PhiLandShiR

For those whos parents have arrived here in the US

4 posts in this topic

More questions!!

After your parents arrived, is it correct to assume they had a Green Card in hand?

There was no visa applied to their passports? They entered the US on a Green Card?

Or did you need to apply for Green Cards?

Is there a time restriction on how long they need to be here before they can petition their minor children to come over?

If so, how long?

I see that the CSC is taking about 5 months to process the I-130s.

After they are approved. what happened next?

Can anyone provide a time line on the events that occur next?

Did the minor child(ren) need to go to Manila?

Were Green Cards issued there or did they just get passport stamps?

Thanks

-Phil

Edited by PhiLandShiR

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

First allow me to direct you to this site. You have posted similar questions elsewhere so maybe I can help some. Once your wife becomes a citizen she can petition for her mother to come to the US. The process is similar to bringing a wife to the US, she will file the I-130 petition and assorted other papers, pay the fees, the mother will interview in Manilla, if approved she will receive a VISA, after she arrives in the US she will receive a green card.

After the mother arrives she may petition for her children If they are unmarried. For the Philippines the wait is currently 2 1/2 years for children under 21 and about 10 years for children over 21. The child protection act may come into play depending when the petition was filed and the age of the child at the time but in your situation, having to wait for the wife to receive citizenship (about 1 year) and then petitioning for her mother (about 1 year) the children will probably be over 21 prior to a visa becoming available for them even with CSPA.

Everyone who wants to immigrate to the US must go through the process and receive a VISA. After their arrival in the US they either file to receive the green card or it is mailed to them automatically after their arrival. No one gets a green card at the embassy

Yes I have, thank you for the link.

Please explain how you arrived at the 2.5 year wait.

I am still looking for information on LPR mother petitioning her minor child.

-Phil

First allow me to direct you to this site. You have posted similar questions elsewhere so maybe I can help some. Once your wife becomes a citizen she can petition for her mother to come to the US. The process is similar to bringing a wife to the US, she will file the I-130 petition and assorted other papers, pay the fees, the mother will interview in Manilla, if approved she will receive a VISA, after she arrives in the US she will receive a green card.

After the mother arrives she may petition for her children If they are unmarried. For the Philippines the wait is currently 2 1/2 years for children under 21 and about 10 years for children over 21. The child protection act may come into play depending when the petition was filed and the age of the child at the time but in your situation, having to wait for the wife to receive citizenship (about 1 year) and then petitioning for her mother (about 1 year) the children will probably be over 21 prior to a visa becoming available for them even with CSPA.

Everyone who wants to immigrate to the US must go through the process and receive a VISA. After their arrival in the US they either file to receive the green card or it is mailed to them automatically after their arrival. No one gets a green card at the embassy

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Yes I have, thank you for the link.

Please explain how you arrived at the 2.5 year wait.

I am still looking for information on LPR mother petitioning her minor child.

-Phil

currently, visas are available for F2A's ( spouses and children of LPR) with a priority date of July 22, 2008.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5518.html

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.