Inky

I-751 September 2011 Filers

1,245 posts in this topic

Is anyone familiar with the Passport Stamp when traveling. My wife will be going home to Russia for a month in January and I doubt that we will have a new card by then. We do have the I-797 NOA Receipt Notice that says she is good for another year but she keeps bugging me about the passport stamp.

I don't even know where to get one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You make an Infopass appointment for your local USCIS office, on uscis.gov. The immigration officer you talk to there can, at their discretion, put the stamp in your passport.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Is anyone familiar with the Passport Stamp when traveling. My wife will be going home to Russia for a month in January and I doubt that we will have a new card by then. We do have the I-797 NOA Receipt Notice that says she is good for another year but she keeps bugging me about the passport stamp.

I don't even know where to get one.

you do not need the stamp as long as she has the notice!

event.png

You make an Infopass appointment for your local USCIS office, on uscis.gov. The immigration officer you talk to there can, at their discretion, put the stamp in your passport.

Barca is right, she does not need the stamp, but if she insists, you can get an Infopass appointment online and your wife can speak to an IO about her request. I don't know what their criteria is for giving out the stamps, in my case, if you read my prior posts, I had a weird situation with receiving two NOA1 letters, so the IO gave me a stamp as I stated that potentially, having two records in the system could cause confusion when I try to re-enter the US.

Edited by jjbandero

Barca is right, she does not need the stamp, but if she insists, you can get an Infopass appointment online and your wife can speak to an IO about her request. I don't know what their criteria is for giving out the stamps, in my case, if you read my prior posts, I had a weird situation with receiving two NOA1 letters, so the IO gave me a stamp as I stated that potentially, having two records in the system could cause confusion when I try to re-enter the US.

I think we will just stick with the letter as it is a pain to go to Immigration in downtown Chicago. As it turns out, her concerns come from some Russian friends who didn't have the stamp and were hasseled by the Russians. I really don't think it is any of their business what the U.S. requires for admission. But then again, you have to be careful when arguing with bureaucrats of any nationality. IMHO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

hello fellow members,

So i got my 10 year greencard in the mail today :) so so happy right now. i got the letter congratulating me and the green card came in a seperate envelope. am i right in saying that the journey hasnt quite finished yet? is there something else that needs to be done?

wishing all good luck

hello fellow members,

So i got my 10 year greencard in the mail today :) so so happy right now. i got the letter congratulating me and the green card came in a seperate envelope. am i right in saying that the journey hasnt quite finished yet? is there something else that needs to be done?

wishing all good luck

Congrats inneedofhelp..thats way to go. One down and more to go..

AOS from B-2

----------------------------------------------------------

09/24/2009 Sent AOS package to Chicago

09/28/2009 Package arrived in Chicago

10/02/2009 Checks Cashed

10/05/2009 NOAs Received ( dated October 02 )

10/29/2009 Walk in Biometric ( dated November 13)

11/09/2009 EAD Card Production Ordered.

11/12/2009 Interview Letter

11/13/2009 EAD Card Production Ordered Again

11/16/2009 EAD Card Approval Notice Sent

11/17/2009 EAD Touched AGAIN

11/18/2009 Received EAD Card

11/30/2009 AOS Touched

12/14/2009 AOS APPROVED/CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

HURRAY!!!

12/17/2009 AOS Card Production Ordered Again

12/18/2009 AOS Touched

12/18/2009 AOS Welcome to America Received!!

12/24/2009 Green Card Received

09/16/2011 Sent ROC to CSC

09/21/2011 Check Cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hello fellow members,

wishing all good luck

What is the approval date so we can update the list.

Also fill in your VJ timeline so it helps people out. You still have not filled any of it out.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

hello fellow members,

wishing all good luck

Fantastic. :) Congratulations! :dance::thumbs::dance:

I second Chicagoguy2 - Vermont?! wow :wacko::blink:

Edited by Lexy

We met, we fell in love, we married, we live as one! And that's the way love goes...:)

Fantastic. :) Congratulations! :dance::thumbs::dance:

I second Chicagoguy2 - Vermont?! wow :wacko::blink:

Actually it is California, not Vermont. Still, that was a very fast approval - the first in our Sept group.

We met, we fell in love, we married, we live as one! And that's the way love goes...:)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

hello fellow members,

wishing all good luck

congrats :)

event.png

hello fellow members,

wishing all good luck

Congrats!!! Great news!

08/07/2008 Engaged

K-1 Timeline
01/20/2009 I-129F sent
06/05/2009 Visa received

07/21/2009 POE: Newark
08/08/2009 Wedding

AOS Timeline
09/09/2009 AOS/EAD/AP sent
10/02/2009 Case transferred to CSC
10/16/2009 AP approved
10/24/2009 Biometrics appointment, New Rochelle NY
10/26/2009 EAD approved
12/10/2009 AOS approved
12/21/2009 Green card received

Lifting Conditions
09/10/2011 I-751 sent
09/12/2011 NOA
10/03/2011 Biometrics appointment, Tucson AZ
01/30/2012 ROC approved
02/04/2012 10yr GC received

Naturalization

09/02/2014 N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX

10/03/2014 Biometrics appointment, Charlotte NC

12/08/2014 Interview letter received

01/12/2015 Interview

01/13/2015 Oath Ceremony

SHFYm4.png

hello fellow members,

wishing all good luck

Great news!!! kicking.gif Congrats!!!

NATURALIZATION
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
11/08/2012 N-400 Sent to Dallas/Lewisville, TX Lockbox
11/15/2012 NOA
11/16/2012 Check cashed
11/30/2012 Biometrics

12/04/2012 In line for interview
05/20/2013 Interview

06/07/2013 US CITIZEN!!!!

ROC
~~~~~~~~~~
09-13-2011 I-751 sent to VSC
09-19-2011 NOA
11-23-2011 Biometrics
09/05/2012 ROC approved!!!
09/20/2012 Card arrived !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.