Krikit

The Way We Were

138 posts in this topic

I'd be up for it...nice to see some 'older' faces still about the place!

I am a weird case here I guess (I am everywhere I go)....my timeline reads NZ because I was there for 17 years before I came here. But, I am from Ontario. I have a married son who has a lovely husband, and they live in Vancouver.

I was posting in the Kiwi thread, and before I left for the USA I used to meet up with a couple of Kiwis also getting K1's. Once everyone got their two year GC ...*poof* no more conversation there to be had. Now the same group are going to be going through ROC, but no one's come back to the thread in ages.

I'm not really sure where I belong here. I'll likely post in the September filers thread when I get that far, but that's not really a chit chatty place either.

And I'm homesick for both places. They just had snow for the first time in Auckland in 79 years, and I wish I could have been there for it. I'd like to get up and see my son in BC. He's clever, the first place he always takes me is to Tims. Traveling right now is just not an option.

We started off in VA, and I quite liked it there. In May of 2010, my Mother in law asked if we could come here to AR for a time. She was 79 then, and going in to hospital to have a shoulder replacement, and needed someone to stay with my Father in law, who was 95 at the time. He had dementia, and you couldn't leave him alone at all. We were planning on staying for a couple of months, until she was mended.

He went into a rather rapid decline though, and passed away a week before Christmas last year. Two weeks later we had a mad dash in the middle of the night to ER with her, and she ended up in CCU for a week. She wanted us to stay a bit longer. In May just past, my husband's younger brother passed away at 57. Then we found out my husband has terminal liver disease and we are now waiting to see if they deem he is a suitable transplant candidate. Rosanna Rosannadana was right. If it's not one thing its something else.

I was working for a short time, but had to give it up when they changed my hours from evenings to nights. There's just to much for me to do, looking after the husband and his mother and her gigantic house. I couldn't be asleep all day and working all night. So. I'm back to job hunting. I do want to work, even if only just to get out of the house for a few hours a day.

Oooo..this is a bit long..I'll stop nattering now :blush:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

There used to be a big group of people going through k1 and aos pretty much at the same time.(mostly east coasters)I spent a long time on here while waiting for k1 and aos as well. As soon as I was able to work in the US spent less time due to other responsibilities... And like someone else said it was whiny no one searching asking same questions, kinda got burned out. The only real reason I'm back is because I do ROC next month and will be lingering. Funny how time flies...

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been glancing at the forums every morning, but thinking the same thing that the fun discussion parts haven't been very active for awhile and just figured everyone just left...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh cdneh,

Wow - I am so sorry! It doesn't rain but it pours! I hope your husband qualifies for the transplant, and that life in general becomes a lot less stressful for you very soon. :yes:

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to hang out here with the other Canucks :) .

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd be up for it...nice to see some 'older' faces still about the place!

I am a weird case here I guess (I am everywhere I go)....my timeline reads NZ because I was there for 17 years before I came here. But, I am from Ontario. I have a married son who has a lovely husband, and they live in Vancouver.

I was posting in the Kiwi thread, and before I left for the USA I used to meet up with a couple of Kiwis also getting K1's. Once everyone got their two year GC ...*poof* no more conversation there to be had. Now the same group are going to be going through ROC, but no one's come back to the thread in ages.

I'm not really sure where I belong here. I'll likely post in the September filers thread when I get that far, but that's not really a chit chatty place either.

And I'm homesick for both places. They just had snow for the first time in Auckland in 79 years, and I wish I could have been there for it. I'd like to get up and see my son in BC. He's clever, the first place he always takes me is to Tims. Traveling right now is just not an option.

We started off in VA, and I quite liked it there. In May of 2010, my Mother in law asked if we could come here to AR for a time. She was 79 then, and going in to hospital to have a shoulder replacement, and needed someone to stay with my Father in law, who was 95 at the time. He had dementia, and you couldn't leave him alone at all. We were planning on staying for a couple of months, until she was mended.

He went into a rather rapid decline though, and passed away a week before Christmas last year. Two weeks later we had a mad dash in the middle of the night to ER with her, and she ended up in CCU for a week. She wanted us to stay a bit longer. In May just past, my husband's younger brother passed away at 57. Then we found out my husband has terminal liver disease and we are now waiting to see if they deem he is a suitable transplant candidate. Rosanna Rosannadana was right. If it's not one thing its something else.

I was working for a short time, but had to give it up when they changed my hours from evenings to nights. There's just to much for me to do, looking after the husband and his mother and her gigantic house. I couldn't be asleep all day and working all night. So. I'm back to job hunting. I do want to work, even if only just to get out of the house for a few hours a day.

Oooo..this is a bit long..I'll stop nattering now :blush:

Wow, you have had a lot going on. I hope that your husband will qualify for the transplant and that a suitable donor will be found quickly. (F)

Timeline

cdneh, so sorry to hear about your past heartache and trouble. I hope your husband is eligible for the transplant and gets it soon!

Hey yall! I do keep in touch with some folk on Facebook and we often do pass the funnier posts from VJ back and forth on FB. There are some HILARIOUS situations in the immigration process that are just too good not to pass along!

I have worked pretty hard at my job and managed to make it all the way up to hopefully Director very soon. I'm just waiting for my interview in a few weeks.

My husband and I are looking for a much simpler life, though, and he has agreed to move back to Toronto with me! :dance:

We've started the entire experience by moving in with our family to start to save money, and I have started to search for jobs. I just got fingerprinted for my Naturalization application today and soon will submit Jared's residency application for Canada.

Many of you know that I have never fully adjusted to the US. It's been really difficult for me and although it has gotten so much easier the past few years, after 5 years of living in the US, I would be happy to see the back of it.

The only things I will miss about the US are the people I've met such as co-workers and a few great gals from this visajourney board, as well as my inlaws. But other than that, I'd be happy to return New Jersey back to a vacation spot!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Does anyone keep in contact with Nini + Bree?

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Thanks everyone...I didn't mean to moan, it does no good does it :blush:

That sound good Treble...back to the land of Tim's and other goodies :) I hope your husband likes it there, and as you say it's not far across the border for holidays!

Ive been on the phone a lot today, my sister-in-law works at the Pentagon, and it was evacuated because of the earthquake. She asked me to ring her husband for her, he is only 5 miles from where she was but the cellphone system seems swamped. So I rang him, and passed on her message, and then he rang back so I called her again...lol...who was that lady comedienne telephone operator with the one ringdingy? Used to keep a hanky down the front of her blouse.... That's me :lol:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Every morning I used to wake up, get my coffee, then read the new posts on the Canada Forum. It used to be a lot of fun chatting and catching up with everyone. That all seems to be gone. Now I only see process-related questions. I miss the chat. :(

Me too...I keep browsing every once and a while but don't post much anymore :) Guess I'm also guilty of that haha. :)

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

Timeline

cdneh - so sorry to hear that!!! Sending many positive thoughts your way and hoping that your husband can get a transplant!!

Our lives have been pretty crazy. DH went off to the Army in May, graduated Basic and the end of July, will be at AIT until December and then I *finally* get to leave Kentucky! His service also made him eligible for citizenship, and he was told that he'd be naturalized on Family Day...then the stupid idiots revoked it at the last second - he'd already passed their interview, but they said his background check wasn't done :angry:

When I got home from seeing him graduate there was an oath ceremony notice waiting for me, of course! :bonk: Still haven't heard anything about it, but I have contacted our Senator...hopefully that will all be done and over with soon. *sigh*

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

Timeline

Back in the day, there would have been a thread about Jack Layton, someone would have started it and we all would have joined in and discussed.

Back in the day, someone would have started an "ZOMG EASTCOAST EARTHQUAKE!" thread and there'd be discussion and a lot of jokes - Rob and Mel would have probably come in and told us to STFU because he's from the west coast and we're being a bunch of babies (haha)

So many events have happened just this past week and no one is discussing them. We used to do that.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I know I look like a total noob poster, but its me MrsCat :luv: For the life of me I cannot remember my old password, so here I am with no red (L)'s. Damn it all.

I just popped my head back in to check out the filing timelines for naturalization, and then clicked on my prior obsession The Canadian Forum.

Ya'll are lame now (just kidding) :P

Just and FYI, for all you who said you'd come to Hawaii, we moved to Nome, AK. So yeah, not expecting a lot of visitors anytime soon.

Filed: Timeline

Ohmygosh, MrsCat! I often wondered how you were!!! So nice to see some of the old crowd too. :luv:

Sorry to hear about all your challenges, Cdneh. Sending out good vibes for positive things to come. (L)

Congratulations, Colleens! I got the best painters ever from someone knocking at my door. If I could get him to come here from FL I would in a second!

All the best for your return to Canada, Treble. I hope it's everything you hope it to be.

ZOMG!! I was in an earthquake today!!!! Holy #######. I was hysterical. The whole house was swaying and the walls and the floor were moving and the chair I was sitting on was moving across the room and my fridge moved out into the kitchen and my doors are jammed and holy ####### I was scared. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline

ZOMG!! I was in an earthquake today!!!! Holy #######. I was hysterical. The whole house was swaying and the walls and the floor were moving and the chair I was sitting on was moving across the room and my fridge moved out into the kitchen and my doors are jammed and holy ####### I was scared. :(

Yikes, it was a big one!

Well as long as the bathroom door still opens and the toilet still drains through the plumbing, I'd say the house is still livable. :thumbs:

Nome has really lowered my standard of living.

Timeline

I was scared too but it didn't even click that I was in an earthquake :lol:

I thought the pipes at work were about to burst or something... it wasn't until it was all over and my coworker came out and said: "Yep that was an earthquake" that I realized what had happened.

I didn't like it.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.