markelsa71

port of entry question!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everybody I am a little confuse because I put OCTOBER the date of my intend to arive in the U.S on my ds-156 form..but i will leave for U.S SEPT. 25( I changed my mind for some reason) and I am not sure if it's a big deal or not? I also have another question. My port of entry is NORTH CAROLINA i am wondering because I have a stop over in DETROIT. is the IMMIGRATION in DETROIT going to open my yellow package or only the IMMIGRATION in GREENSBORO NC?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The date doesn't matter.

Your POE will be Detroit as it is the place you enter the US. The yellow envelope will be taken there.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If you have a connecting flight from Detroit to North Carolina be sure your layover is enough time to do the immigration processing. Be sure to tell the airline agent so they will know where you are.

N-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

10/20/14...N-400 mailed to Phoenix
--/--/14.. N-400 packet received
--/--/14... Check cashed
--/--/14... NOA1 received (Priority Date 10/10/14)
---/---/14... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for --/--/14)
---/---/14... Early walk-in for Biometrics (Tampa FL)
---/---/14... In line for interview
---/---/14... Interview completed
---/---/14... Oath letter received
---/---/14... Oath Ceremony!

Timeline

Think I have the same question as my date I put in is Sept.14 but my departure is Sept.12... and all my papers my address is North Carolina and I will fly with my fiance...but it changed... I will fly with my sister and the port of entry is Fort Lauderdale as we stay there for a while and be getting married before we fly to North Carolina....hope I cant encounter some problems.. a little bit worried though and keep thinking..Have a safe flight.. you will be next to me.. God bless

Timeline

The date doesn't matter.

Your POE will be Detroit as it is the place you enter the US. The yellow envelope will be taken there.

are they going to give the yellow envelope back to me?

Timeline

Think I have the same question as my date I put in is Sept.14 but my departure is Sept.12... and all my papers my address is North Carolina and I will fly with my fiance...but it changed... I will fly with my sister and the port of entry is Fort Lauderdale as we stay there for a while and be getting married before we fly to North Carolina....hope I cant encounter some problems.. a little bit worried though and keep thinking..Have a safe flight.. you will be next to me.. God bless

thanks..they said date doesn't matter and hope we don't encounter problems what i do not know if we are going to wait for the yellow envelope after they opened it.will they give it back to us?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

are they going to give the yellow envelope back to me?

No, that is your file that goes into the USCIS system.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

[/quote THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP GODBLESS!

THANK YOU SO MUCH...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi everybody I am a little confuse because I put OCTOBER the date of my intend to arive in the U.S on my ds-156 form..but i will leave for U.S SEPT. 25( I changed my mind for some reason) and I am not sure if it's a big deal or not? I also have another question. My port of entry is NORTH CAROLINA i am wondering because I have a stop over in DETROIT. is the IMMIGRATION in DETROIT going to open my yellow package or only the IMMIGRATION in GREENSBORO NC?

POE Detroit, hope you have enough time between flights for Immigration, LAX was 3 hours.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

POE Detroit, hope you have enough time between flights for Immigration, LAX was 3 hours.

DTW is not a terribly busy POE

YMMV

Timeline

DTW is not a terribly busy POE

thank you..i only GOT 1 hour and 55 mins to fall in line at the immigration..i hope i won't be late for my flight to GSO.it's my first time to travel international so i am hoping with 2 stop over there would be no delay flights lol!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you..i only GOT 1 hour and 55 mins to fall in line at the immigration..i hope i won't be late for my flight to GSO.it's my first time to travel international so i am hoping with 2 stop over there would be no delay flights lol!

Hopefully when you arrive, several other international flights did not 'just' get there. But 1hr/55mn seems like enough time to clear immigration and get to the gate for your connecting flight. Especially if DTW is not a busy POE as stated by another poster. If you miss the connecting flight (I would not be too worried at this point) your airline will make every attempt to get you on the next flight out.

I hope you have a pleasant first international flight experience.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Hopefully when you arrive, several other international flights did not 'just' get there. But 1hr/55mn seems like enough time to clear immigration and get to the gate for your connecting flight. Especially if DTW is not a busy POE as stated by another poster. If you miss the connecting flight (I would not be too worried at this point) your airline will make every attempt to get you on the next flight out.

I hope you have a pleasant first international flight experience.

What if I missed my flight? do i need to buy another ticket?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

What if I missed my flight? do i need to buy another ticket?

No, you will not need to buy another ticket...they will just book you for the next flight. Just know that the airlines are charging for everything these days, (if they could charge you a fee for the oxygen you breathe onboard the plane and get away with it, they just might try it) so be sure and let them know that you got held up at immigration if that happens. There might or might not be a nominal fee to book again, they will let you know. The last 2 times I missed flights due to being stuck in traffic, they just charged a $50.00 fee to book me on the next flight.

But no worries, you will not need to buy another ticket. You will have a problem-free first international flight.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.