AKSinghSingh79

Are there any success stories from India?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Lately on this forum I've been seeing depressing, horror stories of rejection or placement into AR/AP when dealing with the consulates in India, particularly the one in Delhi (which so happens to be the one we will be dealing with).

I have seen a few successful stories so I'm asking you guys, what are some tips for the success of our K-1?

Right now I'm seeing several obstacles with our case that may become a problem down the line.

-When Kirpal was working in Thailand, he traveled a lot for work including entering and exiting Thailand multiple times to renew his visa

- In the 3 years that we have been together, we spent 14 consecutive months apart

-I only worked at the place I met my fiance for one month

-He applied for an F-1 visa two times and was rejected

-Our photos do not have electronic dates on them

-Neither of us have had steady employment or a steady residence from the last 5 years (mostly due to jumping around a lot with jobs because neither of us can find permanent work in our fields)

-We are an interracial couple

-Kirpal is a Hindu, I am a Christian

However, we also have a lot of good things that could go in our favor

-We met in person while we were working together and spent a year together in the U.S. while he was on a J-1, allowing our relationship to progress naturally as an average couple would

-I met him once while he was working in Thailand and spent 2 and 1/2 months with him

-Our families both approve of the relationship and the future marriage

-We already have some evidence of our future wedding plans

-We have plenty of evidence of an ongoing relationship

The question is how to play up the good points while pushing aside the potentially damaging facts?

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I think you might get a lot of different answers to all your concerns/question about the embassy.

I can only provide info on what I know about Delhi.

My close friend petitioned for his fiancee to be interviewed at Delhi once approved by USCIS and NVC.

He did not have any problems, mostly because he/she were both from the same region in India (Delhi) - ofcourse in the case of my friend, he moved to the US long back.

Nevertheless, things have always been a bit sketchy when it comes to inter-racial marriage in India.

If you do your homework about this, it isn't the norm. So already its going to be an uphill battle.

You have already mentioned things that are working against you...

- lack of steady jobs, jumping around for stable jobs, etc..

But what works in your favor is that both parents (yours and his i assume), approve of the relationship. Great. Now the next thing would be to (whenever required or asked for), provide affidavits from parents on both sides that the relationship is legitimate and that they approve this relationship.

One of the things that can work in your favor is if you can provide proof of having spent some time with Kirpal and his parents together (in photos). If this wasn't sent as part of your K1 petition packet, hope is not lost. Kirpal can provide that as evidence claiming "look here's proof that she has spent time with our family and that they approve it... moreover, here are the affidavits to back them up".

You guys also have plans for marriage in the USA. It would be my suggestion to documents these plans, such as reservations for a banquet for the reception, etc or a chapel etc (depending on the type of wedding you're planning to have). Whatever it, if you have plans, and can truthfully present them to the interviewing officer, the scrutiny will be that much less of a scrutiny.

Also, this is important. Relax. I don't know what field of education you're from but I'm a software developer. And over the course of the years, I've learnt that when people post, as you have posted, they generally have "questions" or "concerns" or an actual "problem" at their hand which they do not want to solve. Even though most of the things you read here happen to be "not-so-good-experiences" with the mumbai/delhi embassies, I'm sure there are many people who have a very good experience and simply do not post back here. Like I said, breathe a little easier and relax.

You're primary concern after having sent your petition, is to make sure that between the NOA1 and the Interview data, you and Kirpal have a good solid proof of your relationship. Spend time together, have fun, and as much as you can document these things. Now that you're aware, take pics with a camera that allows for digtal date/time imprinting while the picture is being taken. Small things will add up.

As i said, your biggest asset is the approval and the backing of Kirpal's parents. You need to somehow have this documented so that Kirpal doesn't get scrutinized.

That being said, I think you guys will be fine. That being said, as long as your (just yours alone) income meets the minimum poverty level requirement you two should be fine.

Best of luck.

regards,

Chigs

Spoiler

N400 Journey:

01-Mar-2017: Filed N400 Application

08-Mar-2017: Check Cashed

08-Mar-2017: NOA

06-Apr-2017: Early FingerPrints (Orig: 12-Apr-2017)

10-Apr-2017: Case In Line for Interview

10-Sep-2017: Interview Scheduled

20-Oct-2017: Interview, recommended for approval

01-Dec-2017: In line for Oath

08-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony Scheduled SMS/Email

19-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I think you might get a lot of different answers to all your concerns/question about the embassy.

I can only provide info on what I know about Delhi.

My close friend petitioned for his fiancee to be interviewed at Delhi once approved by USCIS and NVC.

He did not have any problems, mostly because he/she were both from the same region in India (Delhi) - ofcourse in the case of my friend, he moved to the US long back.

Nevertheless, things have always been a bit sketchy when it comes to inter-racial marriage in India.

If you do your homework about this, it isn't the norm. So already its going to be an uphill battle.

You have already mentioned things that are working against you...

- lack of steady jobs, jumping around for stable jobs, etc..

But what works in your favor is that both parents (yours and his i assume), approve of the relationship. Great. Now the next thing would be to (whenever required or asked for), provide affidavits from parents on both sides that the relationship is legitimate and that they approve this relationship.

One of the things that can work in your favor is if you can provide proof of having spent some time with Kirpal and his parents together (in photos). If this wasn't sent as part of your K1 petition packet, hope is not lost. Kirpal can provide that as evidence claiming "look here's proof that she has spent time with our family and that they approve it... moreover, here are the affidavits to back them up".

You guys also have plans for marriage in the USA. It would be my suggestion to documents these plans, such as reservations for a banquet for the reception, etc or a chapel etc (depending on the type of wedding you're planning to have). Whatever it, if you have plans, and can truthfully present them to the interviewing officer, the scrutiny will be that much less of a scrutiny.

Also, this is important. Relax. I don't know what field of education you're from but I'm a software developer. And over the course of the years, I've learnt that when people post, as you have posted, they generally have "questions" or "concerns" or an actual "problem" at their hand which they do not want to solve. Even though most of the things you read here happen to be "not-so-good-experiences" with the mumbai/delhi embassies, I'm sure there are many people who have a very good experience and simply do not post back here. Like I said, breathe a little easier and relax.

You're primary concern after having sent your petition, is to make sure that between the NOA1 and the Interview data, you and Kirpal have a good solid proof of your relationship. Spend time together, have fun, and as much as you can document these things. Now that you're aware, take pics with a camera that allows for digtal date/time imprinting while the picture is being taken. Small things will add up.

As i said, your biggest asset is the approval and the backing of Kirpal's parents. You need to somehow have this documented so that Kirpal doesn't get scrutinized.

That being said, I think you guys will be fine. That being said, as long as your (just yours alone) income meets the minimum poverty level requirement you two should be fine.

Best of luck.

regards,

Chigs

Thanks for taking the time to post this. Very helpful information.

Why is it that interracial couples have such a difficult time in India? Is it an issue of fraud?

My approach to problems is being as prepared as possible before tackling a difficult scenario. I don't like dealing with USCIS haphazardly because they don't allow much room for errors. I've even considered waiting to file the petition and gathering more evidence if it were to work in our favor.

Also, I have not met Kirpal's parents yet. When I went to Thailand, only he was there. I do plan on going to India soon, in the middle of our pending petition approval and also when he gets a date for his interview.

Hopefully we will be able to lead a normal life together soon. I'm so stressed out and the process has not even commenced yet.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Lately on this forum I've been seeing depressing, horror stories of rejection or placement into AR/AP when dealing with the consulates in India, particularly the one in Delhi (which so happens to be the one we will be dealing with).

I have seen a few successful stories so I'm asking you guys, what are some tips for the success of our K-1?

Right now I'm seeing several obstacles with our case that may become a problem down the line.

-When Kirpal was working in Thailand, he traveled a lot for work including entering and exiting Thailand multiple times to renew his visa

- In the 3 years that we have been together, we spent 14 consecutive months apart

-I only worked at the place I met my fiance for one month

-He applied for an F-1 visa two times and was rejected

-Our photos do not have electronic dates on them

-Neither of us have had steady employment or a steady residence from the last 5 years (mostly due to jumping around a lot with jobs because neither of us can find permanent work in our fields)

-We are an interracial couple

-Kirpal is a Hindu, I am a Christian

However, we also have a lot of good things that could go in our favor

-We met in person while we were working together and spent a year together in the U.S. while he was on a J-1, allowing our relationship to progress naturally as an average couple would

-I met him once while he was working in Thailand and spent 2 and 1/2 months with him

-Our families both approve of the relationship and the future marriage

-We already have some evidence of our future wedding plans

-We have plenty of evidence of an ongoing relationship

The question is how to play up the good points while pushing aside the potentially damaging facts?

All I can say... the very fact that he applied for F-1 and got rejected will looked upon as he trying to migrate to US, using you as a stepping stone!Your race/religion will be working against you....try to meet more and have solid evidence of ongoing relationship. Good Luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.