Electric86

it's official, i hate the i-134

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

This form seems so simple, but the supporting documents have been such a pain...I read somewhere it's beneficial to send a letter from your bank stating the date of opening your checking account (or whatever account your paychecks are put in), the deposits for the past year, and current balance.

My bank will not do this. I have checked different branches, called the 1-800 number, checked online...Is this info mandatory? Is there a summarized version (perhaps one my bank's willing to make?) I can submit?

I will do any amount of paperwork to get my fiance here, but I am excited for this particular form to be complete!! Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you qualify on income no need for any asset information.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

I had the same problem with a mutual fund company in trying to get the date of death value of my Mother's account. What a royal PITA some financial instutitions can be. I would 1) show them that the US government wants a letter on their letter head with the requested inforamtion; 2) if they refuse threaten to move my money to a bank that will give me such a letter; 3) ask to speak with a manager or someone high up the food chain; 4) follow thru on #2 if they still refuse after about 5 minutes. It is my money and they are to serve me, not the other way around. When you called the 1800 number how high up the chain did you get? I would go all the way to the president or CEO of the bank.

If your income is above the 125% of poverty level (I know it is only 100% for the I-134) I would just submit tax transtranscripts, paystubs, a letter from your employer and forget about the bank letter for now, but I would still persue this just in case.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I qualified on income but wanted to provide everything to hedge my bets and not give any reason for an RFE. All of my banks provided statements for me with no problem. So would only mail it to me but when I described it they told me it is called a statement of deposit. When I used that term each bank complied. I was told once that all they are looking for is activity patterns.

K-1 Visa
I-129F NOA1: 2010-02-16 Approved 239 days from I-129F NOA1 date!
Interview Date: 2010-10-13

Visa Received: 2010-10-20
Marriage: 2010-12-12

nx03ix4cky8.png

AOS/EAD/AP
I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent: 2011-01-10
Bio. Appt: 2011-02-16
EAD/AP Approval Date:
2011-03-11 Approved in 60 days!
Interview Date: 2011-06-10
Approval Date:
2011-06-20 AOS was Approved in 5 months, 6 days!
ROC
Mailed I-751: 3/20/2013

Approved: 8/5/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.