Gary and Alla

Miscellaneous topics all in one!

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
That cat gets fed Science Diet something or other for dry food
So does ours, except I rotate among the premium low-calorie foods.
Fancy Feast Ocean Whitefish and Tuna for canned food (3 times daily)
Fancy Feast is like McDonald's for cats; mine gets one 3-oz. can of ProPlan (weight-management) once daily.
Tuna flavored treats in a foil package...she get's two treats at night
Mine will eat only "Temptations" treats -- any flavor, but preferably Dairy, Salmon, or Seafood Medley, sea man.
and whenever we pop open a can of tuna we put the can on the kitchen floor so she can get eat whatever's left over in said can.
I still have to remind Mrs. T-B. that the leavings in any opened can of tuna belong to the cat, and that they are to be served to the cat in the middle bowl with proper presentation and announcement. It is not cricket merely to stand upright and glop-drop tuna into the bowl unceremoniously; one must announce the serving of this special course and deliver it to the bowl at cat's-nose level. (Note: Cat has 3 bowls [left to right]: water, soft food/treats/tuna, dry food.)
But the big thing for this cat is yogurt. I'm not sh*tting you...me or the wife can open a thing of yogurt while this cat is sleeping and she's on it in a NY second. I mean she gets the lid for whatevers on it, and then we leave a little in the container (small yoplait ones) and she sticks her paw in it and licks her paw like it's a spoon. She will work a yogurt container until it's clean as it was first made.
This is uncanny, si man (especially because yogurt comes uncanned in plastic). When I first got my cat, she didn't know what soft food was. She had diarrhea, and the vet recommended mixing plain yogurt -- a little beyond its expiration date -- with the dry food, to correct the bacterial imbalance in the feline stomach. The cat hesitated to eat this at first, but did, and it turned her on to soft food, and now she won't leave me alone until she gets it. Sadly, she often (as tonight) ignores the daily instruction of "Now, nobody gonna barf!"

Funnily, if you leave barfed-up soft food where it's been up-barfed, the cat may return and eat it again. The logic, I suppose, is "Well, it was good the first time, so..." Sadly, Mrs. T-B. insists upon prompt up-cleanings of the barf, sigh man. Maybe this is not that bad an idea now, no man, given that little Mini-Bone has just begun to crawl.

White cats are invariably crazy, but yours looks like it needs a good tummy-rub, si man, and that makes everything all right, miu man.

For the longest time, Mrs. T-B. was quite jealous of the cat (who was here first). Only very recently, since little Mini-Bone has expressed his fascination with the cat, has Mrs. T-B. modified her endemically sullen toleration, si man. I'd post fotos (Spanish spelling) if someone would remind me how, thanks man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Men who choose from the available RUB women in their area of the USA differ gratly in their relative perspective of RUB women from those of us that have been to RUB countries and know what is available :P

Sorry... what?

I am not the only one that has mentioned this, I may mention it more often than others, but then I have THREE Ukrainians to keep up with which means I have to be the LAST one to upstairs every night!

It might be just the family. Seriously. My dad's family in Ukraine use their fridges too. And never put their juice to the microvawe.

And I have been to Ukraine more times than you did (the 1st time happened when I was 9 months old) and I grew up and lived in Russia, so I might know better :yes:

Don't be offended...but you always seem more like an American than you do a Russian on here. For a long time I thought you were the USC.

:lol: that's why i'm saying "I must be weird".

I don't know, on Sunday my husband's friend's mom kept saying that I needed to be americanized :lol:

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'd still like to know whether RUBbettes who are now here use the rags-on-sticks.

I don't.

In regard to the ice cream, the asymmetry isn't the only clue that someone here has been into it unauthorizedly -- if the craters in the carefully molded plateau of chocolate ice cream have traces of strawberry in them, someone has not only been pilfering but has been mixing flavors!

:blush::lol: I like mixing flavors too!

Speaking of which, what do RUBbettes think about sharing one's food (between bites of one's own) with the cat, huh man?

Lots of people tend to give something off the table to their cats/dogs.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

I'd post fotos (Spanish spelling) if someone would remind me how, thanks man.

http://imageshack.us/ <----register there <--- upload image <--- copy "Direct Link to Image"

direct link to image here[/img ] <----without that space

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

My wife spoils our cats too. When she went on vacation, I fed them only dry kibble. They hate me.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Alla brought a cat and a dog. They were more problems and just about as expensive as bringing two extra people. :lol:

The dog will eat anything Alla eats. If she is eating an orange and gives the dog a piece, the dog eats oranges.

Both the dog and the cat are female and they are both about the same size (persian and pekinese) and the dog is continually humping the cat and the cat likes it!

Alla tells people we "had to" move to Vermont so the

lesbian trans-species animals could get married legally. :lol:

Lesbian animal love...gotta like that. :D

My wife spoils our cats too. When she went on vacation, I fed them only dry kibble. They hate me.

A few years back you posted about getting the wife a cat and the cat got sick or something and she told you to off it with a few "blats" in the sentence. That post was funny as fck. :lol:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

A few years back you posted about getting the wife a cat and the cat got sick or something and she told you to off it with a few "blats" in the sentence. That post was funny as fck. :lol:

Yep. That's how she rolls.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• 3 weeks later...

Belarusian cat vs rat dog. The dog ended up making a play for the cats food, and the cat kicked the dogs #######...bad like...it was yelping like it got ran over or something, and the cat had to be locked in the bedroom until my brothers gf left with her rat dog. Apparently the cat isn't keen on any dog visitors. I don't think it would be any nicer though with another cat around. That cat has a bad attitude when it comes to anything on four legs.

dsc00347small.jpg

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.