gretchen_darren

trying to be upbeat

225 posts in this topic

called the embassy. They approved the Visa, Plus printed and issued the Visa on Wednesday. So we are going to check with 2go to see where it is. It may beat us back to her village. :thumbs: :thumbs:

wow, I hope my interview will go smooth as well. I'm really happy that Gretchen and Darren will be together and married soon :thumbs: I'm sure Darren you're feeling way relieved knowing the visa is on transit or issued now. God bless to the rest of your journey.

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats. Your aplication will be at NVC in 2 weeks. Then move to the embassy. You will have her in the USA in just a few more weeks. Best wishes to a speedy journey from here.

Thank you. You are still on your journey though. Just the next phase, get her here and see her discover this new place we call home in usa :) Enjoy her Enjoy each other!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hehe, I hope things go well. Just waiting to see. We got back to butuan today. Just as I expected the Dad asked for money to go home. Leave me and Gretchen at the hotel thinking I am "tired". HEHE, me ready to go all night....Also, right after lunch the mom disappeared, seems she went to get her hair done right after we landed, checked into the hotel, and ate lunch. Just wonder about the money. Wonder how much gretchen has left of the 7,000 php I gave her earlier this week. Or maybe it is other money from her weekly allotment. The family is concerned about something in the village. they are very concerned over the people and things I will be seeing. This week is me seeing the village and how the fmaily and others are interacting. I am checking many, many things this week. today, has raised some questions for me in light of some past things.

(Gretchen's mom is a "loaner", Gretchen's mom took out a loan for a new "entertainment center" in the house. Just after I sent them money to assist getting blocks for building a new kitchen. I had encouraged Gretchen not to borrow any money for anything. Not knowing her mom was a "loaner". So I am going into the hornet's nest. I am going to see everything going on. My concern is the village has flooded 2 times this year already to their doorstep both times. One major typhoon, and their house will be wiped out. Just concerned they are investing in things which will not be good. they are not investing in things to make them more productive or building a house in a better location. Nor do they seem to save money. These things bother me. but that is just because of my teaching from my parents and grandparents from the "great depressions era". My biggest concern is if the bank knows Gretchen is leaving . the Bank could call the family's loan to be paid or Gretchen cannot leave. At that point, I would have a hard decision. Because I have bills at home to pay, and I have no idea how much the fmaily owes. They say everyone in the village has loans. To which I pointed out to her, not everyone is leaving the village for the USA either. So far there has not been problems. But the week at home in the village is still young. they know I will be coming to the village one way or another. they cannot stop it. they also know a person with who there has been contention is like a sister to me since I am good friends with her mom and step-dad back home. My car is at their house. This will be an interesting week.)

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

HEHE, me ready to go all night....

Ready to go where? :huh: Where can you go "all night"? :unsure:

:o Wait a Sec!! :o

:wacko: Eeeeewwww....you didn't have to share that. Too much information Mr. Grodie. :rolleyes:

(I'm gonna get some coffee and reply to the rest of your post. Be back in a bit. I need to think of something else so I an get that visual outta my mind...I'm thinking ergonomics. OK..coffee time.)

My biggest concern is if the bank knows Gretchen is leaving . the Bank could call the family's loan to be paid or Gretchen cannot leave. At that point, I would have a hard decision. Because I have bills at home to pay, and I have no idea how much the fmaily owes.

First off...The family's credit score and relationship with the bank / lender should / has improve(ed). 2 reasons. 1) Your relationship with their daughter and 2) money transmittal receipts. Don't sweat it. (Maybe ask the banker if payments are being made on time. Banker is probably ready to make more loans. ;) )

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

hehe, I hope things go well. Just waiting to see. We got back to butuan today. Just as I expected the Dad asked for money to go home. Leave me and Gretchen at the hotel thinking I am "tired". HEHE, me ready to go all night....Also, right after lunch the mom disappeared, seems she went to get her hair done right after we landed, checked into the hotel, and ate lunch. Just wonder about the money. Wonder how much gretchen has left of the 7,000 php I gave her earlier this week. Or maybe it is other money from her weekly allotment. The family is concerned about something in the village. they are very concerned over the people and things I will be seeing. This week is me seeing the village and how the fmaily and others are interacting. I am checking many, many things this week. today, has raised some questions for me in light of some past things.

(Gretchen's mom is a "loaner", Gretchen's mom took out a loan for a new "entertainment center" in the house. Just after I sent them money to assist getting blocks for building a new kitchen. I had encouraged Gretchen not to borrow any money for anything. Not knowing her mom was a "loaner". So I am going into the hornet's nest. I am going to see everything going on. My concern is the village has flooded 2 times this year already to their doorstep both times. One major typhoon, and their house will be wiped out. Just concerned they are investing in things which will not be good. they are not investing in things to make them more productive or building a house in a better location. Nor do they seem to save money. These things bother me. but that is just because of my teaching from my parents and grandparents from the "great depressions era". My biggest concern is if the bank knows Gretchen is leaving . the Bank could call the family's loan to be paid or Gretchen cannot leave. At that point, I would have a hard decision. Because I have bills at home to pay, and I have no idea how much the fmaily owes. They say everyone in the village has loans. To which I pointed out to her, not everyone is leaving the village for the USA either. So far there has not been problems. But the week at home in the village is still young. they know I will be coming to the village one way or another. they cannot stop it. they also know a person with who there has been contention is like a sister to me since I am good friends with her mom and step-dad back home. My car is at their house. This will be an interesting week.)

Their village flooded due to the enormous amount of rain, didn't it? I wouldn't worry too much about typhoons because I don't think she lives in a typhoon area, so the "only" worry would be about being safe from too much rain.

Do you plan to send money each month? I think you need to make it clear that the amount you send is all you can send each month. Perhaps when Gretchen gets there and sees how your finances really are then that will make it easier. You've already spent a lot of money on them, (probably too much but it was usually for good reason) and it's given everybody the impression that you're the area ATM. I think a set monthly limit can fix that problem for you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Seriously??? Just as I thought this story has ended good already now another chapter begins...

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.