appleegg

PACKET 4 QUESTION.....

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

aloha,

i was wondering where does the respective consulate send the packet 4? do they send it to the beneficiary in the usa (as they did with the packet 3) or do they send it to the petitioner in his or her foriegn country?

this is of a bit of concern for 2 reasons, firstly that my fiance lives in a very rural part of cambodia, and second, i know that the local post office likes to rifle through her incoming parcels.

can anyone tell me where they received the packet 4?

mahalo, apple

SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION - after my wife made it to the USA, family emergency neccesatated her immediate return to her home in cambodia. unfortunately before she was able to adjust her status, thus the case was abandanded. we now are filing both k-3 (married in usa) and have petioned both i-129f and 1-130 .....so, our "journey" has once again began. thank you for all your help and understanding - appleegg and sreyon.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2006-05-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-05-08

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-06-23

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-06-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-07-26

NVC Received : 2006-07-31

NVC Left : 2006-08-02

Consulate Received : 2006-08-09

Packet 3 Received : 2006-09-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-10-02

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2006-12-01

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Most likely it is sent to your SO. Advice or ask her to find a good address to where she can CARE OFF c/o the packet 4. Well I am quite not accurate about this,but I think other members can give you definite knowledge about this situation. Good luck!

Edited by blackpanther

aloha,

i was wondering where does the respective consulate send the packet 4? do they send it to the beneficiary in the usa (as they did with the packet 3) or do they send it to the petitioner in his or her foriegn country?

The petitioner is the USC, the beneficiary is the person who does not live in the U.S.

Packet 3 and 4 are sent to the beneficiary, since that is the person who needs the information.

Edited by pnd629

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

aloha,

The petitioner is the USC, the beneficiary is the person who does not live in the U.S.

Packet 3 and 4 are sent to the beneficiary, since that is the person who needs the information.

are you sure...i thought i was the petitioner of the 129-f application on the us side. and she in turn is the petitioner of the k-1 fiance visa ....at least that it how she was addressed on the packet 3 that i received from the bangkok-usa consulate.

just wondering if by chance anyone in the usa received the packet 4, as i did the packet 3.

and another thing, can packet 4 status be checked on line or at the least, the interview date?

mahalo, apple.

SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION - after my wife made it to the USA, family emergency neccesatated her immediate return to her home in cambodia. unfortunately before she was able to adjust her status, thus the case was abandanded. we now are filing both k-3 (married in usa) and have petioned both i-129f and 1-130 .....so, our "journey" has once again began. thank you for all your help and understanding - appleegg and sreyon.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2006-05-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-05-08

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-06-23

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-06-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-07-26

NVC Received : 2006-07-31

NVC Left : 2006-08-02

Consulate Received : 2006-08-09

Packet 3 Received : 2006-09-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-10-02

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2006-12-01

check the US consulate, BKK's website, the section for Cambodia specifically. I remember reading that BKK will NOT mail documents to Cambodia, ( due to high theft & MIA) and therefore packets 3 & 4 will be sent to the petitioner NOT the beneficiary. It will be up to you to make sure she gets it. They will not take the responsibility. I know this as I was living and working in cambodia and was going to try to do my journey via BKK.

good luck

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.