elya

Qutting your job in Russia

61 posts in this topic

It is stupendously outrageous a fee if the person already has the skill.

Exactly as I said. We keep agreeing on stuff...scary. :D

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Exactly as I said. We keep agreeing on stuff...scary. :D

You will eventually get used to being correct and learn to deal with it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

You will eventually get used to being correct and learn to deal with it.

Hmmm...well I *have* had this weird urge to move to Vermont, but my wife gets downright violent when I suggest she get a pixie cut. ;)

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Timeline

Hmmm...well I *have* had this weird urge to move to Vermont, but my wife gets downright violent when I suggest she get a pixie cut. ;)

Short hair is HOT! Alla has decided to grow hers long (again) I prefer short but that doesn't matter.

You are probably better off where you are than in Vermont

Gary And Alla

Short hair is HOT! Alla has decided to grow hers long (again) I prefer short but that doesn't matter.

I agree. I love short hair. The wife won't do it, but she looks good either way.

You are probably better off where you are than in Vermont

At least until they get themselves dug out of the mud. :) Do you know if you guys suffered any damage yet? (presumably you're still out of the country) Or was your place out of the hurricane's path?

Timeline

I agree. I love short hair. The wife won't do it, but she looks good either way.

At least until they get themselves dug out of the mud. :) Do you know if you guys suffered any damage yet? (presumably you're still out of the country) Or was your place out of the hurricane's path?

we got back Thursday night and have no damage here. It is really much a-do about very little. There are a few places which were rather isolated to begin with that had roads washed out and now they have to fly in supplies until they get the roads fixed. 1 week post storm and 9 of the 12 towns have the roads open again. Thanks to the Green Mountain Boys and their heavy helicopters!

To be honest there are a lot of little villages here that barely can function in good weather. If you live in a little village in a thick forest in the mountains with one two lane road in, next to the "Mad River" ...well, expect to be inconvenienced sometimes (the Mad River is one of my favorites for trout fishing!)

I have 12 projects going statewide, none were disrupted in any way but three of our men were deployed to the Vermont Guard for the week. They will be back Tuesday. Not a big deal really. I spent Friday, literally, driving from one corner of the state to the other (you can actually drive to all four corners in one day) and only had 1 detour for a washed out road, Rte 30 Northeast of Rutland. The water levels all looked back to about normal by Friday and the water was running clear

Keep in mind that Vermont has very little in the way of natural disasters, very rarely tornadoes, no earthquakes, enough rain that we rarely have forest fires, etc. So to say that it was "the worst flooding in 85 years" would be like saying that 6 murders per year would be a 50% increase in homicide! OH NO! But hey, politicians have to compete for money, so whenever they can send up the "SOS" flare, I suppose they will.

4 old wooden covered bridges got destroyed and a few others damaged. Mostly because they are old wooden bridges. They should have been torn down in 1926 but we kept them for old times sake and yeah...they get damaged more easily than those concrete and steel jobs. Who would imagine? In case you wondered why there are so few old wooden covered bridges left in the US...THIS would be why.

On the other hand, 2 years ago we lost the Champlain Bridge to neglect which has completely decimated several villages on both sides in New York and Vermont, while they build a new one and cost the government millions to operate a FREE but woefully inadequate ferry system in the meantime. I have yet to see that mentioned on the national news. It probably wouldn't help TV ratings like a "hurricane" would

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Vermont is too small to have any part be "out of the path" We had about 3" of rain here and some areas had double that. Winds were, tops, 40 mph. Not a bad storm by any means. The problem comes in that very little of Vermont is level, it is virtually all mountains which means almost all the water that falls on Vermont runs down to some concentrated point and eventually all goes into Lake Champlain west of the Green Mountian ridge and the Connecticutt river on the east side. The lake is big and deep and it barely makes a dent, but the rivers fill up fast and some people live close to rivers and some bridges are not high enough above the water. Oops.

There was no damage here because we live at the lake and all the water went into the lake where it is a good thing. The wind was not strong enough to do much damage. One of our neighbors did have an old dead tree that fell over on his old sway backed garage. Miraculously his new car was not in there and I told him he was probably out there pushing on the tree because now he gets the tree removed and a new garage at the insurance company's expense. He is broken hearted. :dance: Other than that, 4 days later, there was no evidence of a storm.

This was certainly no Hurricane Andrew.

Gary And Alla

I love short hair.

I do not.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I dislike short hair on men, though, for the most part.

Some of us have no choice. :P

Timeline

Short hair works on about 10% of women, but the ones it works for, it really works.

I dislike short hair on men, though, for the most part.

does no hair count as short hair? Alla likes bald, says it is "clean" looking

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

does no hair count as short hair? Alla likes bald, says it is "clean" looking

That is actually what I mainly meant by short hair: shaved or super super close-cropped. I can deal with a shorter hairstyle, but bald or only a few millimeters of hair? No way.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I do not.

Neither does my husband. He absolutely can't stand it. But tastes differ.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

That is actually what I mainly meant by short hair: shaved or super super close-cropped. I can deal with a shorter hairstyle, but bald or only a few millimeters of hair? No way.

My wife likes my hair short.

Neither does my husband. He absolutely can't stand it. But tastes differ.

I like her hair long.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

It is a solar panel for a Looooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee machine. :dance:

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.