sabinsugi

Entering the US

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me. My fiance, who is from Taiwan, has already received her cr-1 visa. We are ready to go the states very soon. My question is when we arrive in the states and go through customs..Do i have to go through customs with her? Or can she do it by herself? The only reason i don't want to do it with her is cause i want to secure our luggage. In our luggage will have some pretty important stuff...like wedding dress, etc. I just don't want our bags waiting out there for too long or risk some stealing our stuff.

please any info would be great.

Thanks!!

p.s. We will be arriving in America at the same time

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me. My fiance, who is from Taiwan, has already received her cr-1 visa.

We are ready to go the states very soon. My question is when we arrive in the states and go through customs..Do i have to go through customs with her? Or can she do it by herself? The only reason i don't want to do it with her is cause i want to secure our luggage. In our luggage will have some pretty important stuff...like wedding dress, etc. I just don't want our bags waiting out there for too long or risk some stealing our stuff.

please any info would be great.

Thanks!!

p.s. We will be arriving in America at the same time

She is your wife if she has a CR-1, a fiancee does not get a CR-1.

You will clear immigration from different lanes, then after you clear immigration you can secure your luggage, clear customs with the luggage alone then wait for her on the other side to exit.

Congratulations!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You will clear immigration from different lanes, then after you clear immigration you can secure your luggage, clear customs with the luggage alone then wait for her on the other side to exit.

Congratulations!

sorry i always get those messed up. Even though we got married in Taiwan...so doesn't consider herself a wife until we have the ceremony in america. haha

Timeline

No problem, so do not get me wrong...I was not trying to be mean or anything like that. I just kind of figured you meant 'wife' and not "fiance."

Tell her that she is very married... :D

I hope that customs/immigration info helps.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations!

Not necessarily true. The person sorting the lines at the CBP area will direct you. Typically they allow the couples to go through the citizen/resident line together.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Not necessarily true. The person sorting the lines at the CBP area will direct you. Typically they allow the couples to go through the citizen/resident line together.

Ok, thanks for that...is that policy or just courtesy? Or was that your experience at your wifes POE? I appreciate your input.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

At Newark, we were directed to go through the US citizen line together.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

At Newark, we were directed to go through the US citizen line together.

Penguin_ie, Thanks!

Have a great day!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.