gretchen_darren

trying to be upbeat

225 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes, I am taking PAL and southwest. Because of this being POE, I was being concious of the time to get through customs. SFO and LAX just have the arrival and departure within an hour of each other. Las Vegas would be good had I taken Us Airways ( might still book with them and keep the southwest for later). Southwest does not offer transfer service so I have to claim the bags. I talked with SLCMEC a couple of times via email. The vaccinations and TB shot should outweigh any concerns they may have. However, the information I have is always subject to the medical staff on duty. Nothing is a given. I just know there is no history of TB in her area.

As for work, I told my manager the amount I am out of, and the fact 99% is non-refundable. He also knows how much I was looking forward to this. then you to the fact this all happened right around my birthday.... i thought last year was bad.... Can we suspend birthdays for awhile????

Darren just curious? Why are you having the POE at San Francisco, then change plans to LA, then Phoenix? Seems to me like a lot of changing Planes. I know the POE for you will have to be either San francisco, LA, or LasVegas, then cant you get just one change to Phoenix? I have flown Southwest to phoenix many times!:yes:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So just after making all of my travel plans and bookings, the guy who works with me at the site serves his 2 week notice. (and I leave in 3 weeks for vacation.) Had I waited 24 hours more to book, I could easily have just adjusted things until we find someone. Now, I have spent all of this money. The hotels are at peak season. Hotel cost is about $1500. two rooms in manila for 6 days, 1 room in butuan for 9 days. (and it was hard getting a room at the hotel un butuan.) The airline tickets are non-refundable. Airline tickets alone were $3309 (round trip for me, one way for her, and 4 round trip flights between butuan and manila, of which I used my frequent flier miles to get two free round trip tickets.) So now I am in the hole for $4500 if my job tells me I cannot go plus I gave my word. She is going around saying how she is leaving shortly.

Start rescheduling and re booking, explain to everyone.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A common-sense reminder from the U.S. Embassy Manila:

Do not finalize arrangements for travel to the United States, dispose of properties, or resign from your job until a visa has been issued and delivered to you.

My link.

No doubt! You never know what kind of monkey wrench is going to be thrown in the works...might as well play it safe. Nothing in life goes as planned.

Had I jumped the gun and made plans months in advance, I would have definitely been out a lot of money and possibly lost my fiancee. She didn't pass her LET exam and her parent's house burned down. If she had passed her exam, she would have been home in the house when it caught fire...who knows what would have happened. The LET is real important to her, so she is staying until she can take it again and then flying here 2 days later. It was crushing to me at the time learning she wouldn't be here when I expected...but all things happen for a reason.

Darren, try to stay positive about your trip and possible delays...it will work out.

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

tarsier.jpgpalms.jpgmmf.jpgch.jpgnv.jpgpalm.jpg

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Yes, I am aware I may fly home alone. Nothing is impossible. However, I hope we have avoided the Spetum test by her having her TB immunization 3 months ago. (I paid for her TB immunization and some other major immunizations as well.) We have done a lot while waiting to get her ready for St. Lukes. when I saw her x-ray, I am glad we got her the TB shot.

Can you ' avoid the sputum test' requirements by merely being immunized?.

Also it's worrying that there was a ' blemish' on her x-ray, as it's my understanding that the 'TB shot' won't do much if TB is already present. A sputum test would have solved this and for just the cost of the test and antibiotics if needed. I hope this does not pose a problem for her at the medical or interview. Why didn't she just do the sputum test?

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Sounds like your job is trying to screw you over, i wouldn't put up with it. I would tell the boss things are planned and you are going like it or not

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

james_dean04.jpg

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if they had a problem during her check-up, the clinic would have given her the spetum test. You cannot get the TB immunization shot while having any traces of TB. You have to be clean of all TB. She also has her Hep A shots and a few others. (3 months of Hep A done)

I am hoping all goes well. We have done a lot of prep work. I just know I had planned two short trips (one for embassy and one weekend 3 weeks later), but asked my manager for his input and we decided on one long trip. (If she has to go through a procedure at St. Lukes, I do not know what we will do. I am just taking one step at a time. Believing she will p[#### St. Lukes and the embassy and CFO

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

oh and I am going through vegas to philippines. SFO and LAX are other options, but not enough time on the way back, not for first entry.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

What are your plans after the interview as far as, where is she going to be when she receives her visa from the 2go service? Monreal stayed in Manila just to avoid any mail complications. I didn't trust the mail would get her visa all the way across the islands. She did her interview on a wednesday and had her visa in her hand the following wednesday.

Timeline

we are staying in manila through Saturday morning. Just in case anything goes awry and we need an extra day or two. I am also hoping the CO might let us pick up at the embassy. (I am taking my college schedule plus work schedule hoping the CO will allow the pickup at the embassy. I do not expect to be able to pick up at the embassy but no harm in asking though.)

We are going back to butuan on Saturday and wait out the visa if it ships. We will track it on 2go to know when to be at the village for it to be delivered. We expect delivery around 5 to 8 days after interview at the village. Her parents will be with us in manila. So if something comes up, we can discuss and deal with it right then. We can make plans and execute those plans.

As for CFO sticker, I have options: a) we get before leaving manila because we got visa from embassy, B) we get on departure through manila NAIA terminal 2, C)after getting visa delivered, we fly to manila next morning and get sticker, then fly back in the afternoon/evening. d) take a ferry to cebu and back.

our POE is vegas, (airbus A340-300) Vegas gives us more options for flights and times to phoenix. I have allotted 3 hours, but there are a couple of later flights if we need it. If we get done quickly, southwest might put us on an earlier flight. Plus Vegas flight is less layover at manila. SFO and LAX only gave us an hour to get through customs, drop bags, go through security, and get on the plane. I love the 777 and 747 but just not enough connection time in US. (In SFO, it might be possible as I have done it. But I have heard customs interviews you. So all bets on SFO are off. LAX there is just no way. I could fly another airline, but means changing terminals in manila, which I do not like. Also, we could change planes in Vancouver making POE Phoenix, but only have one hour to change planes and from the layout of Vancouver, it looks like a nightmare to get through.) What I like most about PAL is I drop my bags in butuan, and do not see luggage until US Customs.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

A common-sense reminder from the U.S. Embassy Manila:

Do not finalize arrangements for travel to the United States, dispose of properties, or resign from your job until a visa has been issued and delivered to you.

My link.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is to just GET her to the embassy ON TIME. :bonk: :bonk: with medical, CFO, and embassy. This is not to bring her home (although I can hope. the bring her home is only one small part of the trip.) The main thrust of the trip is finishing the Embassy interview plus spending time together before she comes to America.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Whatever you say !!! :lol:

...but it's 'not the main thrust' of the trip..... :blink:

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

She is going around saying how she is leaving shortly.

...but it's 'not the main thrust' of the trip..... :blink:

Darren's fiancée might be surprised to hear that !!! :o

Timeline

Darren's fiancée might be surprised to hear that !!! :o

: 0 X ......must resist. typing.....must. leave.thread.now.

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.