Steph1988

Dublin IS A POE....SERIOUSLY?

50 posts in this topic

Well, most of the folks who read VJ these days have forgotten the story of how the officer at Dublin threw Wes' I-94 in the bin and said he wouldn't need it! :lol::P :P

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

; How come you don't go through immigration and be interviewed (normal procedure) with a CBP since flying from Dublin to NY is still an international flight and not considered a domestic flight?!

Every international flight has to go through Custom Border Protection and Security, is for what I understand.

:blink:

nope, its a domestic if it travels from dublin directly to the usa, from all ive read and been told, so the cbp an interview etc takes place in dublin, when you arrive in the usa u go straight to arrivals/baggage claims, u dont need to go through all the international arrivals crazy waiting/stress. or head off to ur next flight, its so crazy dublin does this, but it does, an thats how it is, ur classed as being in america once u clear cbp in dublin, how odd

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

nope, its a domestic if it travels from dublin directly to the usa, from all ive read and been told, so the cbp an interview etc takes place in dublin, when you arrive in the usa u go straight to arrivals/baggage claims, u dont need to go through all the international arrivals crazy waiting/stress. or head off to ur next flight, its so crazy dublin does this, but it does, an thats how it is, ur classed as being in america once u clear cbp in dublin, how odd

hmm you have it backwards.

Its international when flying from one country to another. eg: Dublin, Ireland to USA.

Domestic is from one place to another inside the same country. eg: California to Texas.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

hmm you have it backwards.

Its international when flying from one country to another. eg: Dublin, Ireland to USA.

Domestic is from one place to another inside the same country. eg: California to Texas.

im afraid to differ, an if u read the other posts people will tell u, ireland an flights from dublin/shannin(both ireland) and some but i dont no which from canada, that have cbp pre clearnace, arrive as domestic, no matter what country of origin, they are they ONLY countrys that do this, no others do, and its on the cbp web page if u google it ull find it easily enough, but yep its true, an flight DIRECT from dublin to usa, arrive as domestic, i dont no why or how, but they do, so cbp interview fingerprints etc is all done IN dublin and NOT in the USA, FACT

Timeline

im afraid to differ, an if u read the other posts people will tell u, ireland an flights from dublin/shannin(both ireland) and some but i dont no which from canada, that have cbp pre clearnace, arrive as domestic, no matter what country of origin, they are they ONLY countrys that do this, no others do, and its on the cbp web page if u google it ull find it easily enough, but yep its true, an flight DIRECT from dublin to usa, arrive as domestic, i dont no why or how, but they do, so cbp interview fingerprints etc is all done IN dublin and NOT in the USA, FACT

Suit your self, all my flights from Canada to USA are through the international gate area and all the tickets say international on them. Not domestic. I pass customs in Canada and land in the USA with my bags ready for pick up.

If i'm flying inside Canada I go to the regular check-in lines and it does not say international gates.

Also a search on google brings up domestic flight - flying inside the same country from one place to another. As well as international flying from one country to another.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Suit your self, all my flights from Canada to USA are through the international gate area and all the tickets say international on them. Not domestic. I pass customs in Canada and land in the USA with my bags ready for pick up.

If i'm flying inside Canada I go to the regular check-in lines and it does not say international gates.

Also a search on google brings up domestic flight - flying inside the same country from one place to another. As well as international flying from one country to another.

i get what your saying, and totally agree, an up until yesterday argued the same cause, but as ive said, read back, many VJ members and a qucik check on CBP and expedia have all confirmed, dublin to usa direct is classed an treated as a domestic, all cbp preclearnce is done in dublin not the usa, plus several irish visa travelers have said yep its true, those who have been there done it so...

Timeline

AlinaH

I know that if I fly into Vancouver, Canada, before flying into the US, I have to go through US customs there. It was weird the first time ii happened to me, because I was expecting to go through customs in San Fransisco. Then, when I got to San Fransisco, I just went on to my next gate, as stated above, because it was considered a domestic flight, because I'd already done the customs and immigration process in Vancouver.

HeatDeath

The whole point of preclearance facilities, at least for Canada, is to remove a lot of the strain from the international arrivals sections of US airports. They're too busy, by and large, as it is, without also adding everyone flying from Canada into those lines. By clearing Canadians in Canada, they dramatically reduce the number of international arrivals who have to be processed upon arrival in the US. When a flight that has been precleared in Canada or Dublin lands in the US, it lands at the domestic arrival terminal, and it's passengers are treated just like any US domestic passengers upon arrival. You just walk straight off the plane and on to the next place you're going - either your next flight's gate or on to baggage claim and the street - no post processing of any kind.

just a few

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So ive been told an read, dublin is a POE, an i can get interview an hand in my mystery envelope there, an have no drama as i enter the usa, as ive cleared the POE in dublin, is this really true, i can fly via dublin, get sorted and not have hassle or deal with CBP in the USA, i was stunned when i read this,

I doubt you will avoid any drama, the procedure is the same either way. Yes, Dublin can be a POE as well as London, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and probably many others where the USA has CBP at the foreign airport by agreement with the host country.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

i get what your saying, and totally agree, an up until yesterday argued the same cause, but as ive said, read back, many VJ members and a qucik check on CBP and expedia have all confirmed, dublin to usa direct is classed an treated as a domestic, all cbp preclearnce is done in dublin not the usa, plus several irish visa travelers have said yep its true, those who have been there done it so...

You will be treated as a domestic arrival when you arrive. You will go through the same procedure in Dublin you WOULD go through in the USA if you did it here. The reason it IS a "POE" is because you go through the POE procedures in a secure area before boarding the plane.

In theory there is no advantage to YOU, pay me now, pay me later...same thing. It gives more options for arrival gates and reduces lines at US airports. The best news for you is that the line will likely be shorter.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Once you get domestic, no more important stuff, easy.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

I doubt you will avoid any drama, the procedure is the same either way. Yes, Dublin can be a POE as well as London, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and probably many others where the USA has CBP at the foreign airport by agreement with the host country.

The only flights out of London that get pre-clearance are flights routed to Shannon before the plane turns towards the US.

Here's the list of port of entry in other nations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_border_preclearance

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It always surprises me how many people will argue about something just because they don't believe it to be true. Facts are facts and they are simple to check--there are semantic issues reading through these posts, but it all comes down to one thing--when you get pre clearance as Steph will, you get on the flight, take a long nap, and get off the plane in the US without any further checks. If anyone doesn't think that is easier, then they have never gone through the long lines at most POE's.

Steph, don't waste your valuable electrons arguing with people who think their opinions trump the facts--in the end, facts always win, and they are 100% on your side, Steph. And the people with strong, but wrong opinions will keep telling you you are wrong long after you land in the US ready to rock and roll in your new life.

Best wishes in everything in your life.

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

It always surprises me how many people will argue about something just because they don't believe it to be true. Facts are facts and they are simple to check--there are semantic issues reading through these posts, but it all comes down to one thing--when you get pre clearance as Steph will, you get on the flight, take a long nap, and get off the plane in the US without any further checks. If anyone doesn't think that is easier, then they have never gone through the long lines at most POE's.

Steph, don't waste your valuable electrons arguing with people who think their opinions trump the facts--in the end, facts always win, and they are 100% on your side, Steph. And the people with strong, but wrong opinions will keep telling you you are wrong long after you land in the US ready to rock and roll in your new life.

Best wishes in everything in your life.

Couldn't agree more!

:thumbs:

K-1 Visa Journey
08/05/2011 I-129F sent
08/09/2011 I-129F recieved and signed for by C.Viella @ Lewisville, TX
08/11/2011 NOA1 email recieved
08/12/2011 Cheque cashed by USCIS
08/16/2011 NOA1 Hard Copy recieved
12/05/2011 NOA2 Email recieved: Approved
12/09/2011 NOA2 Hard Copy recieved: Approved
01/10/2012 Medical
01/24/2012 NVC received File
01/26/2012 NVC transferred to Embassy
02/06/2012 Embassy Received
02/08/2012 Packet 3 Received
02/16/2012 Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
02/17/2012 Embassy Received
03/01/2012 Packet 4 Received
03/13/2012 Interview Date: APPROVED
04/05/2012 POE: Dublin, Ireland

Your I-129f was approved in 116 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 215 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

04/25/2012 AOS sent
04/30/2012 AOS Received and signed for by CHYBA @ Chicago, IL
05/03/2012 Cheque cashed by USCIS
05/04/2012 Biometrics letter sent
05/29/2012 I-485 transferred to CSC
06/01/2012 Biometrics appointment
07/06/2012 EAD+AP Card Production (68 days)
07/14/2012 EAD+AP Card Received

04/18/2013 Filed for EAD+AP renewal
04/19/2013 Contacted Congressman
04/19/2013 RFE for form I-693
05/06/2013 RFE response under review
05/21/2013 AOS APPROVED!
05/25/2013 Green Card IN HAND!

Your AOS was approved in 392 days from your send-date.

• 9 months later...
Timeline

Canadians typically pre-clear in Canada, as I did and no, it shouldn't delay anything

Good luck

PS - don't wait for the SSN to arrive, go to the SSA as soon as possible get the SSN

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.