Angie&Steven

I Don't Want To Forget ANYTHING!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Did your visa approval got delay because you forgot to include any documentation that was not listed? What was it?

Or, did you realize that after you enter the USA, you didn't bring a paper with you that was very important for the AOS process, or to get a Job, or to study,etc?

I am recently starting this process, and I would really appreciate if people tell me about paperwork that they surprisingly ask for, or that you might have not think of until the interview date, or after you were already in the USA.

I want to take advantage of my time, and start gathering all this documents while I am in my country.

Copies of the beneficiary's birth certificate, medical records, and any other documents from their country that are hard to get. A passport valid for more than 4 years might be a good idea so the beneficiary does not have to worry about renewing it unitl after naturalization.

Good luck and hope all goes well,

Dave

Even persons using Lawyers get REFS

Overload I had REF's during the process I did everything y self however teh interview was really easy due to document and prove overload.

Read and read some more .

Remember certy transalation on all Colombian Documents

good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Don't forget to get her birth certificate translated. We are done with everything including the biometrics, but we forgot to get that translated, so it's holding us up a bit.

Jason & Yudi

Even persons using Lawyers get REFS

Overload I had REF's during the process I did everything y self however teh interview was really easy due to document and prove overload.

Read and read some more .

Remember certy transalation on all Colombian Documents

good luck

Hello, thank you for your response. I was reading that you had a second interview. Why did that happen? Did you leave the medical documents in the taxi cab? How does that work? Do they send the medical results directly to the embassy? or do you bring them with you on the interview date?...

Once again, thank you!!! :thumbs:

Don't forget to get her birth certificate translated. We are done with everything including the biometrics, but we forgot to get that translated, so it's holding us up a bit.

Jason & Yudi

Thank you for the advice... I will definetely put that in my to do list right now!!!!

Copies of the beneficiary's birth certificate, medical records, and any other documents from their country that are hard to get. A passport valid for more than 4 years might be a good idea so the beneficiary does not have to worry about renewing it unitl after naturalization.

Good luck and hope all goes well,

Dave

Thank You!

:thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Angie you've got a long long way to go...patience is the key. It's also important to follow the instructions. You shouldn't have problems with the petition...it's the interview at the embassy that's critical...make sure he's there. Take a deep breath and before you realize it you'll be in the United States adjusting your status.

No they dont send them to the embassy she will bring them to them .

My taxi driver took of with a bag that had the documents it took us 24 hrs to get them back and a re chedule to drop documents .

Making 2nd appoitment was easy in colombia , The date was bad extra 2 weeks to wait . However we knew she was approve the first interview . They woldnt issue the visa untill she wend back and drop the medical Doc.

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.