---

How many times have you visited your fiance?

115 posts in this topic

I'm going back in 8 days to visit her for 6 days. While a plane ticket costs money, it turns out I can ship plenty of stuff back with me for free as excess baggage, and it comes out that my trip is actually CHEAPER than postage for the items, plus we get 6 days together!

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Three times so far this year...with a 4th trip schedule in three weeks.

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

We believe that pictures of you together with the non-USC family is helpful too.

yes that is true. however, me and my fiance mostly spent time togheter alone. im not close to my family, we've been to my place few times but there were no pictures. the ones that manage to have pictures with the non usc family are lucky. we're not antisocial lol, just like to keep all the time for ourselves, yes selfish i know :P

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Have any of you visited just once and gotten approved?

Just curious! Thanks :)

Yep. Once for 10 days.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Have any of you visited just once and gotten approved?

Just curious! Thanks :)

We are new on this Journey but we are willing to do and wait as long as it takes. Any suggestions, advice, answers are a blessing as we begin this Journey together... Thanks in advance for the response!

Here's Our Story... Morocco LOVES Colombia :)

We meet on the once popular Myspace! From all those people online we found each other with a click on the browse button; a sec would have made a difference of never meeting but we both believe it was meant to be... Love at first "site" :) We have talked since Aug, 2007... Because of our age at the time and our focus on school, we kept our relationship long distance. It was the only thing we could do and I also lost my Father. For those reasons we have never been able to meet in person but... I became a U.S. Citizen I am from Colombia and he is Moroccan but currently living in the U.K. now on a Student Visa for 2 years. We never lost touch and we have been glued to the computer for each other ever since and have grown closer and closer. Before anything we are best friends and he is a blessing in my life. On Aug, 2011 we decided to take our relationship to another level and we have decided to get married. Now 26 he 25. I am currently waiting on my U.S. Passport and I plan to travel to the U.K. and get married with him there. We have kept records of messages since 2007, pictures, money transfers, gifts, letters, and I'm currently having trouble getting my phone records of him calling me long distance with my Metro phone... :(IF THERE ARE OTHER WAYS OF OBTAINING THESE RECORDS PLEASE SHARE SUGGESTIONS...) TNK :) He's talked to my Mother and Family through Skype and asked for my hand in marriage and recorded that meeting and pictures of that moment. We plan to record the first time we meet at the airport and also of course the formal proposal in person, plus pictures with dates :)!!! AND The civil marriage it's self as proof for (K-3 or CR-1)... if that is the best route for us to take instead of the (K-1)? I also read that letters from friends and relatives with approving statements and supporting our relationship once in the interview process will help?! Do you guys know if the letters have to be typed or hand written and or notarized?

1) I'm not sure what is best for our situation. He's been living in the U.K. for 2 years on a student visa, will that favor us in any kind of way?

2) I think that asking for him as a Fiance (K-1) would be a little bit more difficult or take longer? Since we haven't met each other yet but will meet in Nov 11 and I will stay with him for like 3-4 months, we are really considering getting married in the U.K. instead thinking this will be more beneficial in our case because it might be the only time in a while that we can meet again... Does this mean I have to wait a while to file for him after we meet or I can file right away...?

(K-3)

3) I want to know when we meet in the U.K. get married and I'm planning on staying with him for like 3-4 months there; will that will be enough time to apply for him as my spouse (there at the U.S. Embassy) ? or I need to come back here and have to file from the State of Georgia?

4) Will he have to leave the U.K. and go to Morocco at any point since he is there in school and can lose his visa and not finish school or with the K-3 or CR-1 has the option of interviewing in the U.K?

WE JUST WANT THE FASTEST WAY POSSIBLE AND THE ONE THAT MIGHT MAKE US WAIT A LIL LONGER FOR HIS LEGAL STATUS TO CHANGE BUT WILL ALLOW US TO BE TOGETHER IN THE PROCESS... DON'T WE ALL WANT THAT! :)

GOD BLESS!

THANK YOU!

HERE WE GO!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are jumping the gun big time.

Meet first.

Do you have a visa to marry in the UK?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You are jumping the gun big time.

Meet first.

Do you have a visa to marry in the UK?

I got my visabiggrin.gifheart.gifwe're just trying to figure out the best thing for us after marriage and making sure we know and understand all the procedures to save time. It's good to ask questions and not wait till last minute you know..

Thank you. God bless.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

matched in Nov.. she was here for 2 weeks in Feb.. i was there for 2 weeks in August.. she will be here for 1 month in December.. so 3 times in 1 year :)

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I got my visabiggrin.gifheart.gifwe're just trying to figure out the best thing for us after marriage and making sure we know and understand all the procedures to save time. It's good to ask questions and not wait till last minute you know..

Thank you. God bless.

You said you did not have your passport yet.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You said you did not have your passport yet.

Sorry I was thinking at the time when I was waiting for it didn't mean to word it like that. wacko.gif But yes I have my passport, now I got my visa with the help of World Bridge Visa/UK Border Agency that is why I plan to go in November just right around the corner! biggrin.gif Thank you for the advice! God Bless.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Personally ... if you've only met once, I think .... IT'S NOT ENOUGH, AND YOU SHOULD BE DENIED A VISA.

HTF can you substantiate a concrete relationship, when you've only met just once in real life???

What a bunch of hogwash.

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

I guess every case is different. I only visited once, and I don't think this is going to be an issue. I know many that married women from the Philippines that only visited once. However every embassy can be a little different. The only legal requirement is 1 time in two years, and USICS cleared my K-1 with no problem.

The reason I only visited once is not because of funds, that is not an issue at all, it is time away from work. I am the manger of a Mid- size manufacturing operation and I just can't go away for 2 and three week spans. The time I went I left on a Thursday and flew back on Saturday of the next week and that is the longest I have ever been away.. I figured that even after filling the k-1 we still had 6-8 months more to get to know each other and you could stop it at any point. Also once they arrive you have 90 days, which in all total is well over a year since first contact. Yes I would marry a stateside woman after knowing her a year.

It don't care if you meet someone online tomorrow and go visit within 2 weeks, it still is going to take you 6-8 months to get them here.and you have 3 months after that, so very little likely hood you will know someone less than a year before you get married.

Just curious, what kind of jobs do many of you have that you can take several 3 week periods off during the course of a year or so ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just curious, what kind of jobs do many of you have that you can take several 3 week periods off during the course of a year or so ?

I am a teacher, so I have summers off. However, being a teacher, I don't have a lot of money, either. LOL. So it is a matter of living lean.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.