dukeandduchess

Confused About Booking My Interview -- Help?

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Long story short, my effort to prepare everything before we got our NOA2 failed miserably. I received my letter from the consulate on June 27 and had some of my stuff done by then but I didn't realize how many vaccinations I needed (we always thought I had my MMR vaccine) and *shocker* I am not immune to chicken pox. In Canada (or at least what I've been told by everyone Health Unit/Nurse I've spoken to) you can't get more than 1 live virus vaccine each month. So I have been getting my 1 vaccine per month but now I've run out of time. Our NOA2 says it expires on September 29, and I am not allowed to book my Medical until after my last shot (Sept. 6).

I emailed the consulate to see if they could extend my deadline beyond Sept. 29th. Here is my e-mail:

I would like to ask permission to extend my K1 Visa Application. Our application says it expires September 29th, 2011 but I am not sure if I will be able to get all parts of my application finished before then. Completing my application is taking longer than expected because I have had to get 3 vaccinations that are "live viruses" and the Health Unit will only give me one vaccine per month. I am getting my final vaccination on September 6th, 2011 and can only book my medical exam after that date. This is because Woking Medical will only book an appointment once all of the vaccinations have been given.

I am not sure how long it will take for me to get a medical exam booked and I am also unsure how long it will take to schedule my interview at the embassy. I have completed everything else on my application. I would really appreciate if you could let me know if an extension of my K1 Visa application is possible.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

They responded with:

"The current wait time for K visa appointment in Vancouver is about 6-8 weeks. Below is a copy of your Packet 4 letter with information on how to schedule visa appointments."

They then attached my packet 4 letter with instructions on how to book my interview.

Personally, I don't think my e-mail is confusing and I think I make it clear that I haven't had my medical exam. My fiance thinks I should e-mail them again to double check what to do. I feel like they want me to book the appointment so they can automatically extend the deadline.

I was hoping someone else might have experienced something similar and can advise us on the best course of action. I feel weird booking an interview without having my medical.

Thoughts?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.