heyray

Expediting a I129f

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Ok I know that military personnel can get their K1 visa processed more quickly then us average people. Well I have seen it happen on this site often. I can only assume these people are military anyway. Besides being in the military is there any other way to get this process happening quicker. I know it may be sour grapes on my part, but I want to be with my love as soon as possible as well. Can it happen and if so how can it happen? And it seems as though things may be slowing down at the USCIS in California lately too. I did notice that through May they seemed to be processing more quickly then through June. I am a July submitter so I know my time is coming soon. But it is just not soon enough.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Go look at USCIS website sometimes they have great info.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=16a6b1be1ce85210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are as follows:

Severe financial loss to company or individual

Extreme emergent situation

Humanitarian situation

Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States

Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)

USCIS error

Compelling interest of USCIS

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Ok I know that military personnel can get their K1 visa processed more quickly then us average people. Well I have seen it happen on this site often. I can only assume these people are military anyway. Besides being in the military is there any other way to get this process happening quicker. I know it may be sour grapes on my part, but I want to be with my love as soon as possible as well. Can it happen and if so how can it happen? And it seems as though things may be slowing down at the USCIS in California lately too. I did notice that through May they seemed to be processing more quickly then through June. I am a July submitter so I know my time is coming soon. But it is just not soon enough.

As Inky has pointed out there has to be extreme circumstances to expedite a 129f. You have only just filed so you have a ways to go yet. We Aussies are prettylucky that our 129f's dont take as long as we are not a high fraud country but you have at least 3-4 months for approval. Some stories on here from OZ have been approved in 2 months. So if your case is straight forward and no complications then it shuld all run smoothly. Just make sure Ray has all the paperwork done and all the required documents he will need for interview then when you are approved and get packet 3 from consulate he will be ready to return tham quickly and get an interview . The more prepared you are and ready to go the less time wasted once approved and sent on to Sydney.

We all want and wanted to be with our loves sooner rathere than later but this is the choice we make when we fall in love with someone from another country. You need to develope a lot of patience and keep busy. I know it's hard I really do but it's al worth it in the end when he gets her to the US. I hated every moment of being apart from my now husband but it was worth it and I was all organised and had everything ready to go. You got NOA1 July , so end of year it will all start happening for you and if you are really lucky he could be here for new year, that depending on f you get approved in 3 months and interview n December sometime. Be patient and yahoo and skype help a lot . Good luck though and stay positive :thumbs:

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

from NOA1 to interview was about 5 months for us. which was a lot faster than we expected. but, we also got denied which i didn't (foolishly) expect either! ha. good luck. Just try not to think about it and just pretend it doesn't exist. I remember we were actually out of the country traveling when our package 3 arrived. And I didn't check my emails for a week. so it was sitting in the inbox the whole time. hahaha! Guess we weren't expecting it. You can always call and see how your case is going. they would give me little updates when i would call. and if you go past 6 months get a congressman to call for you. good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.