brandnew

G 325A question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody, new here, love the site, very helpful. Its very late and I'm half asleep so I'll get right to my question :)

My fiance's only employment has actually been in the USA, as she has been here on work and travel visas for 3 years, on her form, would this go under the regular employment section, or last occupation abroad (as it was abroad for her)? Im guessing it goes under the regular spot but just wanted to double check.

also how strict should we be with the not leaving gaps in employment advice. We have both had seasonal summer jobs, do we need to write in between each of the summer dates we worked that we were students and unemployed from november to april; and use a separate line for each year?. 6 lines for one job ( 3 seasons working, 3 studying) seems a bit much and more confusing than just listing the name of the company once, and then having all of the 3 seasons working dates to the right.

Any advice would be very cool, thanks!

Filed: Timeline

EDIT: while i'm at it one more little question. (sorry of the double post in would not let me edit.

My most recent job I just started at the end of april so that I could have year round employment and hit the 18 thousand mark (waiting tables, but pretty nice place decent money, I am 22 years old with my associates degree so far. Anyway, if I was slightly under the poverty mark by the end of the year, because I did not work the first 4 months of the year, would that be a problem? i can easily pull over 18 in a year but not working those first four months (because I was in Russia with my g/f) might put me at like 16 thousand, I can work my butt off and take a bunch of double shifts and whatnot, but just wondering how necessary you guys think that would be if I'm clearly making 5-700 dollars a week.

Also, do you guys think its fine that i just started in april, and its a job as a waiter and no a salaried position? i can easily get a letter from my general manager, as we are on great terms and everything. also, I pick up a couple of shifts at my old job to help out my manager, might pull in 1 or 2 thousand from that job for the summer. Will they care that my income is spread out and that my main job was acquired pretty recently.

and on one last note, my fiance worked with me at my old job the last 3 summers, does showing her income in the US help our case at all?

i feel pretty confident that I can hit 18 thousand by myself between my two jobs, and that with the understanding that ive been a student and that is why my income was so low in previous years, that i should be okay, just looking for some thoughts/reassurance...gonna try to get this packet out by the end of the month. hope this post wasn't too confusing, thanks again!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, its late. There is no such thing as WE when Fiing the Petition. The Beneficiary dont count as income. The Petitioner must show 125% of the Poverty Level which is about $18,400.00. 2010 Taxes are good to have and a good idea to include. But, you indicate that 2011 and currant income will break that mark. Keep in mind:

Example: if your currant wage is $12.00 per hour and full-time then your annual income you will list is $12.00 per hour X 40 X 52 weeks. = $ Currant Income of $ 24,960.00 over and above the Poverty Line. Does not matter if you only started work in April. Currant pay stubs for 2011 are important and a letter from the Boss/Company.

AGAIN: If for example the currant wage wage is $12.00 per hour and show proof then your Annual Income is $ 24,960.00.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.