Raymondvo

Things need to do after came to the US?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

thanks for the link...instead of signing paperworks at the local court we're getting married in vegas in sept! the reception will be a few months away.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: Timeline

You can apply for the SSN before you get married. You need to get married in 90 days and then file for AOS.

So, we need to get marriage certificate before i can apply green card for my wife?

I need to apply green card for my wife within 90 days or i can do it after 90 days?

I'm currently unemployed and my weekly paycheck is $407 i wonder if it's enough income for i-864 or i need someone to co-sign me?

Thanks

Edited by Raymondvo

So, we need to get marriage certificate before i can apply green card for my wife?

I need to apply green card for my wife within 90 days or i can do it after 90 days?

I'm currently unemployed and my weekly paycheck is $407 i wonder if it's enough income for i-864 or i need someone to co-sign me?

Thanks

The requirement is to get married in 90 days for K1, then you can apply for AOS. You can apply for AOS anytime but the sooner the better...

Your 407/wk is $21,164/yr should be enough for 2 persons.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Hope this help..

Filed: Timeline

The requirement is to get married in 90 days for K1, then you can apply for AOS. You can apply for AOS anytime but the sooner the better...

Your 407/wk is $21,164/yr should be enough for 2 persons.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Hope this help..

My main concern is that although we're married officially and if her visa expired before she got the green card, so will she able to stay here?

How long it takes for someone to get the green card?

Thank you

My main concern is that although we're married officially and if her visa expired before she got the green card, so will she able to stay here?

Thank you

Not a problem, if you get married before the I94 expired (90 days) then you've fullfilled that requirement (remember the Letter of Intent?)

Typically, it takes approx. 4 months for the GC process.

Thank you

You really need to do a little bit of reading/research on your own before asking this type of question. A Visa is used to "enter" the US, not determine the legal immigration status of a person.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

First of all the K1 visa is expired as soon as she arrives on US soil. Secondly as long as you marry her before I-94 expires(90 days) she can stay in America. The GC process can take from 3 - 5 months. Your next step is to file AOS. In order to do that you need to follow the guidelines here in VJ. Obtain all the documents and file as soon as possible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.