments was released on September 14th. What we'd like to know - before that - can anyone tell us when the 'last' batch of appointments was released? I saw a post from May and truly hoping that's not the last time they released appointments. Because that would be 4 months between times when appointments were available. Please those who have had interviews booked in the last few months could you tell us when the "blocks" of available appointments came up so we might be able to see a pattern..........and have some hope that we too can get an interview booked soon. Thanks everyone!! Patiently Waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I read on another thread that there were some booked at the end of July. From what I understand there really isn't a pattern, they are released whenever they become available and thats it. I did here that the last ones released were in the afternoon around 1-2:00, I missed them because I had an eye appointment at 1 (which I am still kicking myself for!!!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Those of us waiting and checking the system daily for Montreal interviews are wondering something..............we saw the last block of appointments was released on September 14th. What we'd like to know - before that - can anyone tell us when the 'last' batch of appointments was released? I saw a post from May and truly hoping that's not the last time they released appointments. Because that would be 4 months between times when appointments were available. Please those who have had interviews booked in the last few months could you tell us when the "blocks" of available appointments came up so we might be able to see a pattern..........and have some hope that we too can get an interview booked soon. Thanks everyone!! Patiently Waiting

There were more appointments released between May and September- although it takes frustratingly long for Montreal to release appointments, I haven't heard of them going 4 months without booking any. Sometimes slots pop up really close to the present date (I assume due to cancellations). Summer was really erratic with people booking interviews anywhere from the current month to November. I booked my interview for August 22nd in May and in July rescheduled it to August 11th.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. It is just horribly disorganized. I'm praying they open up a lot of slots for you guys soon, for what it's worth many people are in the same boat as you. I know that's not much comfort :( Eventually you'll get your visa (assuming you come to the interview prepared) and it'll be such a huge relief that the endurance will have been worth it.

Timeline

I say we FLOOD Montreal with calls daily until they release more appointments. Make them feel the pressure.. loL!

I <3 MARC

0gIzm5.png

Timeline

I say we FLOOD Montreal with calls daily until they release more appointments. Make them feel the pressure.. loL!

I think we should flood them with calls and emails!! Everyone needs to get on board with this!!! :help:

Timeline

I always get ahold of someone. I just enter in whatever prompt will allow me to speak to someone. I do not care the topic. When they answer I say I just needed to speak to a person..lol! They always say the same thing "Keep refreshing" but UGH! THe more flooded with calls they are with people waiting and waiting may help open more dates!

I <3 MARC

0gIzm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.