kaibosh

Interview Monday!!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So my interview is this coming Monday, just double checking that I got everything ready to go, this is what I have so far:

- Passport and photocopy of picture page ( do I need a copy?)

- CD and envelop from Medical ( also have a copy of my vaccinations, do I need this?)

- 2 extra Passport photos

- Police records

- My original birth certif long forum ( plus 2 copies)

- Email from the embassy confirming my appointment and payment

- I 797c and I 797 ( NOA 1 and NOA 2 originals and copies of both)

- I-134 Affidavit of support original and a copy, I - 134 from my fiancee as well as she just graduated and didnt have a job at the time of fileing but does now.

- DS-160 with passport photo clipped to top as pic would not upload grrr along with a copy of the DS - 160

- DS-230

- 3 copies of letter of intent from myself and 3 from my fiancess

- DS-156 3 copies plus 3 copies of DS 156K

- Letter from NVC with INS Receipt number

- Copy of my faincess father's birth certif ( he's our affidavit of support)

- 5 pictures of us together, receipt for engagment ring plus multiple plane tickets as proof I was there

- I also have a random page with a bar code on it? says US department of state supplement to Nonimmigrant visa application, please be sure to submit this page witht he rest of your application, has my name and a bar code on it, then has my most recent visits to the states in a box numbers 29 on it then box 30 says additional visa issuances and bos 31 has additional visa refusals.

Am I missing anything? or do I need any more copys of anything??

Any input would be great but this is everything that I've got so far

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't see any mention of your fiance's original birth cert - is that not required anymore? I'm not sure if you submitted copies of it or not.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wasn't asked for the USC birth certificate, nor were recent interviewees, but it seems some VJers in the past have been asked for it. If it's not too much trouble you might want to bring it although I don't think they ask for it anymore. Better to be safe than sorry.

It looks like you have more than enough, but do you have supporting evidence for the affidavit of support? They need your fiance's most recent tax return or tax transcripts, at least.

I had my interview on the 11th, you can check out my really detailed review here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/324955-detailed-montreal-interview-review-for-august-11-2011/

Edited by pocheros

Timeline

I wasn't asked for the USC birth certificate, nor were recent interviewees, but it seems some VJers in the past have been asked for it. If it's not too much trouble you might want to bring it although I don't think they ask for it anymore. Better to be safe than sorry.

It looks like you have more than enough, but do you have supporting evidence for the affidavit of support? They need your fiance's most recent tax return or tax transcripts, at least.

I had my interview on the 11th, you can check out my really detailed review here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/324955-detailed-montreal-interview-review-for-august-11-2011/

Thanks for the info, had no idea that I needed their tax return I just have the I 134 papers, I'll get the tax return.

I'm going to get my fiancee to fax me a copy of her birth certif just to be safe

Timeline

Thanks for the info, had no idea that I needed their tax return I just have the I 134 papers, I'll get the tax return.

I'm going to get my fiancee to fax me a copy of her birth certif just to be safe

Ah :) You might want gather extra evidence too- my fiance included letters from his employer and bank (as described in the instructions for the I-134) but it might be a little late for that now. However -I think- they mostly care about the 2010 tax return. You might want to include some pay stubs too, and if she has a 401K maybe a printout (if she can view it online) showing how much money is in there.

Edit: Also make sure you fiance signed the affidavit of support in her FULL name.

Edited by pocheros

Timeline

Ah :) You might want gather extra evidence too- my fiance included letters from his employer and bank (as described in the instructions for the I-134) but it might be a little late for that now. However -I think- they mostly care about the 2010 tax return. You might want to include some pay stubs too, and if she has a 401K maybe a printout (if she can view it online) showing how much money is in there.

Edit: Also make sure you fiance signed the affidavit of support in her FULL name.

Ughh she didn't sign her middle name!!! is this going to be a problem? I never include my middle name in my signature neither does she.

Timeline

Ughh she didn't sign her middle name!!! is this going to be a problem? I never include my middle name in my signature neither does she.

I'm not sure but the instructions state that it should be signed in her full name- that's why it doesn't have to be done before a notary. But honestly I don't know if it will cause any problems. I don't want to worry you unnecessarily >_>;; I was really ####### about the whole process so... Maybe someone else can chime in? I probably shouldn't have mentioned it.

Edited by pocheros

I'm not sure but the instructions state that it should be signed in her full name- that's why it doesn't have to be done before a notary. But honestly I don't know if it will cause any problems. I don't want to worry you unnecessarily >_>;; I was really ####### about the whole process so... Maybe someone else can chime in? I probably shouldn't have mentioned it.

My fiance didn't sign his middle name, so I wouldn't worry there!

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Thanks, did you need the USC birth certif?

Any idea if having a 2010 tax return is enough or do I need more from the sponsor?

I had his birth certificate, though I wasn't asked for it. And my fiance doesn't work so we had a letter of enrollment from his school and for our co-sponsor we had her 2008, 2009 and 2010 tax transcripts and a statement of her retirement deposits. They only took the 2010 transcript and the retirement statement. That being said, this was Montreal, so I can't say about Vancouver.

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Timeline

actually, I believe a notary is not required, not because of the full name requirement, but because there is a clause on the form that makes the signee strictly liable for perjury if it is not their signature or if there are any misrepresentations.

12/3/10 - I-129f mailed to Texas

12/10/10 - NOA1 - Petition off to California

04/14/11 - NOA2

04/25/11 - NVC sent petition to Montreal

05/02/11 - Montreal receipt, Packet 3 sent

05/04/11 - P3 docs off to Montreal

05/05/11 - P3 docs delivered to Montreal

05/09/11 - P3 logged in Montreal and Packet 4 sent

08/03/11 - Interview - APPROVED

08/05/11 - Visa Issued (Printed)

08/17/11 - Visa-in-hand

08/18/11 - POE

Timeline

Thanks, did you need the USC birth certif?

Any idea if having a 2010 tax return is enough or do I need more from the sponsor?

I was the USC, and they did not ask for my birth cert.

With regard to the affidavit of support, the more evidence you have the better. Like ralyse, I was Montreal, so I can't be 100% sure about the requirements for Vancouver either. I was asked specifically for tax returns, but they were unavailable. Thankfully, my affidavit of support was accepted without any tax returns, and instead I had pay-stubs from my job which I've had since Jan. 2011. I had a co-sponsor as well, which is possibly why they accepted my pay-stubs. I didn't use any tax returns for my co-sponsor either though. Instead, I had statements from their financial adviser, employer, and bank, along with supporting documents regarding available funds.

Basically, as long as you are able to demonstrate there are sufficient funds available to prevent your fiancee from becoming a public charge, you will be fine.

That being said, the more evidence you can bring the better, just to ensure your bases are covered. As it is up to their discretion, a single year of tax returns may be sufficient. Though, if that tax return demonstrated an income of extremely close to the 125% limit, they may require more information to ensure that a steady income exists.

12/3/10 - I-129f mailed to Texas

12/10/10 - NOA1 - Petition off to California

04/14/11 - NOA2

04/25/11 - NVC sent petition to Montreal

05/02/11 - Montreal receipt, Packet 3 sent

05/04/11 - P3 docs off to Montreal

05/05/11 - P3 docs delivered to Montreal

05/09/11 - P3 logged in Montreal and Packet 4 sent

08/03/11 - Interview - APPROVED

08/05/11 - Visa Issued (Printed)

08/17/11 - Visa-in-hand

08/18/11 - POE

Timeline

Ralyse & Missing, thanks for pointing those things out! :) You always come to my rescue lol.

Like the others, I brought the USC birth certificate original but they did not ask for it. And like the others, I went to Montreal, so Vancouver might be a bit different.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.