jessicaDiana

unsure of question on I-129F?

5 posts in this topic

hey everyone

i just have a quick question im sure its an obvious question but im still very unsure. me and my fiance already filed for our k-1 visa over a mont ago and we already got our noa1 hardcopy. i was going over some of the questions and taking a glance at my copy that i filled out of our I-129F and the questions where it asks about you mother and father like "where was your father born" "when and where was your mother born". i was looking at those and i dont speak to my father or see hm so i had to ask my mother where he was born. she was unsure but she told me to put down what she though. me and my family are all from canada and my mother told me to put down vancouver, which i did, but she nor i was 100% sure. now, im pretty sure a question like that wont effect the visa, but i dont know this for sure. i also when listing down my past jobs had to try my best in my head to say when i started and left the jobs ( i have a record in the past from going to job to job and only staying for about a month or so at each and had very lttle paperwork of when i started and when i had quit). so i had to rough it out on those questions aswelll just for the when i started and when i quit.

the answers i gave in my I-129F about my fathers unsure birthplace and my being unsure about when i started and quit a job but tried the best in my head to remember. WOULD THIS EFFECT THE K-1 APPROVAL? everythng else i answered on the I-129f i know is a 100% correct. i was just asking a queston like this because i know everything has to be perfect on these documents..

(i hope i made sense in my question, and added enough detail, i had a little but of a hard time explaining this)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It won't affect the approval. All you can do is answer the questions to the best of your knowledge. Just make sure your fiance(e) has the same information at the interview.

K-1 Visa
04-29-2011: I-129F Sent
05-05-2011: I-129F NOA1
07-18-2011: I-129F NOA2
08-08-2011: NVC Received
08-09-2011: NVC Left
08-10-2011: Consulate Received
08-26-2011: Consulate mailed Packet 3 (invitation letter)
09-01-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in US
09-10-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in Mexico
09-22-2011: Interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-04-2011: DHL Waybill number appears in the afternoon
10-05-2011: Picked up visa from DHL office
11-08-2011: POE Houston, Texas
11-19-2011: Married!

AOS
12-06-2011: Applied for Social Security Number
12-08-2011: AOS package sent (I-485, I-765, I-131, and supporting docs)
12-12-2011: Received Social Security Number and card in the mail
12-20-2011: Received NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131
01-06-2012: Completed ASC appointment
02-02-2012: Received appointment notice for AOS interview on March 1, 2012
03-01-2012: Green card interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-10-2012: Green card received

ROC

12-27-2013: I-751 Sent

01-02-2014: Received NOA1 for I-751

01-24-2014: Completed ASC appointment

04-01-2014: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no interview)

CITIZENSHIP

11-14-2016: N-400 Sent

05-19-2017: Naturalization interview:  APPROVED!!!!!!!

06-28-2017: Citizenship ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

you should be fine. if you would have answered the question with a n/a or none answer then depending on the officer going over your application you might have gotten an rfe because he/she wanted to be a pain.

on the question about your work dates it should be a problem.

so to answer your question: your 2 question will not affect the approval/denial of your k1 in no way.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

hey everyone

i just have a quick question im sure its an obvious question but im still very unsure. me and my fiance already filed for our k-1 visa over a mont ago and we already got our noa1 hardcopy. i was going over some of the questions and taking a glance at my copy that i filled out of our I-129F and the questions where it asks about you mother and father like "where was your father born" "when and where was your mother born". i was looking at those and i dont speak to my father or see hm so i had to ask my mother where he was born. she was unsure but she told me to put down what she though. me and my family are all from canada and my mother told me to put down vancouver, which i did, but she nor i was 100% sure. now, im pretty sure a question like that wont effect the visa, but i dont know this for sure. i also when listing down my past jobs had to try my best in my head to say when i started and left the jobs ( i have a record in the past from going to job to job and only staying for about a month or so at each and had very lttle paperwork of when i started and when i had quit). so i had to rough it out on those questions aswelll just for the when i started and when i quit.

the answers i gave in my I-129F about my fathers unsure birthplace and my being unsure about when i started and quit a job but tried the best in my head to remember. WOULD THIS EFFECT THE K-1 APPROVAL? everythng else i answered on the I-129f i know is a 100% correct. i was just asking a queston like this because i know everything has to be perfect on these documents..

(i hope i made sense in my question, and added enough detail, i had a little but of a hard time explaining this)

This should not be an issue but the questions about your father were on the G325a form, not the I-129F.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I emailed the Embassy and asked them about a mispelling of my fiancees' mothers first name on her birth certificate. I told them we wanted to follow the birth certificate spelling. I think I told them she had a passport already too so maybe that helped.

The reply I got back stated that : This process is about my fiancee, not the mother. It should be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.