carolineden11

Montreal Review August 2011

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

When I went for my interview I couldn't find a recent review for a K1 interview at the Montreal Consulate so I thought I would post one. To make things complicated, my appendix burst less than a week before my interview. I had to sign myself out of the hospital Sunday night so that my dad could drive me to Montreal on Monday and Tuesday for my interview Wednesday morning (my fiance is deployed otherwise he would have come with me). We stayed at the Omni which was nice and clean but could use a renovation. We arrived at the Consulate at 7am for an 8am appointment. There were only two couples ahead of us. I highly recommend that you arrive early because the line behind was quite long and I bet those people were there for several hours. The doors opened around 7:30. We went through security then sat down in a waiting room. Make sure you get a seat by the elevators because at this point it doesn't matter what order you were in outside (people were cutting each other). We got in the elevators about 10 minutes later. Go to the back of the elevator because the doors open on the opposite side. Once we arrived on the correct floor. We were directed to a line where we had to show our appointment letter and were assigned a number. The waiting room was large but quickly fills up. I was lucky to be the third person whose number was called. I walked up to a booth where they asked for my appointment letter and passport. Then they sent me to sit down again. My number was called up a second time to another booth and they took a bunch of my original documents then told me to sit down again. I waited for another 45 minutes or so until about 9:15. Then they called me to another booth. This booth was actually set deeper inside a little room and was the interview. The girl asked me how we met, where we were getting married, why were getting married there, and the name of the resort we were getting married at. Then she quietly said "your visa has been approved". I had to ask her to repeat herself because I couldn't believe it. I was given a sheet of paper with instruction and told to leave. So all in all it was a very difficult process but I think that was mostly from having a burst appendix. There was a lot of stairs and a lot of walking for someone who just got out of the hospital. The interview itself went pretty smoothly. Hopefully this will be helpful to someone. I know this website has been a great resource for me.

Congratulations! Sucks about the appendix but at least that's over :(

Just a question- did they not ask you for any proof of ongoing relationship? Reading other Montreal reviews on here, it looks like they don't, but I just want to make sure.

03/15/2011 - NOA1

05/31/2011 - NOA2

06/??/2011 - NVC received

06/14/2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal

06/20/2011 - Packet 3 sent from Mtl

06/27/2011 - Sent Packet 3 back

07/07/2011 - RFE for Packet 3 sent from Mtl

07/18/2011 - RFE sent to embassy

07/21/2011 - RFE logged

07/25/2011 - Packet 4 sent, interview date made

10/31/2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

11/11/2011 - Visa ready for pickup

12/21/2011 - POE

02/24/2012 - Married!

05/14/2012 - AOS, EAD, AP forms sent

05/21/2012 - NOA1

08/13/2012 - AOS interview...APPROVED!

07/21/2014 - I-751 filed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! Sucks about the appendix but at least that's over :(

Just a question- did they not ask you for any proof of ongoing relationship? Reading other Montreal reviews on here, it looks like they don't, but I just want to make sure.

They didn't ask me either. It might be good to bring some along just in case, i.e. if you're not losing anything by packing some extra photos or whatever. However, it seems like it's not required.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.