hobbitofohio

Wife came on a k1 now want to do a following-to- join for daughter

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife has her green card. We are filing in an I824 to bring her daughter here. On part 3 it asks for "information about the original petition or application." Are they meaning the I-485 Adjustment or the I-129f? We are not sure which they want.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife has her green card. We are filing in an I824 to bring her daughter here. On part 3 it asks for "information about the original petition or application." Are they meaning the I-485 Adjustment or the I-129f? We are not sure which they want.

I-824 is not the right form. You need to go directly to the consulate with the same forms (DS) as P-3 for your now wife.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I-824 is not the right form. You need to go directly to the consulate with the same forms (DS) as P-3 for your now wife.

My wife is in the USA and her daughter is in Russia. The P-3 is foreign nationals to enter into the U.S. to perform, teach or coach as artists or entertainers. Why would she use a P-3 for a following-to-join?

Timeline

My wife is in the USA and her daughter is in Russia. The P-3 is foreign nationals to enter into the U.S. to perform, teach or coach as artists or entertainers. Why would she use a P-3 for a following-to-join?

No, P-3 meaning Packet 3, which is the set of application forms your then fiancee received from Moscow to apply for the K-1. It is the same forms you use to apply for the child's K-2.

The USCIS nor NVC is involved if you are exercising the follow-to-join benefit within the one year after the K-1. You need to get going and do it fast as the FTJ expires one year after the K-1 was issued and that means the K-2 MUST be issued by that date, not just applied for. Get it in applied for in Moscow ASAP

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

Where do I find this set of forms and the steps for a follow-to-join using them?

forms will be on the website for the US Embassy in Moscow... however you probably will not find step by step instructions...

email the Consulate for instructions (MoscowIV@state.gov)

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html

K2 Visas for Children of Alien Fiance(e)s

All children (under 21 years old and unmarried) of an alien classified K1 should be listed on I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e). Children also must be present at the interview. The child of a K1 principal alien may acquire K2 status even after the principal alien has married American Citizen Petitioner and acquired lawful permanent resident status in U. S. A marriage certificate of the principal alien along with the rest of the required documentation must be provided for the child's visa interview in this case. The cut-off date for issuance of a K2 visa is 1 year from the date of the K1 visa issuance to the principal alien.

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/k2visas.html

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

forms will be on the website for the US Embassy in Moscow... however you probably will not find step by step instructions...

email the Consulate for instructions (MoscowIV@state.gov)

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html

K2 Visas for Children of Alien Fiance(e)s

All children (under 21 years old and unmarried) of an alien classified K1 should be listed on I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e). Children also must be present at the interview. The child of a K1 principal alien may acquire K2 status even after the principal alien has married American Citizen Petitioner and acquired lawful permanent resident status in U. S. A marriage certificate of the principal alien along with the rest of the required documentation must be provided for the child's visa interview in this case. The cut-off date for issuance of a K2 visa is 1 year from the date of the K1 visa issuance to the principal alien.

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/k2visas.html

:thumbs:

If your wife received her K-1 less than one year ago you can just make an appointment for the K-2 using the same case number as you did for your wife.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.